Has anyone had any harassment issues on here?

I get a lot of strange inboxes from people that usually end up getting blocked (I have a 3 strike rule where I'll warn them 3 times that if they don't stop, I'll block them) but there was this one user that posted a question about me called 'with or without smile?' recently that got me really creeped out.

He had posted Sia's You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile lyrics, and created a poll with two images of myself, one of me grinning from a post on a selfie question, and the other being my current profile picture. Another user recognized me and tagged me in it, and once I saw the question I reported it, so now it's gone. The whole thing was really weird though, because I didn't even know the asker.

Here are some screenshots I managed to get before it was removed:

I believe the same user also posted a question about me called 'with or without dress?'where I assume he would have posted a similar question of me with a picture I've posted on here in a gold dress (some users may have seen it floating around). I'd logged in after someone had reported it, so I couldn't actually view the question because it was hidden, but I saw the title of the question under my mentions tab of my profile.

I'm seriously considering getting rid of my profile picture on here now, after that.

Anyways, enough about what happened to me, I'm wondering if anyone else has had harassment issues or any similar experiences?

What Guys Said 31

• Wow your situation is some creepy ass shit! :-/

I've never been creeped on like that, but...

A few years ago I had a male and a female user (who I was friends with on this site), in a Bonnie-and-Clyde type dynamic, ferociously defame me and bully me.

We have Meebo chat back then, so they would say mean, vicious things about me in their status (which is a statement banner next to your username in the friends list), and would say mean rude things to my inbox (before I blocked them), on my posts as comments, and would spread vicious rumors to other users ABOUT me.

So much so, that I had several users contact me and would let me know what these two users were saying about me (some even used screenshots).

I politely ignored all the pessimistic venom from GaG's Bonnie and Clyde, and was using this site at the same activity level that I did before. I wasn't "ran off" the site at all.

In fact, with the quirky sense of humor I have, I was very much amused that there were users THAT obsessed with their unprovoked hatred of me. Some hilarious shit that was :-D

-------

All this happened in 2012. Any current users here, that were around back then, knew about it for sure. Very much top tier #GaGGossip , and was one of the biggest scandals in #GaGHistory.

Probably the highest level of bullying on this site as well.

-----

But anyways I'm still here. One of the most tenured users here (since Jan 2010 with the same account the whole time).

Top 7 XPer all-time for guys.

Top 12 XPer all-time overall across both genders.

Strong GaG reputation with much positive acclaim.

... and those two users who were attempting to bully me, are very much irrelevant (if they are on the site at all).

I wonder who won that (one-sided) beef! :-P

• Yeah, I have had people message me just to harass me, but meh, couldn't give a shit.
    Some of them are still active, I'd say their names, but I feel like it's better to just not say anything.

It's usually girls though. I've had one tell me I should commit suicide and she would be happy to hand me the gun or pull the trigger (something like that). Others attack my appearance (like if I'm gonna cry because I stranger calls me ugly cause she's pissed XD). And others.

I never blocked them, I don't believe in blocking, but they do end up blocking me, so I can't reply.
    It makes the GAG experience much more fun, I must say.

Sorry to hear it, that's nasty.
      Wouldn't be GaG if it didn't come with a shit ton of haters though, would it?

It's ok, it never bothered me. Someone confident in their opinions is always gonna have haters. That's life.
      But yeah, it wouldn't be GAG if there were no haters hahahah

That's a good attitude to have.
      Agreed hahaha

• I was once accused of harassing dullards, but in the end was enthusiastically encouraged to continue!

• I looked up the cached version
    this is the guy
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/royal_ruler

can't find the other question though else I would have sent you the link

he made probably just that account to ask this question and has another main account he uses.

Luckily I have never experienced anything like that, but I'm a guy and girls are less creepy in general... even though there are some weirdos on here who messaged me lol.

• 28d

Thank you for finding that for me! He's not active any more though, thankfully.
      Wouldn't be GaG without the weirdos though would it haha.

• 28d

yeah but like I said... probably lurking with another account

• 28d

Most likely 😕

• Im sorry that happened to you. That is crazy and very creepy and disturbing. The internet is full of crazy people. Just like in real life. People do crazy stuff.

• I'm sorry it happened to you. And personally, I have had such instances, kind of. For one, there was this Iranian freak that would stalk me, pretending to be friends. He would go back on months old questions and post on them.
    For two, some guy once posted a "how does this dude here look?" question where, the same as with you now, he a picture of me.

Thankfully the peace of shit, who insofar was the only person I blocked, left and that question was taken down.

• I've just had someone called me ugly and an animal like 5 minutes ago.

I get pestered like 24/7 by Turks.

I've got people on here call me all sorts of shit. Mostly they are people who just like to attack people and lower their self esteem to their level.

There's some nice people on here, but some people ruin it.

• I've messaged with a few young girls who have had men try to get their bra size, what kind of ass they have, etc. Some men are just pigs or worse. I wouldn't give a second chance to these people.

• No, that has never happened to me. Did you report that person?

• That seems like borderline stalking, however, if you're posting stuff online you can fully expect people to use it for unsavory purposes. =\ You can always create an alternate account and just don't post pictures of yourself.

