Why do people care so much when other users deactivate?

Somebody deactivates, and people start asking questions like why did so-and-so deactivate? etc. Like, who gives a shit? Do you honestly give a fuck about people on this site?

What Guys Said 18

• Well (I checked and) no one gave enough fucks to ask a question about why I deactivated my old account.. I'm glad because I can't imagine what hurtful things people would've said about me (I was suicidal then). "Who cares" is not a nice answer to those questions either because it's insensitive and you don't know what that person is going through. Telling people you don't give a fuck is just rude. That response doesn't even answer the question (a pet peeve of mine).

To answer your question, it's because some people do give a fuck about people on this site. Some people made GAG friends on here and they're surprised about why they left because people usually leave without giving a warning.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's them asking the question on a new account. Maybe, after leaving, they want to see what other users thought of them.

I care about the users here on some level, especially the users who I favor more but I wouldn't ask why they left because I don't want to point it out and I'm afraid the haters would talk shit about them like making up rumors and saying things like "I don't care."

• There's no mechanism on Gag to leave a farewell message, nor any way to contact the person if you'd like to stay in touch, or just to ask them why they left.

Since we don't know and weren't prepared for them leaving, some of us get curious about it. We think of the departed as a lost friend

Most people are like you, and don't care about people on here. Which is a shame, I think. We should try to build community, at least to some extent, even if we are all unknown to each other.

• I'm on the same boat as you. Someone deactivating doesn't affect my life one bit. There's more important shit to worry about. This site is nothing but a time-waster.

• It is nice to get a tribute or goodbye question but it can be overdone. I think a lot of people get upset when they leave abruptly or don't leave contact details and want to see was there a reason?

• Because many people make friends on this site. When someone leaves it's unlikely that they will ever be seen again

• Because some people develop bonds with other users on here. It's not really all that complicated.

• This is rich coming from you. Like Donald Trump small loan of a trillion dollars rich.

• yes! some of us have been around here for awhile and we start to get to know each other, its like lousing an old friend when people leave. were a community and it sucks when people leave

• Ikr? I deactivate all the time but not of my own accord. Its the darndest thing my account keeps getting deleted for some odd reason. You know the admins should get that bug fixed.

• Yes.

• Because we create bonds... maybe you should becoming friends with someone here...

• Lol yeah to be honest... It's sort of cringe

• I like to fuck. Thats why i give a fuck. Feel me?

• Questions like that are usually by the person in question wondering whether anyone will miss them.

• Nope.. don't care.

• Well anyone that is actually close to them wouldn't really care cause they'd have other means of communication. If they didn't then they weren't really friends with the person that deactivated...

Believe me there was this chick named "chick180" that used to be here. People could not shut up about her for a month after she left which ironically was why she left.

• I miss hulkksmash

• 18d

The truth is, nobody gives a shit. Are you that short ugly bearded bastard coming back with an another account?

• 18d

I'm not. I just think it's pathetic that you're seeking attention and possibly pity from others hoping that they'll give two fucks about whether you're gone or not.

• 18d

Your words scream angry and hatred. Are you ugly?

• because they liked their answers, and their personality on here. or thought they were attractive

What Girls Said 14

• Why is it so shocking and repulsive to care or give some amount of interest for others on this site? Just becuase it's online does not mean people are incapable of caring for others.

• If I've had a good rapport with someone and suddenly they're gone, I'm curious.
    It's obviously not required but Why so bitter towards those who actually do care?

• Because those users were popular. People are used to see them around and talk to them. Some become online friends.
    So, they start caring about other users.

• Some people do care about other users on this site, believe it or not.

• Wow thought I was the only one who felt like this. maybe it's because I don't even know who's who's much less notice if someone is actually gone. Lmao

• sometimes its them who is posting the question

• Because it's an opportunity to talk shit/ watch other people talk shit about the person who left. A lot of people find that entertaining.

• I don't.
    They have a life of their own.

• No I don't and people care because they have nothing better to care about. It's so dumb.

• i don't even know

• Yeah I have friends on here but it usually doesn't effect me much if it's someone I didn't know well

• Some people have no lives. Hell nah I don't care about anyone on here.

• I do not care!!

• I don't know. I don't care about anyone here deactivating -except one, but they are no longer on this site.