If you've uploaded an avatar that isn't a picture of yourself, what is the story behind it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am just a young man.
    I am only one. An unit. - I can only accomplish so much in life as one single man can.
    I am also a ghost. A ghost to society. I am invisible to the people and nobody really cares for me.
    People may think (not, that I care what they think about me), that I am just some random person not worth noticing (not, that I care much about being noticed or not) but in reality, I am up to something big and I am doing whatever I am up to in a discrete manner.

images.girlsaskguys.com/.../thumb-app.jpg?3

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• Privacy. I don't see the point of using a real pic of myself since this isn't a professional business or academic relevant website. It's completely casual, informal and for fun ir killing time and boredom.

Besides, I think that it fits well with the username I had decided to use.

• No just me sometimes I put picture of singer Mike Scott in it.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c22276c454.jpg

• My avatar is the Yellow Claw logo, which at the same time represents the peace sign. The logo is made up of... well xD

3 best things in the world: Yellow Claw, peace, and women :P

• The story behind it is that the TDH letters have become pretty much a my trademark here so it'd be a shame to break the tradition. But I have pictures of myself on my profile anyway.

• I like the Simpsons and thought he was a funny character. Also I'm pretty terse in real life.

• My avatar is a picture of Marcel DuChamp a famous artist from last century. He was really an anti-artist, which means challenged accepted norms in art, rattled cages, pissed off elitists... there was an "open art" exhibit which meant any art would be accepted, Marcel brought in a toilet (urinal) plopped it down and named it "fountain". Presenting it as a "found" piece of artwork. Caused quite a stir and definitely had an impact on the definition of art.

i love a good contrarian.

• it's not a photo but it's a self portrait from one of my college attempts.

I have a tendency to weed students out of foundations classes even if the class itself doesn't. I usually try to knock 1-2 out each major assignment.

Too bad I can't find a cut throat graphic design job like that.

• Oh, it's quite simple really. I'm a Great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame :p
    Also, a bit of a Tolkien fan.

• this is the only site where I have a picture of myself... on others I usually just take something which I think looks good... usually no story behind them

• The story of, I once went to a lot of different places to take a good selfie but I looked ugly in every single of them, so I deleted all of them and choose this animu pic😅😅

• Awesome moment in one piece. I should change it thougj

• FRANKU IS LIFE.

• Dat' is just me.

• This is a picture from the Harry Dresden book Fool Moon's Graphic Novelisation

• I'm a scary lizard person...

• ITS SAMUEL L JACKSON MUTHAFU... JK lol. I love the the movie "Coming to America ", plus I love SLJ. Easily the best scene in the movie.

• No story, its my car

• Semper Gumby, brah.

• it s an old japanese demon
    believed to be" the root of all evil and beyond "
    i like it :p

• I like anime LOL.

• I love my country.

• Just for xper points. You get an xper for custom avatar

What Girls Said 7

• it's a cartoon pic of me~ no story here, lol.

• I don't know how i came across this sketch. some random google images thing i guess. i just thought... wow. she is so beautiful. but also sad. nice combo.

• I did that long time ago because I didn't want to put my face and I didn't like the avatar on the specific site.

I didn't put someone else's face but I put pics like nature/color etc

• Because Sailormoon and KOTH are awesome lol

• SOME men I date have a strange habit of sending me my own pics + any other pics that remind them of me.

My GAG avi pic is one of these.

• It's me 💁🏼

• It is just me
    And I'm thinking about getting rid of my pics