Why is there a trend of female GAG users informing men on how to be men?

"What it really means to be masculine", "What it takes to be a real man", etc.

To be perfectly honest, they don't have a clue what it takes to be a man, or what it is like to be a man. You are the polar opposite of a man, so stick to telling other women how to be women. Still very pretentious, but at least it makes more sense than a woman telling a man how to be a man.

• I have noticed this trend
  • I haven't noticed this trend, to be honest. A few female GAG users here and there, but that is about it.
  • I have not noticed ANY female GAG users telling men how to be men AT ALL.
  • Shut up and become my definition of a man!
  • Other answer

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps is because many of us are getting tired of some male GAG users telling us their definition of what it means to be feminine, how a lady should be like (according to them), their frequent post about being anti-commitment, trying to convince us to think like them about marriage being useless, their obsession about our prime years, etc.

They post many things to bring women down.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, the opposite sex DOES determine the rules for our gender to a large extent. It's the same when guys say that girls should act feminine and not sleep around. There is pressure on both guys and girls to be a certain way. Some of this is coming from their own gender but a lot is determined by what the other gender deems valuable and attractive, that's just the way it is. A lot of girls on here will say how unfair it is to judge females who sleep around as unfeminine. Too bad. Girls don't get to decide what guys like. But at the same time, guys don't get to decide what girls find masculine either. Wish it wasn't this way but it is and it won't be changing any time soon.

What Girls Said 8

• What's with the trend of some "men" on gag reading only headlines of takes and having a knee jerk hissy fit about a term they don't actually understand the meaning of?

I actually read your take. This isn't just a knee jerk reaction.

And I don't take issue with your use of the phrase "toxic masculinity".

• I haven't noticed this. Maybe they're more in tune with their masculine side then feminine? If that makes sense lol probably not.
    Eh, who knows.
    If it bothers you then you don't have to listen. I mean, it's online. It's not threatening you.

What you are saying does make sense, but being a masculine woman only makes you a masculine woman, not a man.

I try not to listen to the GAG bullshit, but it gets hard sometimes. Still, I agree with you there.

• i think women just say what they look for in men in the takes you might be referring to… i don't think they are making a guidebook for everyone. They're just stating their preferences.

Nope, I'm pretty sure these women are telling me how to be a man.

For example: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30780-toxic-masculinity-what-makes-a-real-man - Scroll down to "What makes a real man"

yeah i mean a lot of that is saying "can", meaning you don't have to, but you can do it.

I will say some of the things posted in there were trying to inform men how to be men, which isn't really anyones place. Being a man in a woman's eyes is all about what the woman they love wants in a man. There isn't a general guideline to follow.

• I've noticed it yeah but I think they mean it's what they want in men, like they want men to change cuz the way most men are is unsatisfactory

• Basically, it's what @Puppyolve94 said!

• People have the right to express what they think makes a man a man.

• I've only read one MyTake like that and it basically said maculinity has many differeny forms. As long as you be yourself and have a dick then you're a real man. (Exceptions may need to be made for transitioning/trans men)

• I wrote "what it really means to be masculine"
    Dude it was just intended to be a joke, you all need to chill.

Yeah, alright. Shitty joke, but that's just my opinion, I suppose.

What Guys Said 16

• Lmao. It's dumb as fuck. Women have no idea what it's like to be a man. Some of the takes have good content but it should have a different title.

• yeah girls are conditioned to be that way and assume things in how they think we guys are supposed to be, girls think guys have to be just like a girl to be accepted. i know it sucks and just makes a girl even more impossible.

• Its disturbing alright , but what's even more disturbing is some of the gag guys could really use a dose of it.

• It's not just on here, it also happens everywhere. It's usually the misandrists that spout this nonsense.

• you know women are crazy

• Yeah they're hilarious little people.

• Yeah, it gets on my nerves and it is so hypocritical and sexist. Most of offenders are ultra moderators or Editors or Gurus. Just feminist rubbish.

• I think they're talking about their type of men

• Men should define themselves and distinguish themselves from other men and women.

• I've noticed the same thing. I posted on that take. She's an air head.

• I have noticed this trend

• Maybe it's because there's a whole slew of males who are whiny bitches and don't know how to be men?

So, the solution to whiny bitch guys is to let whiny bitches teach those whiny bitch men how to be men?

Lol, no, I never said it was a solution. It's just why they are doing it.

There is no solution to being a whiny bitch.

• Yes and it's bullshit. No women has a right to tell me what a man is- just like I have no right to tell a woman what a women is.

They go insane when some men try that, then turn around and do it to others. Hypocrites.

• Typical women, dreaming of fairytales.

• theyre not telling us how to be, they're telling us what they WANT us to be

• I don't have a problem with it especially since so many men on gag are disgruntled, whiny, little bitches.

Nobody should tell each other how cool act etc. were not living in ancient times where the elite controls the others

Dude people have the liberty to be free

I can't say I disagree with you there.