Wtf is wrong with some people?

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q2104578-who-would-you-rather-save-your-dog-or-a-random-person

Is this like a GaG thing cause I just showed this to about 30 people and they all thought this was insane

how do you save a dog over a human?

this is is coming from someone who has a dog and LOVES dogs.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love when people keep talking about how shitty society has become and they're the same people who justify that as to the reason to save the dog instead of humans... Nigga, maybe if you cared about other people instead of bitch and moan, the people wouldn't be so shitty. Hey pot, meet kettle

I think buchitabuchys proved my point 👌

my thoughts exactly lol. I mean really, why would i pick a dog over a human being which can help build me a house that'll keep my ass warm at night. People are so off lately...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I don't get it either. And it's always "they could be a horrible person". Yeah and they could also have 3 children at home who will now grow up without a parent. I get that dogs are more than just pets to people. And yes, humans can be shitty. But in that moment, the human would come first. Like if I lost a loved one in that situation and found out that a person could have saved them but saved the dog instead, I would hate them.

What Guys Said 27

• Most people on GAG have had more contact with dogs than with humans, I'm not surprised by their answers.

• 1. I know this dog, I love this dog, this dog makes me and possibly my children and SO happy. I am connected with this dog, this dog is one of my most loyal friends.
    2. This random person could be a criminal, a murder, a rapist. They are so unlikely to ever meet me. This will almost not affect me in any way.
    3. In terms of empathy, I'm down towards the psychopath and aspergers end of the scale. I don't empathize as much as others.

Think about this practically, if not morally. Overpopulation is a problem. This person is definitely emitting CO2 emissions. Really how can having one more person on this Earth benefit us more than a dog?

The person could potentially help more than hurt is the crux

@BoopPeenParty Nope. This is all animals. Selfish decisions determine which species lives the longest. And that is the evolutionary game. Without which life would not exist

That's amazing

• That's ridiculous. How is it that people value the life of a dog over a human. I'd save the human without hesitation.

• "how do you save a dog over a human? "
    Easy. Lots of humans aren't worth saving (*) and we are not in danger of extinction.

(*) Indeed, for some - e. g., those who are evil - it is best if they die; evolution in action. Their death removes their defective genes from our gene pool thus improving our species.

Why are lots of humans not worth saving?

LOL!!! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard since I joined this site in 2014.
      Seriously, this:

"Your logic is so immature"

is both illogical and immature.

Honey, I get paid a shitload of money because of my logic skills. Do you know why? Because, if I fuck up and it's not caught, people will die.

In all seriousness though, I know that you are disturbed by my apparent immorality. And, yes, it is immoral and, in the Hitler example, it's criminal because of depraved indifference. Nonetheless, Nature has no morality, so we have to think in different terms. Saving a puppy over Hitler is simply taking an action which is "The greatest good for the greatest number."

Oh, and by the way, the "stupid videos" are from the PBS series "Nature". There was a series of videos involving Cloud the stallion... At least 3 distinct episodes of Nature were about this wild horse and his herd.
      www.pbs.org/.../

• Why would you save a stranger human than a known dog?
    - Just because you both belong to the same species?
    - You would want something in return for saving their lives that dogs can't give?
    - Or is it because humans are "superior species"

I would save the dog becuase I am selfish, I dont wanna be sad. Thousands of humans die everyday, we don't bat an eye. So dont tryna act like you suddenly started caring.

• I've stated this many times, but the internet is obsessed with animals. Like, they treat animals at a much higher level than humans. Part of the problem is that people today are so socially awkward, their best friends often aren't real people, but the pets they have at home. So when people see a question like this, they view it as a choice between saving their best friend and some random shmuck. And don't even bother trying to argue with them about it either. You'd just be wasting your time

• Dont act like a newbie. People on GaG are known to be irrational beings.

• lmao saw this question... Human no doubt

• A human being. Both are life, both are important. If I could I would save them both. Yet, if I am pushed to make only one choice (if that is the only case possible) I would choose a human being.

Consider it practically, every human being has other human being depending on him, for example : if he is a father or head of the family then maybe whole family is dependent on him. If she is a mother, maybe her kids are dependent on her. If a son..., if a daughter... you get the point.

This will be my sole reason for saving a human being over a pet / animal, even if it's my pet. Yes, I will be terribly hurt, I will be deeply sad for losing a life. And given a chance, I would run to save both lives, but I'll save a human first at any condition.

• I don't know if you would be legally expected to save the person or anything but even if your not that's the right thing to do for one my dog probly has 2-5 years left a person has 40.
    But It would probly depend on the specifics ie was i saving one or actually killing my dog to save the person not just not saving one?
    Did I and would I see the person or where they just a unknown quantity?

