Do you think the Amazon Gift Card is worth it?

Do you feel that all the headaches it takes to gain $20 worth of free stuff worth the struggle here on GaG?

Most Helpful Guy

• Haven't gotten to that point yet - are you referring to the headaches in redeeming the gift card? Or headaches in actually putting up with nut jobs on gag everyday?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Headaches"? lol you're kidding right?

I mean, for me it's more like... ok, I can multitask here, it's a pretty fun site overall and I've gotten to know some cool and interesting people (and I've been able to help out others -- a few of the thank-you's I've gotten in PM have even brought the good kind of tears)... oh, and, every nowandthen they even toss me a free Amazon GC for no reason at all. (:

If there was anything at all approaching "headaches" on this site for me, then (1) not be here in the first place, and (2) I'd take a good long hard look at myself, and think about why I took everything in life way too damn seriously.

What Guys Said 18

• No, not really. But if 20 is your goal then so be it. But you can also get 2 TGIF restaurant cards instead.

Atm, I'm aiming for twice the amount to give me more options to decide what to get from amazon as 20 bucks would be a little too little, so I'll stick around for quite a while, maybe up to 3 times as 60 bucks is easier to decide on what I can get. Probably have to get something useful or relevant to school or something don't know exactly yet. That is unless there are anmouncements they plan to further increase the amount if points in order to redeem a gift card then I may have to redeem it sooner than current plans

• Well if you struggle here either way, it's essentially free!

But if you consider the fact that you could have a more productive hobby, it can seem like a bad payoff. A payoff, just not worth it for the time it consumes.

Unless you're an expert at spamming opinions on the questions feed.

• If you're on this website just to get a gift card, you're wasting your time

I know that.

As a primary goal? It is pretty much. Better off getting a real day job or apply for some local gig that pays you cash instead. Much easier to make 20 bucks that way in real life instead of aiming for the rewards offered here.

@JudgmentDay I like your thinking young man.

• Struggle? Not I don't think that we can call it struggle. I'm not here for the gift cards, I can just ask for them as a consequence of being active here. So I think it's worth it.

• I don't post to get those giftcards, I have enough money and it takes too much time. There are faster ways to get $20. But if I'm here anyway, then I'll definitely won't say no to it. It's just a little extra which makes you not feel as bad for spending all your time here haha.

But I'd never be here just for those

But I'm cheap!

You said there were faster ways to make $20 and you're right but I'm cheap and will take free money where I can get it even doing silly things like spending eternity on this site.

yes, and like I said it's a nice extra... so if you plan on spending a lot of time here anyway... sure, it's cool. But if you need the money for something and you are only here because of the giftcards... it's a waste of time

• As someone who isn't actively working towards the rewards, it'll just be a nice little gift once I have enough points. That said, it will probably take years before I earn enough given how little I use the site 😹😢

• Not really. If I would have spent an equal amount of hours on my YouTube channel as I have on here, I would have made a little over $100 by now, and I'm not even close to the 7,000 points for the $20 Amazon card.

I wish that GAG would offer a key chain as a reward as a choice. That way it's not so obvious to everyone like the T-shirt, but it's still something I can use.

I highly agree! I don't want to display my participation this site so directly to the world! haha

• It is a nice bonus but if you think about what you had to do to get it as work , it won't feel good.

• If I exchange I will probably sell it for 20$ but I will like to take the t shirt

• I just go on here to waste time. I rarely even think about being able to get gift cards — I rarely get stuff on Amazon anyway, as I can't pay with PayPal.

• Yes. It's saved me hundreds of dollars in purchases at my level.

• Its absolutely worth it.

• i'm out here slangin that pusi for that gift card. they better pay me what they owe me

• Nope nope nope.. I use gag to post funny answers and have fun. not win or gain anything

• Amazon Gift card lol thats what she was asking for Lol
    thats a thing now :D

• Nope and don't care, I have lots of money to buy what I want

• It's def. not worth 7000 points, that's for sure

• Not worth it to me. I have no intention of giving my name and address out to the site owners.

What Girls Said 8

• What do you have to do to get it?

7000 Xper points. I have over 5k but I spent a few to get a post promoted. Kicking myself.

Oh wow I mean I'll take free money XD

• I don't feel this site is that huge of headache, so it's worth it for me.

• I guess so

• Not here for the gift cards, they're just a bonus on the side to be honest.

• embrace the journey

• YES. wait how do u get it? <:(

• No xD but I still did it

• No, It's not worth it to work for it. However, if you already spend a lot of time to this site and you enjoy being here as a hobby, then the amazon gift card is just one of the perks/rewards you receive for your time here.