Why are there so many trolls on this website?

I sometimes give joke answers. I often do. But usually I try to help people out in some way, shape, or form. The other day i gave sort of a joke answer and the person (anonymous 18-24 girl) responded viciously. Another anonymous 18-24 girl responded viciously to a genuine answer I left on a ridiculous question. And I've seen other nonsense questions asked by anonymous 18-24 girls, so I tend to just avoid answering questions asked by that group of people now (anonymous 18-24 yo girl).

There's another guy, anonymous I think like 30-35 (so he claims) who also asks troll questions.

I don't understand why it's so fun to troll. Doesn't it get really old really fast? Should I not even waste my time with anonymous posters?

27d I mean, some questions asked are good. Other questions look good, but the person asking is obviously just looking to attack whoever answers them.
27d To clarify when I say troll I'm saying people who will say anything to get a reaction out of people not people with hateful views or different opinions. This site shouldn't be a safe space. But trolls just waste everyone's time.

What Girls Said 7

• They want to have their fun in one way or another. Some do it and it's totally fine, entertaining even. Others can be really hurtful, though, unfortunately.

• Bro people don't even have to be Anon to troll XD

My advice is to avoid the really freaking stupid questions asked by anyone since those tend to yield the stupidest replies and the most name calling.

• 27d

@BellePepper Yeah, but if you aren't anon the person can block you. I tend to avoid those questions, but even still there are people who ask questions that seem reasonable enough, but then give flippant, rude, or obnoxious responses when you attempt to help them.

• 27d

@BellePepper I think banning people is a slippery slope though, I appreciate the site encouraging free dialogue. I don't have a problem with them existing, I just don't understand what trolls get out of trolling.

• 27d

Well they piss people off and that's their goal so

• Some people just have no life and nothing better to do than troll 24/7. That's how the internet is.

• I don't really like trolls, especially when I am being honest, but people have their own opinions! :-)

• 27d

@BellisPerennisBella I'm not saying they should be banned I'm just asking why it's so fun for them. Giving a joke answer is one thing. Harassing somebody is something else. And I really don't get why you can't block them- isn't this site just encouraging their shitty behavior

• Anonymous people will always be rude on here because they're concealed. You can't win with people on here, try to ignore the snide opinions.

• They just want to get people mad and use it for their own entertainment.

• It's easier to say negative things to some, then to give responses that are well thought out and have substance.

• 27d

That's true. I don't mind joking responses. I often respond jokingly. I just mind the assholes who harass other people.

• 27d

Nor do I, but people on gag seem to take pride in being rude, snarky, or just downright asslickers.

What Guys Said 10

• It's their way of having fun off the expense of others. Internet is the best place to troll or talk tough as you can hide behind the screen.

• Sorry
    .

.
    Not sorry.
    *insert troll face*

• 0|1
  • They don't have a life lol.

• Very true - Never understood appeal of trolling

• There is one pink anon who trolls every question about guys or relationships. Clearly a feminist. You can block anonymous answers to your question.

• Welcome to the Internet dude

• 27d

I know that's part of the internet, and i don't care about it on Youtube but on a site like this it's kind of annoying. I can deal with it, I just don't understand why they do what they do

• 27d

It's annoying everywhere honestly

• Some anons are okay. Trolls are not. Report something you find inappropriate and let the admins make a call.

• Because you can go anon.

And no one can block you.

• it's free

• 27d

Yeah, but I haven't seen as many on, say, Quora which is also free

• 27d

I've seen a lot on quora

• 27d

I'm on Quota. I don't think you can be anonymous on there though.