Exactly, the good with the bad, I guess.
      It was really really weird, usually I'm not rattled with stuff that happens on here, but this time, it bothered me.

• Well, it can serve as a warning for the kind of pictures you start posting in here.
    3 strike rule xD sounds cool.. seems 1 too many though

• Yup plenty of times but I don't care, let em do it, I don't care and it only makes them out to be the idiotic children they are.

• Dobyou know who the user is? I'd report him to the admins and get his account and ip address blocked or something

• Yea that's creepy- probably a question the girls can relate to more.

• I'm so low key on here I have to harass myself s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...637d8c6717.jpg

• Yeah because of racists anons don't stop stalking :(

You should report their ass! Wow I can't believe that actually happened

• Wow. Maybe remove the pics of yourself if this is a huge problem, but otherwise u seem to be dealing with this well. Some people turn into absolute psychos if they're told they won't be responsible for what they do. Just if they're told.

• That's really weird at least that post is down alway's remember where there's social media or social sites there's always a creeper just gotta be careful.

• holly shit sis, sounds like you got a serious stalker!

if i were you i report this fool to the administrator ASAP.

• Women who take selfies are attention hoes, Women who post them on public sites full of strangers are just asking for it :/

• That's extra creepy!!

• Never to that extent wow! the lengths losers will go to :/

• People on the internet suck cause it's anonymous

Some are cool, though

I've had some mean people online talk to me like downright why would you say that mean

• creepy as fuck, and you look good in both pics :)

• Who cares? Its the Internet, you should be aware of the consequences that come with showing your pic.

It happened to me too, i didn't report it. I told him "cool" and went on with my day.

No i get you, i read that part and thats why i shared my experience. Id say keep it, it gives your profile identity.

Okay, thank you.

• Yeah, like get over it. You probably did this. Why attention seek. Do I get a warning for saying this to you, or did I make you so butthurt i get straight block.

• 29d

Hahahahaha you're funny dude. Tbh you sound like the butthurt one to me.
      I'm not that desperate for attention that I'd ask it myself, besides, it was asked by a guy, and I'm waaaay too lazy to create another account.

• 29d

Not in my nature to block people.

• 29d

Good for you.

• if you want to I can track him down for you and ''handle'' him for a hefty price

• Wtf?

• Personally, you're not hot enough to harass 💯

• Yes, I get sexually harassed all the time.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 11

• Go with your gut. If you are rattled by it I think you should definitely do soemthing and don't ignore it. As someone who has experienced the ugly side of people on internet I can tell you, a lot of these feelings you have about people are accurate. You really do have to use caution and anytime you have a picture or information about yourself it can and often will be misused :/ I have met people from the Internet who were not who they said they were and did things to me that completely altered my life. I'm not saying this will happen to you but I am saying it is a slippery slope and you have to put your saftey first

• This site does not do enough to protect its users from harassment because they let people post anonymously. They are just asking for trouble.

• This site is basically 70% creepy, bitter, basement dwellers
    But the 30% left are good people.

• Yup yup I had horrible experience when I had my profile picture on. Weird inbox messages, and guys try to sext me and send me pictures of their dicks and videos. And ask me weird questions after being friendly. Some of them even told me we'll jerk off and come to your pictures. so I got rid of my pic, and I always ask questions anonymously. no more pics here

• Jesus Christ that's creepy, I'd be careful if I were you. Stay safe girlie <3

I don't think I've had anything done to me like that on here, but I don't really know what would classify as "harassment" right now. The worst thing that anyone has said to me is that they hope I get raped/stalked. But I blocked them so it doesn't really matter.

I know right!
      Thank you :) <3

Wow, that's terrible, they should get their account terminated for saying something like that!

• 29d

It is ok to say those things.

• 29d

@bobbyxx I don't think I quite understand what you meant by that. Are you saying that it's okay for someone to say that they hope I get raped/stalked? Or did you mean something else by that?

• It definitely has happened to users unfortunately. Keep your profile private if you do not already. Definitely continue to block anyone who harasses you, especially after a warning, too.

:/ Thanks for the tip, I think I was on private, but I reckon I'll turn it on again.
      Yep, not afraid to use the block button lol, 18 people and counting.

Typically, you get asked to be a mod. Starting out at the basic mod position, though, you will only be able to hide opinions and opinion comments, not questions or anything else. You can only continue to report questions until you hit super mod status.

Ahhh, okay. That's good to know.

• I haven't gotten anything yet but thats why i dont post personal pics on a public forum. There are way too many sickos and weirdos out there. Maybe just start a new profile with a picture of a cat or something.

• I saw it! I had commented that what he or she was doing was creepy. I suggest that you remove your profile picture.

• In my inbox I've seen a lot of creeps and fools who have been blocked after my warning too BUT this didn't happen to me. This is very creepy and childish. The asker was anonymous or not?

• 29d

Nope, wasn't even anon. Should have blocked him when I had the chance.

• 29d

Yeah, agreed. I think he was like, level 1 though...

• 29d

Lol I always try to not even accept follow requests from 1 or 2 xper

• Yes it happens all the time

• I get the odd message nothing more.