Why did you start using GAG?

I'm wondering the reasons why some people use this website.

What Guys Said 22

• I made an account May 11, 2015.
    Let's take a look at my life before then:

I had depression hitting me hard. I felt isolated from the world, stressed out from school, felt stuck in a rut of life I hated, which all contributed to self esteem issues. I tried to seek help by going to the school therapy center with a psychologist.

However, all they told me was "You have depression." (Real helpful, huh?) Then they gave me an internet handout on what depression is. The person I saw then tried to contribute my depression to adjusting to college life, despite me telling them repeatedly differently, and they basically brushed off my feelings and pushed me out.
    This just left me feeling more trapped. It isn't particularly easy to share, but I remember having nights alone where I would just cry from the stress and emotions hitting me.

Eventually, I went to the internet to find whatever ways I could to help myself out. (I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone I knew about the subject out of shame, embarrassment, fear, whatever.) Upon looking up questions and help, I eventually stumbled upon GAG with a question that was relevant to what I was looking for. I believe the reason I made an account on here was due to the ads and stuff popping up that annoyed me... although I forget specifically. Anyway, I saw it was a question forum like Yahoo Answers (which I previously frequented). That made me become more intrigued.

Something about feeling like I was helping other people, like when someone said "Thank you!" in return, made me feel better myself. It made me feel like I was making a positive impact and doing something with my life, silly as it sounds. That's probably what kept me going on here. It was a self serving reason that in turn (hopefully) helped others out. Likewise, I was able to more easily share what my problems were on the internet-- that helped me to talk about the problem and sort stuff out.

Nowadays, I just stay because I enjoy answering stuff and learning about other people's thoughts. I still like it when I feel I helped someone out, but I'm in a different mental state now and not all depressed and crap.

• It's a fast simple way to get an opinion, an answer you might need and a good way to reach out to those who have a legitimate concern. I like the different ages without making things weird.

• I just came across this site on Google when I was searching for something else and I thought I'll start using it.

The reason I joined is because I wanted to use my logical nature, thinking to try and post useful opinions and I hope it helps others that's all.

• Don't know about others but I personally use to know girls behavior as all of us have some secrets and fetishes which really difficult to share with friends and family in real life especially for whom who don't have life partner.

• I like supporting other people with positive support, positive ideas
    i like talking with new people of all ages

• I googled a question and it brought me here. I have nothing to do so i stayed.

• One day I decided to look up girl problems because I wanted to know about them from their own perspective, so I typed in "girls asking guys questions."
    It lead me straight to here.

• searched for something on Google, ended up here and the concept of the site seemed interesting so I bookmarked it and lurked for some time... and at one point I registered and participated

• I thought the last forum I was on was very vicious and mean so I looked for a new forum finding GaG.

• I started because I had a question about something. Googled the question and this site came up. I can't believe it's coming up on 5 years for me. I'll be on here and then MIA for a few months. This site IS addicting in my opinion.

• I was experimenting with guys at the time and wanted to know from girls any advice I could get on blow jobs.

• Because Yahoo Answers has gotten lame. I wanted to try something new so I signed up last February.

• I typed in a question in my internet search bar and gag was one of the top results. I hadn't heard of this site before. That was like, less than a month ago I think.

• It's on and off, first time I came on because was a bad break up. Now I'm dealing with psychological stuff and I need to get it off my mind. I know, fun stuff ;-;.

• A friend told me about gag and I started using it.

• I dont know but this site is so addicting

• Don't know how I got here, stayed because I was bored.

• i was bored and wanted to troll, but ended up thinking "screw it" after i signed up

• Not that long ago.

• to prove my stupid ex fiancee that she was a controlling and a pathological liar.

• i thought it was to get helpful answers, but, all i get, is shit

• Girl broke my heart... Shattered it to a million pieces...

What Girls Said 22

• I needed help with my old relationship. Though, without all these people... I wouldn't have known how much better I deserved!! @redeyemindtricks and @Baumber <3 So good to be single!!!

• I needed some questions answered from unbiased sources. However, I also liked the community feel of the site.

• Same reason we all did: advice on the opposite sex.

• I just signed up today!

• I had deleted my previous account but recently decided to join again.
    It was mainly to practice my writing but I have not done that at all. My answers are way too short.

• December31, 2013, I was Looking and Lurking, way before Midnite... For the Perfect Site.
    I was so Into Helping people, Have been most of my Life, that Something told Me to Look, and by January1, 2014... I was Paris13.
    Good luck and Great question, @anonomous. I remember the day I was Level4 xx

• I was obsessed with a subject. Then I decided to post questions about it. And I ended up staying here.
    Now, I use it to share my opinion, ask some questions and see what others think.

• I needed some serious advice on why this guy I like does the things he does, I guess I can never truly know for sure but it helps to get some male perspective on the situation.

• So I could ask questions about what to wear and if I look nice.

• I have no fucking idea, seriously.

• I use this to get some answers I can't necessarily find on the web and to help others who may be struggling with some life difficulties. Sheds light and provides a feeling of someone who understands and such.

• Start of this year was when I joined.
    I liked the idea of giving people advice and interacting with people, and once I discovered it, I really got into writing Takes too, it's an outlet and it's boosted my writing skills in the process.

• I googled a question and someone had asked it word for word on this site. I found G@G when I was like 19 but only started using it this past year.

• like weed
    started using out of curiosity now I am hooked to the feels
    those pink and blue anons moved my inner being so well

• I googled something dumb like about boob vs ass and it brought me here and I'm a sucker for wasting time so I was down 😂

• Had a question about a guy I was seeing. Wanted answers from some guys & I got them.

• I thought the concept was interesting

• A Google question bought me here.
    I stayed to escape my offline life.

• Not because of the name

• I was bored

• I had a family problem and typed in a question on google and this came up, so I thought it would be helpful for when I have certain questions about things that aren't "normal" or mainstream

• I don't even remember. It was a long time ago.