Is it possible GaG creates bots or fake accounts?

I've been a regular user now for almost 2 months and something about this site is very odd.

I've noticed similar writing styles with a few users and the repetitive questions are very odd. I think GaG might be creating fake profiles, to create the illusion of more active users, than there really are.

Most Helpful Girl

• People *always* repeat questions. It's just the nature of the site.
    But nah, I've never thought that.

The whole site is just shit. It would make sense me that the mods would create fake profiles to make it seem like there is an active community. I mean the only info that gets passed is shit, and it seems like we have a new popularity question every other day. Or one of the other million survey questions.

Thanks for mhg :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Well, I can't rule out that possibility but it seems unlikely. It would be a lot of work for them to keep up these "accounts". I've been here for over 7 years and can tell you for sure that some people ask the same questions over and over again either because A) they're not satisfied with the answers they're getting and they want more (and I hide those as duplicates), or B) they can't be bothered to use the search function found at the top of the site to see if someone else asked the same question.

• I am not Sure so much Gag is 'Creating fake profiles' @Mario21, but I do Know there are a Few on here, dear, who have More than One account, Fake or Not.
    Yes, some Fakes and it is Been even acknowledged on this site, Names of Some of the Users who I am quite Sure, were very Shocked to Learn... Burned some of Us.
    Good luck. xx

• Nah, I've never thought of that.

• repititive questions... those people just ignore the answers and need more to raise their self esteem

Every question on this site is repetitive.

There are so many catfishes, fake profiles. I think the site not only doesn't care, but creates a lot of them.

And that

• *runs away*

Get her! ಠ_ಠ *tackled Triss!*

Yeah, star wars was great. Psh why can't Yoda be real (._.)

• a lot of people post the same questions over and over even after getting responses. Some people also type the same way. Interesting thought though.

This site just seems very off.

The internet is kinda off. You dont know exactly who is behing the avatar or screen name. People are; trolls, catfish and then there are the real people. Kinda like in the real world you have fake people and nice real people.

What Guys Said 8

• This question does not compute.

• technically possible but very unlikely.

questions repeat all the time and there are users who make new accounts over and over again. especially a couple of catfishes

• No. People post the same questions over and over again. Especially the Turks.
    But of course for the Gag administration this is just an unimportant issue.

Exactly. Youd think they do something about it. Most of these questions have something in common. Theyre all surveys that can be used to collect data. Like what facebook Instagram and Snapchat all do

• Imma not. I'm fake as fuck.

• don't tempt the forces of the unknown for you are not ready for the consequences that may befall you, young patawon

• It is possible, but I doubt anyone would do it. Since they would have to make a custom script for this site.

Im talking about the owners doing it. To push advertisement , and collect data similar to facebook and Instagram.

• Here is turkish conpiracy too.

I don't know what you mean by that feel free to explain.

You lost me

:D aadsdsadas

• dude, its me your buddy, vnmc making accounts again and again