Do you feel mad when you get blocked?

I was having a very heated debate with someone on this site. We were having an intellectual conversation although I vehemently disagreed with her point of view. At the end, she blocked me after calling me a few names. Why can't people on this site have constructive conversations without resorting to name calling and so much hostility?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they're immature. People block others because they can't defend their position anymore and want to protect their ego feelings they have attached to there opinions. When someone resorts to name calling they've already lost the debate.

What Guys Said 15

• I only get peed if they ask me a question in a response and then block me so I can't respond, especially when I'm about to shit on them with a dope and/or have a long answer. Also, when I don't know who blocked me and I try want to answer a question or take and I can't 🙁. I don't know why gag doesn't just tell people who has blocked them and hide questions and takes by people who block you. I get a lot of recommended takes and questions from people who've blocked me for some reason and it's annoying as shit

• I couldn't care less, I don't get involved enough to get blocked - People just block me because they don't like me, as they say s*** happens.

• I really don't get into arguments on the internet because I think it's pointless. I have been blocked by someone here before and I've never even crossed paths with her.

How did I feel about it?
    az616578.vo.msecnd.net/.../...6693015163_giphy.gif

• No I don't give it a second thought, I do t even notice to tell you the truth. I could have a big fight with somebody I one question and not realize ta them in another. I dont really care, it's the internet and I'm her to get help from normal humans, and answer so. e questions that I can

• Nah, it's amusing how they care so much about someone that cares so little about them xD

• 18d

We were having a fun debate until she flipped the switch and started calling me names. I don't care about the person but I felt a bit disappointed.

• good point, personally not been blocked so I probably don't get into enough decent arguments. Unfortunately life has a lot of my way or no way types, you just have to accept it.

• Nah I wouldn't get angry, people have different views and might not like mine or just might not like me so it's fair enough if they want to block me.

• No, I laugh to myself every time someone does that because they can't handle the Truth... it's quite relaxing really. >:)

• it depends on the person and the reason

• she is childish. was she an older user, I forgot who she was but one user I said in response to a political post that she was lying about something, and the stupid bitch not only said that she blocked me but that she reported me.

• I've been blocked before.
    As my name implies, it comes with the job and is expected.

• because you are stupid, blocked.

• Sadly yes, but I'm coping with that after a while

• Depends on who blocks me

• not really meant for conversation, just to get help

What Girls Said 5

• Nah, typically, I just feel confused.

• 18d

Why on Earth would anyone block you?

• 17d

@Mydnite I went to upvote a couple opinions. You can't if you're blocked, and it'll tell you so. That's how I know.

Also, both of you play nicely, @HulkkSmash.

• 17d

I dont play nice

• No i dont care

• I just shrug it off normally and think " i won"

• Nah idc at all😂
    I've never done something to someone to feel bad about

• Not at all. I am glad because it means I will never have to answer their idiotic questions and they will never have to respond to my opinions which is pretty rad!