Ever feel like some Takes are written in spite, but they put the *Satire* note in it and it's all fine and dandy?

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe. Some takes are written to spite others. Some takes are simply someone trying to put their opinions and stances into verbal form, and that doesn't sit well with everyone. Which doesn't equate to spite, though.
    Conflict of opinion =/= spite

• I'm sure there are plenty of those out there.

• Not not really. Many takes are written purely to cause offence. I wouldn't worry about it,
    The satire ones are meant to be amusing and most of them are.

I think you've thought too much about this.

• 16d

I don't know, some are thinly veiled cesspools of rage. I was reading this satire one guy had written, and the stuff was just blatantly bashing women. It wasn't even funny, it was just mean.

• 16d

At the end of the day, his own bitterness is his own problem, the people who read it will have turned off their computer, got on with their own lives and completely forgotten out it :)

What Guys Said 3

• Can't squash freedom of speech. However, if it's offensive or antagonistic (i. e., if it violates our guidelines), we have to remove it whether it's satire or not.

• 16d

Oh, I'm not particularly upset, and I'd rather here the nasty, inconsiderate stuff than for people to keep that all bottled up (can't help fix what you don't know is broken). I just think it's funny that they put the *Satire* thing to make themselves seem less offensive. Like, just own it if you believe it, or don't say it at all.

• Yes there is a fine line between satire and rant

• Most of them that say "Satire", yeah. I think you're correct about the overwhelming majority.