Does anyone else hate it when the OP likes every single post?

Its the most annoying thing ever, its like a cheap coy to get you to view the thread again. Its especially cringe worthy when the OP only likes the girl comments.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I agree. It's pretty cheap. I know, it feels like you don't get a place where wisdom such as yours is rewarded. And a lot of people just messing about and thinking that other's time is not important right?

I agree. Oh and the other thing is those people who post as if they know it all, and didn't even read your question!

Agreed EmoKate, you're spot on, I shall like your question as it is worthy and you seem pretty fine.. I mean great!

Thank you, hope you found it helpful. by the way you kinda remind me of an adult star hehe

As in may have thought of you when seeing them, they are very hot!

Hilary Scott

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I like every single post (except it's an asshole posting bs) for 2 reasons:
    - the notifications / new posts system is completely broken on certain UNIX systems. I need to do it to keep track on what is new and what not without having to read everything again.
    - someone spend the time and put effort into replying my question. Giving them XP by upvoting is my way of saying thanks.

I don't see how anyone could be bothered by shit like that. That's even one level above the so called "first world problems". Annoyed by the upvote notification? Turned it off like most people do. And for everyone else I don't see how it would affect you.

• Personally I believe it stems from the mentality that everyone deserves a chance to ‘play’ regardless of their talents. It’s like in minor sports, where the coach is required to give every single player, playing time on the ice, or basketball court, or out on the diamond…et cetera, and when it comes to getting a trophy, everyone receives one despite how little or how much they contributed to the team or the sport overall.

The concept of sound competition has lost it’s meaning for the most part, except of course at the professional level where several millions of dollars are at stake, but in schools and in the general media, there is this developing concept of equality, where no one is any better at something than another and it is okay if you’re not the super athlete, you’ll still get your Letterman jacket or a trophy along with everyone else, because God forbid someone might get their feelings hurt or feel left out.

As harsh as this sounds, it doesn't detach from the concept. Realistically someone is going to be able to ski better than you, play baseball better than you, or have a better opinion than you, or the suggestion or advice, which fits the situation better than another's. There's nothing wrong with competition so long as we're not getting excessively physical, violent, or taking the event to an extreme. Having a healthy dose of competition is one of the ways we push ourselves to do better. If we're all equally standing there on the podium getting a gold medal, then what's the point----right? That's my bottom line.

• interesting view. I tend to like a lot of comments if they are rational. I really like getting different viewpoints including those different from my own... so those often are the best, sometimes I ask followups. So I tend to like a lot of comments. maybe I shouldn't and your post will convince me not to, but I do read them.

• It devalues it and makes me fell less special 😠

• I usually only like the ones i actually like. Also i have removed the notifications for OP liking my comment.

• I do that, because I appreciate that someone took the time to respond to my question and also to let them know I've read their comment and have acknowledged it.

• You can go to settings and disable notifications for OP likes.

• nope it doesn't bother me at all, and whenever a op likes a comment then the op likes every persons comment not just girls, i never saw any op likes only girls comments

• You may have issues if you derive meaning from likes and dislikes. I always up vote everything on my questions as a thank you. I don't see how that is cringe worthy never mind a coy of any sort.

As long as the opinion is intelligent and respectful, I do the same. If someon takes the time to respond to my question, it. Is the least I can do!

• Check your settings you can stop notifications for getting likes from OP.

• What if the person just finds every comment helpful or funny or whatever. I mean liking all the girls only is kinda weird unless it's a girl. specific question. I don't know never thought about it much..

• test test test
    do not like this girl posts/takes/comments
    she doesn't like that
    thanks
    have a good day

• I only like girls comments cause most dudes who post on my shit are there to knock me down. Ill like a dudes post if its actually relevant or funny.

• I didn't even know that was a thing lol

• nah i dont hate it

• I only like it when op only like my comment, it makes me feel like a special butterfly😀 🐛

• Hi sexy lady

• what with yor hair?

• I like every comment that tries to help because I think the poster deserves a positive signal.
    I am somewhat annoyed when I do my best and write a 10 lines or longer answer to help and nobody notices it.

But I find it very sexist when only one gender is liked.

What Girls Said 13

• The way I see it is that the OP just appreciates people giving an opinion, whether they agree with it or not.

• I like everyone's opinion that posts on my question. I don't do it to get extra views either. I don't upvote only those opinions I agree with either. If it is that bothersome, though, you can always stop receiving notifications for when the asker likes your post. That way, you won't receive a notification or feel like someone is trying to ploy you into viewing things again.

• Nah, I like it. I don't really ask questions here myself but I would like people's posts if I did. To me, it's not a way of getting someone to view the thread again but more like a show of appreciation that they took the time to answer me :)

• Nah. I do it. Someone took the time to answer my question, I upvote their response. Simple.

• I don't hate it. I sorta do it. If I ask a question like what's your favorite kind of exercise and I get answers like, "yoga" "jogging" etc then yeah I'll give an upvote to all of those answers but if someone says "None" or "I don't exercise" then I definitely won't give them an upvote.

• Lol I do that! I like every single comment.

• U can deactivate the notification for that... then it won't affect u at all...

• Yea :( cause then it's make me feel as if my answer isn't as special anymore ;p
    But you can always turn off notifications for asker likes thats what I did cause it annoyed me greatly.

• Makes no difference to me...

• No I don't hate it

• They get points for that

• ill be sure to down vote you on every opinion from now on.

btw- you can change your settings

• No, I think whoever does that is pretty awesome. (I do that too) ^_^