What is you opinion on this new 'best' opinion order?

What is you opinion on this new 'best' opinion order?
So, apparently, opinions are no longer sorted by Xper level and MHO%. Back then, Masters were on top followed by people with high MHO% in descending order.
That was good as 'masters' are loyal, dedicated and experienced users of this site so, they deserve to be on top and users with good MHO% post good answers so, it was good to see them on top too. But now, they are sorted based on time only :/

What do you think about this new sorting?

And what is this "best"? (I think only admins know)

1|0
4|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't matter to me. Unless there are a ridiculous amount of opinions, I read through them all.

What does it mean, I am a little curious.. Not enough to actually look into it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is my perception on it

1. Earlier the intention was noble towards the askers & other GAGers as well as the dedicated users of GAG who had attained Xpers by putting the opinions of the highest order on top. This way the opiner is motivated & other GAGers get to read sincere honest opinions
    2. Now the intention is to be fair even to those that are new but are enroute to becoming a Master & also other GAGers are now motivated to read beyond the first 2/4 opinions

Evolution

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 10

• I thought they were default sorted out with primarily MHO% only now, no?' Like on the mobile it still goes like...
    -- People you follow (sorted by MHO%)
    -- "master level" people you don't follow
    -- People you don't follow (sorted by MHO%)

I found that made sense, and I'm not simply saying that because I have a relatively high MHO%. I figure that level 11/masters have the experience, and high MHO% people tend to have more informative answers than lower MHO% people (not always, just what I've seen). Sorting by xper as it used to be wasn't horrible either.

I haven't seen it organized by strictly time, but I don't think that makes much sense regardless. Time has no correlation to how informative/useful an answer it is. It shows no correlation to experience of the user either. All it shows is that one answered first. For a generalized comment section in a standard forum, it'd make sense, but in an advice forum, it doesn't.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

It's changed now. Check out the FAQ
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#158
      Logged In Question Opinion sorting
      1) Most Helpful Opinions
      2) New Activity section: Opinions/Replies/Mentions (only on first load)
      3) My Opinion
      4) Users I follow (who are not anonymous)
      5) All other Opinions sorted by time (newest first)

And yes! I agree with you.

• 3mo

Ahh yeah, it has changed. I saw the label "MHO%" on the mobile for the top right of the sorter so I got confused.

I wonder if it is because the higher MHO people kept getting more MHOs. Hmm... I can't say for certain, but I think that being at the top of answers gets one MHO easier for whatever reason. It's been awhile since it was sorted by xper though so I can't be certain and compare it.

I kinda wish there was a setting to change how it was auto sorted. If I wanted MHO% first each time, changing it each question is quite the hassle.

• 3mo

My luck is extremely poor. As soon as I turned into a Guru, they discontinued making them on top. Then I worked towards increasing my MHO% (got it from 8 to 21), still masters were on top so, I'm approaching, but they discontinued it too. LOL Why always me?

"I can't say for certain, but I think that being at the top of answers gets one MHO easier for whatever reason"
      I believe that too.

I think they are experimenting. Sorting be time is a "default" sorting. There's nothing interesting here. I don't even know how they decide the "best" sorting

• I like being able to sort it by time, it makes it easier when looking for new opinions in your questions (cause sometimes they don't appear as "new activity").

I think "best" may have something to do with the voting ratio?

0|0
    0|0
  • It means nothing to me. I leave it on MHO. I have no idea what "Best" could mean. Who decides who or what is best?

0|0
    0|0
  • It always should have defaulted to a time sort. I never did like the MHO% sort.

1|1
    0|0
  • I thought I was the only one who noticed this. It kind of bugs me, I preferred the previous layout much more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont really understand how it works anyway so I dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had no idea and to be honest I don't really care lol this site is always changing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I literally never pay attention to that stuff :/

0|0
    0|0