Do you think most people who go anonymous are usually more mean and less thoughtful?

I just was in a conversation with an anonymous guy that said all intelligent women are mean, and all the ditzy ones are nice. And of course I understand he is butt hurt probably because an intelligent woman wouldn't give him the light of day but his hateful attitude was easier for him because he is anonymous. I now will never choose anonymous users as mho. What do you think?

• Oh yah, those anonymous haters!!!
  • Nah, they are nice usually

Most Helpful Guy

• some of them could be shy and nice too
    but the one your talking about he sure sounds like an ass

Yes he totally was, and I wish I could block him

That's true! What he says just reflects who he is and I don't have to give him a reaction to make him happy.

exactly

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many users that go anonymous just to troll or spout hateful opinions, but there are a nice anonymous commenters as well.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm sure it's easier to be mean while being anonymous, but also sometimes you want to ask or answer with something insightful that you don't necessarily want other people to associate with you.

• Its more about if they don't have a pic of them real selves up which is the same as going anon since both ways your identity is hidden.

• Obviously, he is not very intelligent. He isn't up to the level of highly intelligent women, and they know it. He is insulting them even by suggesting he is. If he has better luck with dumb girls, that would be because they are on his level.

The advantage of being anonymous is that one can be more thoughtful. You can tell it the way it is and do not have to be concerned about the PC police.

• The advantage and disadvantage of anonymity is the lac of a filter. Anonymity makes it possible for people to state their opinions, etc. without repercussion. This results in a lot more different quality posts that would have never come along with an identity - but the side-effect is that some will use the anonymity for being disrespectful.

Personally I think it's still worth it nonetheless.

• Rather mean

• No but they might can get a different answer, or feel they can ask something they wouldn't normally. I'm glad they have it. I even think Facebook should have thst, instead of making certain lists. Seems iffy about if it really is private to just those members whereas it's a check box and that's it

• he's pretty stupid then.

• i m good.

• It's insanely ironic because we're already anonymous. We've created personas that are false and people try to protect. Is that it?

• there's no correlation

• yeah maybe,

• Oh yah, those anonymous haters!!!

• Most of the anonymous people are nice, and shy, but some of them are just trolls who like to insult people other GaG-ers.

• I'm nice.

• OMG, WTF is your problem? This is just the dumbest, lamest question everrr. I'd tell you why except I didn't put much thought into this comment. But anons are not angry and mean, you stupid biatch!!! I'm so butt-hurt now...

: )

• On the contrary, I find that it doesn't depend on whether they are anon. You get really great nice people on here. And some truly stupid ones in terms of behaviour as well. Often it's the people are aren't anon who are really arrogant. They'll often not read the question, and if they're a guy tell you to be "alpha" and if they're a girl state some opinion which has nothing to do with the question. And then they block you when you call them up on their verbal abuse.

Honestly, I think they are just mean people and they have no shame hence they are rarely anon.

You seem like a good person. Just thought I'd add my comment. Oh and would appreciate if you could help me out on a take?

Sure, thanks for the compliment

Anytime. If you're good at reading takes, be great to hear your view on mine?

• We come in peace.

What Girls Said 4

• I go anonymous a lot, because I'm shy and I don't want all of my responses to be linked to my profile. There are plenty of anons that aren't mean. I've seen people go anonymous and give good responses. Some of my best and most helpful responses were made anonymously.

• SOME r anon jusy for privacy, but I feel most r mean and antagonistic...

• Sure, some people don't have the guts to voice their true, honest, mean, hateful thoughts to someone's face but most people are not abusing the anonymous feature. The anonymous feature adds a factor of transparent mental intimacy when given and received correctly. Even if someone uses the anonymous feature to be an ass, try to receive some sort of truth from their behavior No offense, but I think it's immature for you, as a 28 year old woman, to punish all other anonymous users because one anonymous guy pissed you off.

That's true, thanks for pointing that out.

You're welcome

• It depends. I usually go anonymous. Sometimes I give really thought out answers and sometimes people ask stupid or hateful questions so I give rude responses. I mainly just go anon cause I know some people on here in person and I don't want them to reading and judging me for my posts.