On GAG, which gender do you think is more insulting towards the other?

If you can, explain your choice.

• Male users are more insulting towards female users
  • Female users are more insulting towards male users
  • Both genders are equally insulting towards eachother

Most Helpful Guy

• Male insults are easier to pick up, while female insults are veiled.

Males will tend to stick to prevailing stereotypes derived of evolutionary psychology (unknowingly in most cases) such as calling females gold diggers, prostitutes, hypergamous, shallow, etc. There is truth in the concept, but the delivery is a telegraphed bomb that is easily dismissible.

Females will virtue signal (I've seen plenty of try-hard alphas here do the same, to be fair) by creating a caricature of a typical male GaG user, usually one that is a fat, acne covered loser with an ugly face, small penis, and can never get laid (as if this is his fault). This caricature is bitter and vitriolic, and removes all accountability from the females to address any valid points a guy might make. In essence, you only disagree and experience unhappiness simply because you're not a "real" man.

These female insults can be visible, but often times they are not. They dont answer directly, a nonconfrontational tendency that holds true in real life. Instead, the male in question will be degraded in private, or she will make an indirect attack by referencing this "loser caricature" in another question or answer.

When males insult, at least you see it and you can handle it. When females insult, you have to be keen to notice but its actually much worse than an off-hand comment.

• 18d

Damn, that is a perfect description of what happens here 🖒

What Girls Said 8

• There are SO many men on here that are not only insulting to a few females on the website, but just all females alike. I see some bitter women here and there, but it's rare. I can't tell you how many men I had to fight on here because of them feeling that they were superior to women, or being degrading and derogatory towards women. Every time I go look at the answers there are like 5 or 6 guys that are so bitter and angry and mean regarding women. So, I'm gonna have to say the men are more insulting.

• I think males are more insulting in general, though many of them are just trolling, too.

• Well, I haven't been here long, but a guy was mean yesterday cuz apparently he believes all women want to divorce men and keep the children away. He asked an unrelated question just so he'd get answers, and as soon as a girl would answer, he'd start accusing her and insulting her. He just wanted a chance to yell at girls.

Super lame.

• I think both are pretty bitter but I do see more males bashing on chicks.

• I think both genders insult each other but in general, I will see men insulting women simply because they did not agree or they are bitter

• I think it's obvious that there's a shit ton more bitter dudes here. Gotta hand it to the guys.

• Males > females
    And I'm not saying this bcs I'm a female

• Probably more equal in the comments, but guys lead by far in making wild rant "questions", fake female accounts that bash women, etc.

What Guys Said 11

• From what I seen male users are more insulting towards female users than the other way around. But this is not to say that the female users here are not bitter.

• Guys to girls. I'm not even kidding. The amount of bitter guys on here is insane man.

• Here is the trick!
    Males are outwardly aggressive with their insults.
    Females can be just as insulting but in a very cognitive way.
    Insults generated by females can slip right by but cut to the bone because they can be really good at it, having to deal with other females.

Just my opinion

• I think they can be as good or bad as each other

• Women hating women on gag is biggest.

• In general women pass more judgement onto others, but it's usually directed to other women. Like when a woman asks 'why do people say this, or do that, or think this' by people they are referring to other women. Most men don't really give a shit.

• Males are more insulting to both genders.

• Females generally insult each other more. But I think guys insult females more than females insult males.

• I see more women hating on other women tbh.

• Honestly, it seems like more women are insulting towards men. However, that may just be because this site never remove any female insults. As a man I have had comments removed simply for disagreeing with women. Some things women on this site have said to me, or I have observed that to this day have not been taken down: "Men are autistic/retarded" "there is something wrong with you because you are a man" "you are a rapist (because I don't agree with you)" "You are a wife beater (again because I disagree with you)" "Fuck you" "Fuck off" "Your life is shitty" "you are an asshole" "you shouldn't breed."

If a guy so much as disagrees with a woman his comments are stricken. So while I believe men as a whole are bigger bullies, girls can get away with bullying on GAG. This is also why so many fake accounts are female. They can literally say anything and get away with it!

• Both genders