Would you say this is true about most people on GaG?

Although there are some cool things about GaG I really like, and even a few cool people, for the most part it seems to be that the majority of folks here are either really inexperienced with life or don't really get out a lot. I hate to put the latter that way but it seems to be the only best way to say it. People here have such odd ideas about how they think the world works or is, that it still seems strange to me. In my real life most people I know don't really think the way a lot of people do here. Sometimes I even ask my friends and co-workers about stuff I see here, and most of them don't know where Gaggers get their ideas. That's not to say that I think my life and the people I know are the whole world, but it is interesting. Even when I was on Experience Project people there were more realistic.
So would you say this is true? I do know that a large portion of Gagers are in their teens and early 20s, but there are also a good number of people my age and older here who seem to think in ways I and others can't really identify with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find that I don't think like most people in my life, whether on GaG or FB or the real world (or my tiny deep south-eastern US slice of it). It used to bother me quite a lot but then I figured my eccentricity was a blessing (or perhaps a curse, but I prefer blessing).

That said, some of the things I read on GaG leave me horrified not so much because of their pig ignorance, but because of their glorification of their pig ignorance. That's just depressing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to agree. The people on this site don't seem very realistic. I don't know where they get their ideas from. It's like sometimes I wonder if they log in from a different planet. It could be because they are teenagers who don't know much about the world or they are delusional. They probably wish their fanasties about the world were true. There is also a big number of delusional users on here.

Dude, that is EXACTLY what I mean. You put that wayyyy better than I did.

What Girls Said 9

• Well the older members might have grown up in "a different time", or were raised by parents with more traditional ideas.

The other theory is that people on here are more honest with the anonymity of the screen to defend them. It may just be that people IRL don't want to admit to truths that could get them cast out of mainstream circles.

• I agree with you wholeheartedly.

• I agree and everyone wants to fight, if you start a debate I am fine with taking part but most people on here don't know when to fucking quit. They get so pissy if someone doesn't agree. It could be about anything. Then there are those sad little assholes who talk about how evil women are all day, like then fuck a dude. It gets so old. People are too petty.

• Sure, there are plenty of users that seem to have an odd view of reality... or they're just not sure because they haven't had the experiences and are here for that reason. They're here to learn.

• There are enough intelligent people here grounded in reality, enough to where I feel encouraged. I seem to know more idiots irl but perhaps I am simply acquainted with too many people...

I think the truly intelligent people on here are actually quite few.

• Well i think it seems like most people on the internet in general are like that

I think so too, but why is that the case exactly? Is it because most people online are actually the ones with no experience in life or something?

No it's because we are most interested in things when we are young and the internet pretty much points fingers at youngsterd

• I've noticed that too but... there could just be really religious types here. I don't see how you wouldn't know the trends if you went to school and work.

Ooh wait name some odd ideas you've seen? I could have misinterpreted your question.

Well, it actually seems to be that most people here are NOT religious and are particularly against the idea of believing in God, so I don't think that's it. But I mean all the stupid stuff about who should pay for dates, 'slut-shaming,' etc. Most guys I know in real life don't make an issue out of paying for dates, and the whole slut shaming thing is more of a argumentative terminology and mindset among "feminist" type people.

I've seen the opposite, but maybe we go to different categories. I agree, though IRL I haven't seen slut shaming from over 18, and dates are dutch or whoever asks pays! The debates on here are strange.

• I haven't read enough comments on gag to say if it's true or not.

• Well why do you think they are on here, trying to figure out how to get a date?

What Guys Said 9

• Well isn't that the whole point of this site? For people who don't get it or are confused to try and look for an answer? I think it's safe to assume that we all came here because we had a question and it needed to be answered in an environment like this.

Of course there are more people here who are less experienced. But there are also people here who have a lot and love to give advice and love this community (love is a strong word) They are a huge part I think of what makes this site work. But it's within the nature of a website like this, that you get lots of people who "don't get it" They know they don't get it that's why there here.

True. Yet most people really only seem to be here just to ridicule or antagonize others.

• I dont know man, there's some pretty inteligent people on here.

• Could you give a few examples of viewpoints that you believe are common here but uncommon in real life?

I mean all the stupid stuff about who should pay for dates, 'slut-shaming,' etc. Most guys I know in real life don't make an issue out of paying for dates, and the whole slut shaming thing is more of a argumentative terminology and mindset among "feminist" type people.

• The female gagers are liars on here like in real life, and the male ones are more honest about their mental conditions.

• Well most people in real life you would surround yourself with who think the same way you do or similar to the way you do.

• Life isn't a cookie cutter. People approach things in all sorts of ways for all sorts of reasons.

• I mostly agree but isn't that the point of this place? You don't know, so you ask.

• Im weird, thats why😁

• I'd agree. I think a lot of the users here live in a soft, PC, fantasy world and are in for a rude awakening once they leave their parent's house