Can you make your age private?

Some people know I'm 13 because of my past questions. But I want to hide it or at least make it private.
Long story short, people judge my questions by my age. I know I'm 13 and that's kind of young, but I'm more mature than most!

Most Helpful Guy

• You know what? Don't care about what people think of your age because no one knows who you are. They have no grounds to judge you and this website is about answering questions and helping people so any age can do that. Don't be ashamed of your age, if you're more mature than that then that's great! Don't worry too much about what other people think, screw them.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't do that, unless you cancel your current account and create other.
    But then, you will have to lie about your age, and I guess that's not good.

What Guys Said 9

• Are you that young girl who just joined?
    I know it sucks and you will get shit from some of us here, but, even through your tone, we can tell that you are different and a bit more mature for a 13-year old. Be yourself. You will get more shit if you lie about your age.

And, no, I don't think you can make your age private. Maybe if you ask a question anonymously though. I've never asked a question or replied anonymously, so I am not 100% sure, but it does look like an age range is given for anonymous questions like this one.

• Be proud of yourself, being 13 and having something to say - If someone says she is 13 and should be ignored, I wouldn't be interested in their opinion, they are the ones acting like a 5 year old, be glad you are more mature than them.

• I think it is better to have your age known for it allows you protection from fellow GAG members. I have no doubt you are very mature for your age but you need to be very wary on the Net of predators that will try to exploit you and hurt you

• More mature than most?

What a coincidence, I too am more mature than most!

• This website focuses a lot on age, so I don't think ya can.

• I don't think you can because of the rules regarding interaction between underage and of age users

• Lots of people on here are just weird. Just do your thing and mind your own business.

• "I'm more mature than most"

Listens to one direction >

• Age needs displayed to prevent inappropriate subject material.

What Girls Said 6

• Not unless you go anon all the time. Exact ages weren't always used. When I first joined, just your age range used to be shown.

• Your still 13. Your questions speak for themselves as to how mature you are or not.

• 22d

I'm pretty sure my questions are okay.

• 22d

Yes I'm sure they are fine questions. But from the prerogative of a 13 year old. I have a much younger sister who is very mature because her siblings were so much older so she got to hear political debates and whatever amongst us.
      She was very mature with a lot of things by 14 but she is now 21, I'm 31, and I am still letting her know new things about our lives back then that she didn't know.

I know people tell you to slow down and enjoy being young so I won't. I was like you at 14 and also very mature.

But still from 13-24 there is something completely brand new around every corner and it is so exciting. It is your journey of self discovery. No matter the advice you get that is what is in store for you hopefully assuming you go to college or travel.

So look forward to those next milestones. Best

• You're 13. You can't be all that mature. I don't even think they should let 13 yr olds on this site, it's too inapropriate.

• 22d

didn't say that i was really mature, i just know more things and I'm not "innocent" either.

• 22d

My profile is until you follow me. My messaging isn't.

• 22d

i don't think i can message people on my phone.

• I would hate to tell a 13 yo about my dirty sexual secrets... So I would like to know your age.

• Just message a moderator to change your age to whatever you want it to be.

• 23d

the thing is, i don't want to change my age, i just don't want the public to see it.

• 23d

Then there's no way. What's the point of even having it at 13 if you don't want the public to see it. Just make it 18 no one will care. I'm 17 and I made mine 18. Bam. No one cares.

• 23d

The administrators care and you agree to use your correct age when you join the site.

• I wish.