Editors' myTakes, are they becoming dull?

Editors are required to write a number of mytakes monthly. And from what I've noticed is that this has produced a bunch of dry, pointless myTakes that really didn't have to be created. They get complimented for it anyways in the comments, but it's almost never special anymore.

What Girls Said 5

• It happens sometimes when people feel the pressure to produce content, even if they do not have quality ideas in mind.

• 27d

Yup. I remember the olden days of GAG where there were not many takes but the takes were great

• OMG your mean encouraging quantity over quality isn't like a GOOD idea?

Whaaaaaat?

• 27d

Lol way to spur on my point. I was gonna wait to rip off that band aid!

• We're required to write one a month? Lol news to me!

• 26d

Then why did they get so crappy? They used to be good!

The problem isn't that they're about relationships and stuff, the problem is they're not interesting anymore. They actually make no sense and have no point in being written

• 26d

So is that what everyone's doing? Writing what THEY think is interesting? And none of it works?

• 26d

Well, people read and comment on them so obviously some people find them interesting.

Again, if there is no content that YOU find interesting, write some.

• MyTakes have always been dull...

• 26d

Ik but especially now

• Like anything, it gets old and saturated. Nothing left to say.
    I've been making brownie points on asking questions and it gets me more ahead.
    Maybe time for a change.

What Guys Said 7

• There will always be different styles in peoples questions and takes - I suppose just skip over the ones you don't like

• Editor here
    I just write the mytakes I want too.
    this is my most recent one
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30830-3-good-reasons-why-marijuana-should-be-legalized

• 26d

You're an editor?

• 26d

check my profile page

• 26d

I had no idea there was a minimum haha

I only write them when something is on my mind and I think it'll make a good topic.

• Everything I have ever written has been my idea, noone has ever forced me to write anything I didn't want to

• 26d

Yes okay then many mytakes these days have gone dull. What happened?

• 26d

Too many editors, too easy to bcome an editor

• 26d

There you go. We hold tryouts. I think u'd make it m8

• Write some of your own stuffs then man change the world start with yourself.

• 26d

Lmao I'm not an editor bro

• 25d

I would never publish anything if I just wrote it cuz I "wanted to." Why would anybody do that?

• 25d

i because i do these things for myself. writing things gets them off my mind, i have over 100 journal pages with my thoughts in them and i can turn them into a book which i will, it will be a book about my thoughts which in the future be important to someone. i have documents on my computer that float around the internet in purely text format, they have not been altered at all, they are written in notepad lol. strangers on the internet respect the integrity of documents and circulate them if the information is worth something. i just feel like doing something with my life makes me a better person and i choose to do this. writing can be a great skill you know.

• I'm glad I'm not an editor.

• 26d

Same. They're actually conveyor belts

• GaG doesn't care about quality, really, as long as the myTakes get clicks. Clicks = advertising revenue.

• I find they are all sexist to men.