Is it against the rules to ask the same question multiple times on this site?

Like if a question of mine got no answers or just one, could I reask it?

What Guys Said 6

• The posting guidelines state: If you've already posted a particular Question/myTake, please do not post it again as it will be removed. If you’re wanting more Opinions, please consider featuring the Question (750 Xper points) or share it via social media.

As a moderator, I would interpret this rule to mean that you can't re-post a question if the first post is still open, but you could re-post if you close the first iteration of the question.

• 19d

Hi OlderAndWiser,
      I would just like to clarify, it doesn't matter if the previous question is closed or not. If someone posts the exact same question again, it is still considered a 'duplicate' and can be removed. :)

• 19d

@xHoneyxBeex Thanks for the clarification.

• It is frowned upon, but I think it is fair if it is asked, say, 3 times 8 hours apart. This way, you get opinions from around the globe. If asked only once in a particular time zone, the question will so far down the queue of asked questions in 8 hours, that no one else will answer it.

• Yes because it is considered a duplicate and that's against the rules here.

• it can be removed for duplication but the same questions are asked over and over again... just changed up the wording a bit and you should be fine.

the worst thing that can happen is that it gets removed... who cares.
    if you want many answers, start following people and invite them to your question (can't do then when posting anon)

• Technically it can be removed for duplication so change wording around a bit.

• Yes I got my questions removed that weren't even the same but was told they are. I asked for good scary movies. Than good scary movies on Netflix.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, making duplicate questions is against the site rules. Duplicate posts are removed. You can view our posting guidelines here. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

If you feel like you didn't get enough answers and want more people to see your question, you can always request to feature it for 750 Xper points. In that case, we will feature your question at the top of the homepage, recent questions page, and live feed for 24 hours so it can get a lot more views/traffic and opinions. If you would like to feature a question, just send us a contact message here. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

In the drop down box select "Redeem Xper" and then in the details box, include the URL address of the question you would like to feature. :)

• You cannot ask it the same way over and over again. That breaks the "duplicate" question or post rule. Users do not want to see the site flooded with the same question from the same user over and over. Heck, they even get tired of seeing similar questions being asked repeatedly by different users (think of all the penis size questions).

• I sincerely hope this isn't the question.

• Have you asked this before?

• From their FAQ:
    "Duplicate – If you've already posted a particular Question/myTake, please do not post it again as it will be removed. If you’re wanting more Opinions, please consider featuring the Question (750 Xper points) or share it via social media.
    Also, duplicate accounts are never allowed under any circumstances. We only allow each member ONE GirlsAskGuys account so as to avoid clutter within the site."

• Nah fam ask as much as you want! The worst that can happen is it being reported