Have you ever had an admin change the title (or headline) of your myTake without your permission?

Have you ever had an admin change the title (or headline) of your myTake without your permission?Whoa didn't expect the screencap that I took to appear so huge but anyway an admin contacted me as can clearly been seen above lol. I scribbled out his screenname, avatar, and name.. I was delighted to receive the help on my first myTake.

But on my second..
Kind of intrusive right? Well check out his response below..
Wow, just wow.. Aren't myTakes supposed to reflect us users as valued content creators?

Most Helpful Girl

• Fathoms likes to make all sorts of changes without people's permission regardless of if they make sense or are applicable.

Lol, I was waiting for someone to bring up his username.. It's rather ridiculous in my opinion..

It absolutely is. And honestly if you're going to make changes to something they need to b useful. A friend wrote about being in Belgium and he added a picture from the Netherlands. No. Those are two different places.

So I fail to see how making content less correct is improving it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have. Last time it happened it wasn't the title but the description - I had, in a completely non-antagonistic way - mentioned the name of another user on G@G, but they decided that it was somehow antagonistic. Even though I later argued that the rules did not bar anything of the sort - I was sure to follow the rules to the letter and still it was changed simply due to sensibility.

i think your experience is worse than mine.. I had not realized that this site was so constricting until today.

What Girls Said 8

• That's terrible, yes. I dont write my takes, but it's b. s. that they change it without notifing you. Did he change it back to your Original title? If not, then they are hungry for attention. --> if that is it, then that's worth a cry. As you said, it's your my take, so you decide wheter or not you like this title. If it get's less views, then who gives a fuck, you learn from it. You learn nothing from some admin editing your title into something you dont even like.

Still not changed back.. And thank you! Yes it does not help me to learn anything as a user new to writing myTakes.

Lol it's all good. I use auto-correct constantly.. Thanks again and, yes I will continue to create myTakes, even knowing now that here will be a chaperone lol

*there grr I think your grammer is rubbing off on me :P

• Did the admin alter the content or any of your thoughts on the subject?

• Yup, I have.

• Yeah that happens sometimes

• yes they do, in before an admin or butt hurt ass kissing moderator takes this down lol

• Many of us have had our original content changed unfortunately. My title hasn't been changed, but I've had a photo added to one myTake and the layout changed on another.

• They change mine and add pics all the time.

• This is ridiculous tbh

What Guys Said 5

• What an asshole 😑

• All the time - They are looking for "Click Bait" not good takes - The context of my title was change at least 25% of the time on my takes.

• They don't need any permission they are workers of the site and can do what they want, I also have had mine changed and it was to a more click-baity title than what I would have like but I'm not a professional writer so idc.

• They use you, got it?

• Yes i like them helping out.