What is it about anonymous posts that bothers you so much?

I've seen various people complain about anonymous posts. If you're one of them, what exactly is it about anonymous posts that bothers you so much?

What Guys Said 14

• It has got out of hand - It is guilty by association - People think trolls are doing their thing anon but if you ask me, most of do it under their name - A narrative has taken of that all anons are trolls which is not true by any means

• I can understand somewhat people going Anon to ask a really sensitive question. Like "Will my hemorrhoids bleed if I have anal with my boyfriend?" But then you get all these Anon questions that are like: "What's your favorite kind of ice cream?" Now that I just don't get. Why would you go Anon to ask about ice cream? So I just think it's way overused.

• Because it is seen as cowardly trolling, to have such strong opinions, but afraid to have a traceable username attached.

• Its only annoying if the anonymous person is trash talking a group of people. Otherwise, I don't care.

• Nothing, they use anon status to test their most extreme beliefs to see what the consensus is, this is a common use for anonymous status. Or they use it to discuss sensitive stuff.

• They don't I answer anonymous questions as much as I do other question. If I like the question or can give a response I will.

• Trolls for one. On this site you can't block when they are anonymous. They way I see it if they are that easily shamed or embarrassed then they shouldn't even be on the internet. China has legit reasons for why they made it illegal to make anonymous accounts anywhere on the net.

• because they are cowards!! hiding behind an anonymous post. GAG should restrict the number of anonymous posts, it also lends itself to trolling, also gag user should be required to have a few pictures t oavoid trolling accounts

• it makes people look weak. and they come and insult you and then laugh, since they're pussies/cowards. it should be gotten rid of.

• Well it's an issue when you see an anon post and the person seems like you can relate, and want to know better, you can't because there anon. Probably missing out on some wonderful people, and they won't ever come forward and message you either 😒

• I hate you so much anon, your profile image pisses me off 😡

• You are too

• For me, it bothers me when someone talks trash or nonsense, and doesn't have the guts to show face. I guess I'm cowardly, huh?

• Anonymous people are not the problem, trolls are, but in order to be a troll, nobody needs to be anonymous. Most of the anonymous people are just too shy, while most of the trolls are actually not anonymous, and they often have very offensive user names.

What Girls Said 11

• The only time I have issues with anon posts is when:

A) They are fishing for fap material by pretending to be an anon of the opposite gender.
    And B) When they want to criticize my shit and wanna be taken seriously. I'm sorry, but your opinion loses merit if you have to hide.

• I have been on Gag for over 2 years and I, myself, when I Feel like Venting or just Saying Something on a Sore Subject, Go... Incognito.
    I see Nothing wrong with it. It's anyone's Choice. Just like Posting a Pix of some Cartoon or a Sky, it is Still a Human Girl and a Guy.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I don't personally post anon posts, but I think sometimes it's a great idea. You may have a real embarrassing question to ask and may be in need of genuine advice. For that reason, it's a really clever tool.

For trolling and stuff though, what's the point.

• That they basically are protected from being blocked. And this site does a horrible job with that. It's like they are giving them a free pass as a reward for being cowards.

• Most of the time, they don't bother me. It's only bothersome if someone uses it to berate others constantly.

• It's only annoying when they ask something just for the sake to offend people which they wouldn't ask if there were no "anonymous" option.

• is this the person i was arguing with yesterday? lol

and I don't know i just dont like how people can't stand behind their own opinions. This site is anonymous enough as it is

• I personally dont care

• People usually troll under anonymous.

• rudeness

• I dont mind anon posts what I do mind are the ones who post the same racist, sexist and antagonizing questions.