Do you disagree with any of the ways you can lose Xper points?

Was reading the site FAQ the other day, and was interested to know how you can lose xper points. Do you think these are all fair enough, or are some of these a little controversial? If so, which ones?

Account is cancelled -20
Relationship Status Removal -5
Occupation Removal -5
Custom Avatar Removal -5
Avatar Reset by Admin -25
No login for 7 days -20
No login for 30 days -50
No login for 90 days -100

Disconnect Facebook Account -50
Disconnect Google+ Account -50
Unfollowed by a GirlsAskGuys member -1

Question Opinion Removal -5
Reply Removal -2
Most Helpful Opinion Removal -7

Question Removal -5
Question Update Removal -5
You delete your own question -6
Question social media shares gets below 10 -10
Disavow Your Question -1
If you chose MHO before disavowing, additional -2

myTake Removal -5
Promoted myTake Removal -50
Featured myTake Removal -150
myTake Opinion Removal -5
Featured myTake Opinion Removal -5
myTake social media shares gets below 10 -10

Most Helpful Guy

• Not just I agree, but I utterly support that. Basically, they just deduct what you have already earned by doing so. It's fair. Otherwise, people will misuse the system and they will face bankruptcy.

I believe when your posts get removed, the penalty should be higher. People will think twice before posting negativity and Xper lv 1 cyber-bullies couldn't post negative things that way.

The only thing I didn't agree with is:
    "Disavow Your Question -1
    If you chose MHO before disavowing, additional -2"

I mean, we can't even disavow questions anymore. Why on earth is it still there? 😑

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a few I think are a bit silly, but the rest make sense. All the removals definitely make sense to lose points, though.

- Relationship Status Removal -5
    - Occupation Removal -5
    - Custom Avatar Removal -5

Those three are the ones where I'm like, "Ehhh, really?" Some people may just not want that information shown for whatever reason. I don't see why points need to be lost then.

Yeah they seemed a little petty too, tbh.

@FakeName123 I care, damn it! XD Speaking of, you're the one not being very social with your default profile image, bud. ;P

I am a mystery, hun. *tipsfedora*

What Guys Said 17

• I really hate the No Login for a certain number of Days. They should give us a "Vacation" mode or something similar like a "Holiday" mode so we can stopped losing and gaining any points while we are away from GAG for longer periods of time. Especially when we make it to LEVELS 8 or 9 as they're are absolutely no additional new features or abilities or privileges granted for those levels!

You'd have to make it to the next level: Guru just to gain the privilege of being able to have 4 open questions at the same time.

That's a good idea, you can put it through the 'contact us' form as a suggestion. I put in suggestions all the time actually.

• No most of the rules is to keep you clicking on the site so they can make money on the ads. The only one that is kinda lame is losing a point because someone unfollows you. I never pay attention or care following or being followed.

Pst, use the adblock extension lol
      Yeah I agree about the unfollowing one too.

You earn Xper by having new followers, so you should lose them when someone unfollows you.

• The relationship status, occupation, and custom avatar removal seem the most stupid.

• No. Most of them make sense and for example when you get a featured myTake you get 150 points, so if it's removed losing the 150 points is valid.

It also adds a little bit of actual punishment.

• I don't disagree with this. But I completely disagree with the way things get promoted and featured. It's not what is intersteyinf for the users it's what the admin finds interesting.

• no... especially for the first couple of things... you gain XP for customizing you profile, if you remove it again... well then the XP is gone too. sounds fair to me.

same for featured stuff and things like that.

• Maybe the number of days without login and subtle pressure to connect to facebook and google plus

• The only ones I disagree are the "social media shares gets below 10" (I'm not sure I understand this one though), because most people would not want to share these types of takes, on this website with family and friends.

All the rest sounds good to keep things healthy.

• It's just business babe they need to own power and money

• Nope I think they're actually quite relaxed.

• I haven't read any of them until now
    It's fine tbh
    I don't care much

• Never understood why the xber points mattered anyways

• Who gives a shit about points?

• WTF!!! I never knew any of this. When since did they deduct xper points.

• I think that people should lose Xper points when they ask the following:

"Is this a good penis size?"

"Do white guys like black girls?"

People should lose all of their points for asking those questions.

I disagree strongly. People should be allowed to ask ANY questions, and should not be punished for asking socially or politically incorrect questions. This site exists for these questions to be asked. If u don't like em don't view em.

• Most of these are just offsetting the xper you got in the first place. So it's like a reversal.

• Yep I do. Avatar reset and unfollow should have to lose points

Yeah but I get unfollowed all the time when guys unfollow me, after being rejected (politely may I add) for asking for nudes or messaging me something creepy.

What Girls Said 5

• The only one that is stupid is when someone unfollows you.

• somewhat... Some are just plain stupid.

• The "no login".
    Imagine if I have to go for 3 month with no internet access, I'll lose 100 xper just for that.

Yeah that's the one I have an issue with tbh ahah. I've probably lost tons of xper for not logging in back when I wasn't so active.

• i guess it's ok

• I only disagree with the "No login" and the "Unfollowed by a GaG member". Other than that, I consider it alright.