What is you opinion on this new 'best' opinion order?

So, apparently, opinions are no longer sorted by Xper level and MHO%. Back then, Masters were on top followed by people with high MHO% in descending order.
That was good as 'masters' are loyal, dedicated and experienced users of this site so, they deserve to be on top and users with good MHO% post good answers so, it was good to see them on top too. But now, they are sorted based on time only :/

What do you think about this new sorting?

And what is this "best"? (I think only admins know)

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't matter to me. Unless there are a ridiculous amount of opinions, I read through them all.

What does it mean, I am a little curious.. Not enough to actually look into it.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is my perception on it

1. Earlier the intention was noble towards the askers & other GAGers as well as the dedicated users of GAG who had attained Xpers by putting the opinions of the highest order on top. This way the opiner is motivated & other GAGers get to read sincere honest opinions
    2. Now the intention is to be fair even to those that are new but are enroute to becoming a Master & also other GAGers are now motivated to read beyond the first 2/4 opinions

Evolution

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 10

• I thought they were default sorted out with primarily MHO% only now, no?' Like on the mobile it still goes like...
    -- People you follow (sorted by MHO%)
    -- "master level" people you don't follow
    -- People you don't follow (sorted by MHO%)

I found that made sense, and I'm not simply saying that because I have a relatively high MHO%. I figure that level 11/masters have the experience, and high MHO% people tend to have more informative answers than lower MHO% people (not always, just what I've seen). Sorting by xper as it used to be wasn't horrible either.

I haven't seen it organized by strictly time, but I don't think that makes much sense regardless. Time has no correlation to how informative/useful an answer it is. It shows no correlation to experience of the user either. All it shows is that one answered first. For a generalized comment section in a standard forum, it'd make sense, but in an advice forum, it doesn't.

It's changed now. Check out the FAQ
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#158
      Logged In Question Opinion sorting
      1) Most Helpful Opinions
      2) New Activity section: Opinions/Replies/Mentions (only on first load)
      3) My Opinion
      4) Users I follow (who are not anonymous)
      5) All other Opinions sorted by time (newest first)

And yes! I agree with you.

Ahh yeah, it has changed. I saw the label "MHO%" on the mobile for the top right of the sorter so I got confused.

I wonder if it is because the higher MHO people kept getting more MHOs. Hmm... I can't say for certain, but I think that being at the top of answers gets one MHO easier for whatever reason. It's been awhile since it was sorted by xper though so I can't be certain and compare it.

I kinda wish there was a setting to change how it was auto sorted. If I wanted MHO% first each time, changing it each question is quite the hassle.

My luck is extremely poor. As soon as I turned into a Guru, they discontinued making them on top. Then I worked towards increasing my MHO% (got it from 8 to 21), still masters were on top so, I'm approaching, but they discontinued it too. LOL Why always me?

"I can't say for certain, but I think that being at the top of answers gets one MHO easier for whatever reason"
      I believe that too.

I think they are experimenting. Sorting be time is a "default" sorting. There's nothing interesting here. I don't even know how they decide the "best" sorting

• I like being able to sort it by time, it makes it easier when looking for new opinions in your questions (cause sometimes they don't appear as "new activity").

I think "best" may have something to do with the voting ratio?

• It means nothing to me. I leave it on MHO. I have no idea what "Best" could mean. Who decides who or what is best?

• It always should have defaulted to a time sort. I never did like the MHO% sort.

• I thought I was the only one who noticed this. It kind of bugs me, I preferred the previous layout much more.

• I dont really understand how it works anyway so I dont know

• I don't really care.

• I had no idea and to be honest I don't really care lol this site is always changing.

• I literally never pay attention to that stuff :/