Do you consider GAG like Yahoo Answers?

Do you find it different?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I can see the same concept behind both. However, many users here have been on Yahoo! Answers and said this site is much better.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be a hardcore yahoo answerer. I still got thousands of the useless points sitting in the account I have on there.

First off, there are soooo many internet forums where you 'ask a question, get a response.' They are similar to each other only in the sense that they're both advice forums.
    However, GAG capitalizes on offers great improvements on YA that make it vastly different. GAG's sense of community is something that YA has none of.

Some things that YA fails and GAG wins on.
    1.) I can actually message cool people who I want to be friends with, via pm.
    2.) The points mean something. YA points are completely worthless. GAG points can get you giftcards or donations to charities eventually.
    3.) The site layout actually makes sense. Ever since YA went from green to purple, the mobile version sucks and the layout is buggy and awful.
    4.) Higher quality answers since people actually care -- well, uhh, for the most part. Also MANY less spammers. Less trolls I'd say too.
    5.) Comments get notifications on GAG. Since there are so many spammers on Yahoo, they haven't figured out a way yet to put notifications for comments that spam bots won't take advantage of.
    6.) Sense of community. You recognize many users on here. You can make friends on here after talking to them. Heck, I've gotten in Skype calls and watched movies with some of them. On all my time on YA, I never talked to someone on the site or anything. GAG makes you feel, I don't know, less lonely and isolated than YA. On YA, you don't get flagged for "member posts" because no one knows each other.
    7.) Can tag other people with @
    8.) Can go anonymous.
    9.) Says age. I don't know how many YA questions I've answered where they didn't say the age for a relationship question and I had to guess (probably inaccurately) off their grammar.
    10.) A team of mods and admins that continually clean the site of bad users/posts. On Yahoo Answers, answers may be down voted badly, but rarely are they ever taken down. On this site, mods do a decent job of cleaning it up (totally no bias lol).
    11.) MyTakes-- possibly the biggest difference between the two. YA offers no myTakes whatsoever. If anything, YA people just rant on questions.
    12.) More people actually ANSWER your questions on GAG. I don't know how many times I post a question on YA and no answers come forth. The very first time I came on GAG, I was shocked to see the "No Opinion" feed empty. YA is swarmed with unanswered questions, which leads to duplicates.

What Girls Said 5

• Simular but more crazier. Not gonna lie.

• Never used it, but I know what it is. Sure... seems similar enough.
    This is just packaged prettier...

• Before I found gag I was on yahoo answers. I found people to be much nicer there though lol, but gag is more fun and interactive for me lol.

• Kind of.

I'd like to be able to block some anonymous users. That way I don't see their nonsense questions daily. Not directed at you, OP.

Or they saying some fuck up shit and your done talking to them for good.

@NatashaJ Oh yep. I just scroll down the feed and answer. So seeing a question, replying but not paying attention and it's that same user makes me sigh. The title is straightforward, but then their response is utter trash, so I know it's the same one.

• This is much more of a community here, over there it's just like you post and leave and check for answers.

This site is very bizarre in its own way with the way it is moderated. They take down the smallest things and leave up all kinds of other antagonizing shit that they should take down and let people do whatever they want because they choose to be coward anonymous posters. There's no reason to any of the shit that goes on here, really. Over there, there doesn't seem to be much organization, and thats fine, but here they try to make it look like there is, but they dont have a clue what they're doing and its very hypocritical.

What Guys Said 10

• It's completely different.

1. The KGB mods are just the worst, abusing their power.
    2. People on here will insult you then block you like they've won the argument. Those people are so petty.
    3. People on here have fragile egos, saying anything negative will cause them to throw a bitch-fit.
    4. Less categories and variety so you get repetitive questions a lot,

• I think yahoo answers is a bigger cesspool.

• Never been on Yahoo Answers but now I'm curious

• not really, i mean gag is more kind of fun

• Yahoo answers is not decently moderated.

• I think they're pretty similar.

There's a lot more attitude on here though.

• It's wayyyy better. I use both

• They're not even closely similar. On yahoo answers you can actually get an intelligent answer or response. Gag also has a lot of disgruntled, virgin, gamer, dorks.

• there's MUCH MORE ACTIVITY HERE.. YAHOO ANSWERS SUCKS

• yes but with better features.