Why can't girls on here take criticisms?

So a girl asked for opinions. She looked quite fat and i told her, i absolutely didn't mean it as an offense, there's nothing wrong being fat and i told her that as a constructive criticisms. Yet me and some other guys got a bunch of downvotes for expressing our opinion. Do you girls would have preferred that i lied, telling her she looked stunning? Smh

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, she posted her picture to receive opinions from us all, and obviously didn't agree with the outcome. You didn't do anything wrong.

However, I also provided my opinion telling her the angle wasn't great/flattering, but I didn't see a problem with the image... I also got downvoted? Why? Because people probably thought I was sucking up, which I don't do at all. Just can't win on this site :)

What Girls Said 15

• The HDIL topic on this site is basically a place to get compliments because they are attention seekers. There are some genuine question, I'm not denying, but 90% of them are just attempts to seek validation.

• No. Don't let women manipulate you into lying. Always be honest, regardless. That's why men lie - they lie because women teach them to. Men would rather have their arms chewed off by a crocodile than see a woman cry & go into an emotional ape s##t mode.

I was being sarcastic. I dont care if a girl get offended, i say what i think, obviously in the most polite way possible

• If I ever asked a question like that, I'd prefer honest opinions. A lot of people on here, though, ask questions like that or probably a lot more about dealing with the opposite sex where they're not looking for actual advice, but just support for what they already firmly believe to be (or wish and believe that if everyone tells them that, it'll become) the right answer.

• You were rude. There's a way to be honest and constructively criticize without being totally offensive. You failed to do that.

No one likes to be degraded or called an insulting term when it comes to self-image, not just girls. You guys probably got those downvotes because your lack of tact and sensitivity was rude.

I dont think so. Many guys before me said that she looked overweight. All of them got downvoted, so i just asked if i was going to be downvoted for telling my opinion. Next thing you know I've reached 7 downvotes

When I've answered questions like that, I'll say something like, "You could use some core work. Having a strong core is important." or "Your figure would be more flattering if you were more toned ____" *insert spot on body or "You can enhance your shape by doing _____."

I don't ever just say "You're fat" because that's not helpful and it's derogatory in a sense.

Thanks

• I take criticism very well I first think about what a person said then I think about it and take it as constructive criticism... I'm always trying to better myself.

• Nope I appreciate honestly. I wouldn't have downvoted that if she actually was overweight

• First of all that's the highest level of immaturity from a girl
    Since I joined I only asked 2 questions about my looks and appreciated every single opinion except of creepy ones. So those girls are just immature. Don't mind them

• I think it's stupid to ask a question and expect only positive opinions.. we all are different.. if she doesn't want any negative opinion then she could've just not posted a question.. because there isn't a filter for ''positive'' opinions..

• Some people will expect that on here, and it does happen often where users might be a bit nicer than what they're actually thinking. I guess if you do have constructive criticism, they expect it to be worded better than "You look quite fat."

• Maybe it was the way you said it.

But yeah, some people are just bad at receiving criticism, not only girls.

Or perhaps she just hoped that people would say something nice to make he feel better.

I don't know, there are so many ways you can see it.
    Depending on so many things.

• Can I have a link to this question?

Alright. Got you point

Your*

• You were probably rude.

• Sure, because guys can take criticism. I told a guy once that's he's average and he should work out and his reply was that he fucks women all the time and he doesn't need my hurtful opinion and that I will die alone because I am a bitch etc.
    It's not a gender thing. It's just that some people think that if they post a picture of them you are obligated to give positive replies and lie to them in order to make them feel better.

• Don't worry about it, you could have said she was gorgeous and someone would have told you to quit perving.

People who love to take offence will look for anything.

People have different definitions of "fat" so maybe that's why some found it little harsh?

There's nothing wrong with being honest, a lot more would get solved if people did it more often

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 14

• They obviously came here looking for compliments instead of criticisms. It's so stupid to ask a question like that and only expect to receive compliments. Like if someone is that sensitive, they shouldn't ask a question like that. I personally have always stayed away from those questions because I'm too nice and I don't like to hurt people's feelings.

• I think what happens more often than not is they probably expect something else and when they get 5 or 10 opinions that aren't great, they can get hurt. I don't think they are lashing at you per se as just the whole thing. I am kinda on the fence on this, if I say anything negative, I try to give it the softest landing possible.

I am the same way. I dont want to hurt other people, but i can't lie just because you might get upset over my opinion

• Depends on what type of criticisms is it. I mean is it constructive criticism or is it destructive criticism.

Constructive criticism is always better because in that along with criticism the mistakes of that person is also pointed out and also how the mistakes can be corrected but destructive criticism will always destroy the confidence of the other person, can make them insecure about themselves and that never does any good.

I think most people, most women can take constructive criticisms very well but you can't really expect anyone to take destructive criticism well.

• Lmao most chicks here and sexually frustrated and can't get D and all those are their ventings lmaoo

• Smh, same with me man.
    i told a girl here that you have a fat belly and she started hating me and using offensive words against me but still i said that i didn't mean to demotivate you, i was just telling the truth, and if you want a less fat belly then i can help you, but she kept hating me, lol

• Yeah that girl you speak of, I don't get the mindset. You'll get honest opinions here, you shouldn't feel offended if you agreed to show yourself on here

• Because you were right lmaooo

• Jesus fuck, is that the one with the beachu9

• Well it's the internet... And there is an option to downvote you.. so that's why you got downvoted LOL

• @Aweir, give Women the "super honest" answer...

"I'm going to tell you what you want to hear because any other answer will just piss you off"

• Because these particular girls are insecure.

• No matter what you do
    People will criticize you
    So chill
    Just don't be rude but be honest

• bc they are too weak too emotional and too needy

• Come on, girls are a mass of conflicting impulses. They want to be told they are beautiful, they want to believe it, and that means the guy might have to lie convincingly.

I'll let her girlfriends shower her with false compliments. I speak my mind, if she can't take criticisms, her problem