Is Your GaG Personality an Accurate Representation of How You Are "in Person"?

From who you are to how you are... are you the same on GaG as you are in real life? For example, are you more outspoken online, or more popular? Would IRL people recognize your posts on here? Or would they be surprised?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say I am an exaggeration of myself in real life - I definitely do try and put the best version of myself - Like any thoughtful, witty response would be what I wished I had said in that spur of the moment in real life - I am more outspoken, probably a little less popular in the sense even though I am outspoken, I try to avoid attention, bit of a puzzler that - Real life people would recognise my posts and my intent but probably would be surprised at how clear I am, in real life I am one of those people, my brain is working faster than my mouth, writing is my perfect medium, I am crap at talking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, all my online friends would know this is me. I try to be the same online as I am in person, but I feel more motherly and more caring towards others online knowing how harsh the real world can be. I try to cover up my flaws and faults in reality because people can use them against you. So I guess I let my guard down more.

What Guys Said 30

• Yes and no. People who know me well would not be surprised, others who don't probably would be. I am me and how I am online is definitely part of who I am offline but oddly enough I tend to be more serious and more cerebral online then in real life mostly because most people I know simply don't care about issues that I do either because they are indifferent to it or see no point in caring because they have no means of changing it. My humor doesn't translate well into writing so I tend to not joke around online because it can lead to some awkward misunderstandings. I would say it is for me (and I imagine most people) a facet of who I am rather then it being a mask or persona.

• 1. "From who you are to how you are... are you the same on GaG as you are in real life? "

Yes, I am pretty much the same person. 99% the same person.

2. " For example, are you more outspoken online, or more popular?"

No, I am an introvert even here as well as in real life. However yes here I do tend to express my opinions much more freely and without fear.

3. "Would IRL people recognize your posts on here? Or would they be surprised?"

No, they wouldn't recognize me here.

• I very much doubt it. As I doubt they'd actually care what I feel or think for most part. I actually think I always try to put on a happy face and appear more optimistic and upbeat in real life but what I have here reflects how I really feel and think for most part about pretty much everything.

They would never recognize me unless they actually see me personally log into my account here and start posting opinions.

• Real, of course! Why not?
    Some of my work friends would know me, just reading some posts, and most of the past GFs would know, and many would probably smile, and like how I speak well, of them, and our time, ignoring the 'other' times, that I won't talk about!!

• Highly depends on the situation. On here, I'm mostly playful than serious.
    In real life, that also happens when I'm comfortable around people. I get creative, and stupid funny things come out. It actually happened today xD

Other times, I'm more serious in here, and try to actually give meaningful responses. That rarely happens in real life, because the nature of the convos in here is rarely achieved in reality for me.

• Not really. Partly because I don't typically say what I'm thinking and not nearly as blunt and partly because I don't usually have conversations about 90% of the content that comes across this site. But generally, if I'm in a conversation, most of the shit I say on here is what's going on in my head... Kinda like when a chick asks you how she looks and you wanna say she has great tits, but you don't wanna get slapped in the face so you compliment her hair 😂😂😂

• Absolutely including my profile pic 😊

• I don't have a "GaG Personality" I just act the way I act, in real life, I see no reason to be something I'm not even online.

• I am less outspoken in real life.

• Sounds about right , just throw in a bit more hyperactivity.

• I'm very shy with talking to ladies and I'm laid back, quiet, blush easy
    been told in real life i make a great husband for nice lady. I don't
    mind cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, doing dishes, I'm not big
    into sexual stuff in a relationship i have mental health disabilities
    i like all race of ladies make no difference to me, religion of all kinds
    is fine with me as long as a lady can accept i believe in Jesus.

• Im laid back, but when i speak im very straight to the point, i dont give a fuck about many things and i am IRL more outspoken than on here.

Its pretty accurate, exept for the outspoken part.

• I'm much more snarky in person once I get to know you. Otherwise I've learned to control it until I know someone can take it.

• Im more outspoken here. Guess you kinda lose the inhibition of social rejection.

• No. I'm far less congenial in person. You guys are seeing my nice, considerate side.

• My GaG personality IS my real personality!

#Unfiltered

• I'm less mean in real life than I am on G@G :p

• Not at all ha ha

• Kinda... ish... I am pretty much a person that says whatever is on my mind in person. But I am kind of shy as well so it is easier to express online. Eh, mostly anyways.

• Nooope

I'm shy, quiet and not flirty at all irl.

• I just never talk to people.

• I'm nice here and I'm nice in real life🙂.

• I'm much the same on here as in reality

• I'm just as weird on here as I am in real life. :-)

• I am a bit more hats here when it comes to giving advice
    But yeah I am the same person

• I don't have many friends, so probably not. But I speak the same everywhere.

• Spot on.

• Somewhat yes

• no pretty different.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• I'm more depressed on GAG than IRL I'm a joyful person, usually smiling and very extroverted! And also shy.
    Here I take forever to reply to my messages/ notifications as I have a lot and can't manage it, but irl I don't ignore people!

• It's often difficult to define "tone" in any sort of text. Here on GaG, I may sound cocky, bitchy and rude, but in real life I'm actually the opposite. I wouldn't say it's EXACTLY like my personality (in real life) but it's a small aspect of it.

• Yep. I would be recognized easily, so my username and pic were chosen to disguise me better.

• Yup. I'm exactly how I portray myself in real life. on GAG. Does that make sense? @BeerFarts will tell ya. 😅

• 20d

Yep, she's exactly how she portrays herself in real life. I can confirm because we met! She's a cutie too!

• Yup, exactly the same. Only difference is y'all can't hear my voice or see my facial expressions.

• I'm a different person here. I'm less shy and nicer. I tend to speak more and I talk about my personal experiences.
    So, people who know me in real life wouldn't recognize my posts.

• If I'm around people I'm comfortable with I would say yeah I'm pretty much the same as I am on here but when I'm around strangers I'm usually really quiet and since everyone on here is strangers to me then no I wouldn't even be saying this if I was around if bunch of strangers lol

• Yep, I'm the same online as I am in real life.

• Yes, I am more outspoken online, but in real life not so much, unless we are close, or we are friends.
    I am as bubbly in real life, as I am on here. 😊

• Not really. I'm much more giggly in person. I'm slightly more outspoken and no one irl would recognize my posts here, except for a select few.

• I'm a little more outspoken on here than IRL.

• Eh kind of.
    Quiet at first but once I get comfortable with someone, I am just like how I am online.

• I'd say yes.

• I'm pretty much the same on here and in real life.

• Yes but Im much more polite and less angry here than I am offline.

• Yes and no. I feel like I can express my opinion more on here for sure. Especially when it comes to anything political or sexual.

• For the most part yes. Except I'm nicer in real life haha.

• Sort of

• Yeah pretty much.

• no. I just spew out whatever i want because I know GAGers are incapable of carrying out logical conversations in this place of complete anti-intellectualism.

• My friends and family would except I talk mad shit to the shitty people on here which isn't something people see in real life because I don't encounter racists or islamophobes who are bold enough to state their opinions out loud.

• I am a better person in real life.