This site needs Trigger Warnings for all questions and myTakes that contain insensitive material. Thoughts?

In order to make sure we all have guaranteed safe spaces, I think it would be a good idea to have disclaimers in front of every posting that discusses insensitive material that could harm the physical safety of this site's user base.

Insensitive topics that require trigger warnings should include mentions of: Rape, Slavery, Racism, White Male Privilege, Traditional Gender Roles, Genocide, Oppression, the US Constitution, Islamaphobia, Donald Trump, Microaggressions, and anything anti-Women or anti-LGBTQ (there's probably more to add to the list as well).

Together we can make this a safe and welcoming home for everybody.

28d OMG I can't believe I didn't think to put a trigger warning before asking this question! Listing off all those horrible things without any warning. I'm a monster :(

What Girls Said 7

• I would actually like to see tags for things like SFW/NSFW self harm, suicide, eating disorders, etc...

• Yes, people got very "triggered" on my last question. Like a bunch of ruffled hens. My fault-should have warned everyone.

• Your update... xD I'm sorry, but I cracked up at that more than I probably should've.

• Hmm never thought about that before but it's a good idea. Although usually I can tell by the question that the post is going to be insensitive.

• Yes it does because I get triggered very easily. In fact this question triggered me.

• You're not always going to have a warning, so no. People need to cope, not trying to be insensitive.

• I strongly agree. As much as trigger warnings are deemed a joke in our modern society, they need to be put out there. I personally have come across some horrific things and also things I am very sensitive too. It'd make me feel a lot more safe.

What Guys Said 9

• Anyone who feels the need for trigger warnings should seek professional psychiatric help.
    Trigger warnings are Marxist social justice warrior claptrap that is intended to make the members of the leftist cult feel as though they are perpetual victims; and to try to bully their opposition into silence.
    The latter does not work, because whenever the SJW loons begin to have tantrums that tells us to go harder. :-)

• We dont need these. In security there is a phenomenon as extensive warnings, these warnings are too big and plenty and are disregarded by our brain because it drains energy and costs concentration. Eventually people will disregard these trigger warnings you put everywhere.

• I think you are being sarcastic but anyway admin don't have the staff to read every question before it is posted and have to rely on the poster discretion, not always a good thing

• Nothing needs trigger warnings. We should be able to moderate the moderators though, those pussies need to get their shit together.

There are no safe spaces, if you don't have a thick enough skin to survive, well sorry but it's not my job to keep you comfortable.

• 0|2
    • 28d

Trigglypuff lol

• 28d

It was not easy, but Trigglypuff replaced Big Red as the face of both Feminism and social justice warriors.

• Well, if this take wasn't so obviously sarcastic and biased, I would see some of your point.
    Indeed, I would find it logical if takes and questions containing topics such as rape, murder, abuse, firearms, violence and other distasteful things had special markers indicating their content.

• Great troll m8, I r8 8/8 m8...

• Why? If it makes you uncomfortable, just stop reading.

• what are we , 12