Also personal accountability would come into play what action was i legally supposed to take and what would be the risk to me personally legally or physically?
    If they are both seriously injured in a burning building and im just someone escaping from the building then I seriously risk getting sued for the injuries by moving the person and i really don't want that so I might very well save my dog then tell the firefighters there's someone in there to avoid the risk of being sued!

• I don't have a dog so I guess I would choose the random person over the random dog.

However, if the person is someone I can't stand then I may choose the dog.

• People are selfish, I have an 8 year bond with my dog and I love her so much. So obviously if you ask me which one I'd want to choose I'd want to choose my dog over some nameless person who I know nothing about. In the end I would most likely save the person even though it would emotionally kill me because I have such a deep bond with my dog, I consider her part of the family.

• Because I have no connection to a random stranger whatsoever, why should I give a shit?
    I mean, I would let most people die in stead of my cat too.

• Nice strawman. That is not what the question was about.

If asked if I would save a human, or a dog, I would save a human.
    If asked if I would save a random human I've never met, or MY DOG, I would, obviously, save my dog.

• Some people live in basements where they still see the dog (s) , but no humans.

• I don't care about strangers lmao

• That's a good question.

At the push of a button, having to make the choice to save one, would you save your dog whom you know and love, or a complete stranger in an undisclosed location whom you do not know.

You could even add stuff and ask a similar question. Would you will yourself to kill your dog barehanded knowing it would save a random stranger you would never know of?

• I stand by what I said in question - Your dog way more important than a random.

• I think humanity has degenerated to the point where humans aren't worth saving
    Their souls are already lost, what does it matter if they die

• Pets are family.

• its not a dog over a human, its my dog over a random human.

• People are irrationally obsessed with dogs, it's a huge problem in society.

• People are getting dumber and dumber these days, that's why

• remind me where i am absolutely obligated to save either?

• some people HATE people

• Well for me if my dog was already safe and I saw a stranger about to die, there's about a 60% chance I would be like, Meh, I don't know them, so who cares, and walk away. #truth

• Why is a human life worth more than that of a dog?

What Girls Said 18

• This is actually retarded what the hell? I have two dogs and I'd give them up in a heartbeat to save a person.

• Because my dog is a part of my family.
    If I don't know the person, I'd much rather save my beloved dog over them. In my point of view, there's nothing wrong with that. Get over it, damn. Just because you would rather save the person doesn't mean everyone else would. People have different standards of morals, okay? We aren't the same.
    There is this quote that I hold close, and I think this is an appropriate time to share it: "Nobody can tell what is right and what is wrong, what is righteous and what is evil. Even if there is a God, and I had His teachings before me, I would think it through, and decide if that was right or wrong myself."
    It's not wrong to save the dog over the person, just like it's not wrong to save the person over the dog.

Haha you downvoting me doesn't change a damn thing. All it shows it that you're narrow minded and intolerant towards other people's opinions.

I didn't downvote anyone.

Then what I said applies to those who are downvoting everyone.

• Ehhhh, dogs are better than people.

• Because I don't subscribe to the notion that humans are superior to other animals. So yes, I'd save my dog over a stranger. Sorry but fuck humans. I've never met a dog I didn't like. Can't say the same for people.

• Meh, a dog is a family member in my eyes. I don't know that person and they are not my obligation. I'll choose to save the life I know over the life I don't know.

• I know right? Lol I got like 6 downvotes for saying I would rather save a human.

• http://i.imgur.com/kzb2Bto.jpg
    ☝ in a heartbeat.

• It's simply because it's theirs, stupid.
    If the human was theirs, they would save him.

• I have a connection to my dog, he's been with me since I was a kid and was always there for me when I was alone. I'm not saving a stranger to kill that

• I fucking love animals, but I'm sorry I would save a human 1st every time even if it was between choosing my dog or a random person. People have some fucked up priorities.

• People suck. Dogs are angels with fur.

• a lot of People on gag have social problems

• I'd save a random person.

• I'd save my dog because he's part of my family and an innocent animal. It's not insane!

• Sad huh?

• dogs are more loyal than humans. especially my own dog

Why does a random human need to be loyal to you? I just don't get this logic

not loyal but id just have more of a personal connection to it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if a saved some random person over my own dog. I realize that sounds stupid but its similar to putting a dog down in my opinion.

They've been there for you through everything, ups and downs, ready to sacrifice their life for you. Then you just abandon them? no way. I couldn't do it. Do you have dogs?

A dog. Yeah.

• I would save my dogs, because they are family

• Lmao I saw this question today 😂