"Everybody on here is fake", how do you know that for a fact?

People say on here all the time "how everybody on here is fake" or "they aren't really who they say they are" but what real proof does anyone have that EVERY single solitary person on here is a fake and basically a liar?

I understand there have been a few on here, however there's saying "one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch". So, why make that assumption?

Also, why doesn't any get that people online aren't the only people pretending to be someone they are not? There are people in the quote "real world" that aren't who they claim to be. There was a guy who pretended to be a Rockefeller but turns out he was just some dude from England or Germany who was accused of murder and just went on the run and changed his identity so no one would find him and he married some chick and they had a kid together and never once did he she know who he really was. Just saying.

So, people need to stop assuming all people online are lying fakes, who aren't even who they claim to be but be totally convinced everyone in their life that they come in contact with is totally legit and you don't even have to question it. That's insane logic people need to stop doing that, until you know for sure don't assume.

What Guys Said 13

• I think that if you post on this site, you assume that the 'name' of the poster, is at least a pseudonym, and not their true name, and that it returns to an email, that is similar.
    In the US we have the right to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, but sometimes, it is easier to say what you think, and believe, with a pseudonym sign-in name. Don't get me wrong, if THEY want to, THEY will find you, even through the 'anonymous' post, or some sign-in name and email.
    It isn't TOTALLY anonymous, as it was in the days of the Founders of the US!! Many of them wrote and published under assumed names, to get their message out, at a time when they might be considered Seditionist, or in some cases Treasonous, to the English King George!!
    I welcome the discussion, the exchange of ideas, and I do not need to know the true name, or residence of the poster, as this is more like the modern form of what the Great Founders debated, in Taverns, and Town Squares!
    Times change, technology changes, but the free flow of ideas and opinions is VITAL to a healthy nation, of any type!!
    I do dislike those that post as 'anonymous' as I assume that they are already using a pseudonym. The reason I hate 'Anonymous' is that I cannot send a personal message, to them, to discuss something that I like, that they said, and I would like to know more about why they think that!!
    Say what you will, but be civil, and respectful! It is OK to disagree, but disagree, agreeably, meaning, don't make it personal, like name-calling, or racial slurs, or attacks on the person posting!! Those things are improper, and just childish!!

• I would say only a small percentage are guys pretending to be women, etc. Sure the ages of girls are very often wrong, but that doesn't make everything they say when answering a question wrong, does it? Where else can you get advice from many different countries with almost no censorship?

• It's because being on the internet makes it a lot easier to be fake. People don't believe something until they have real proof of it. It's just the way people are. I personally am skeptical and don't believe everything everyone says about themselves. I always have a feeling that some people on here lie and I like to call them out on it about why I don't believe it. Even irl, I am skeptical. People irl pretend to be someone they're not all the time.

• My theory is that everyone is telling some untruths here from slight exaggeration to catfishing. Probably the exaggeration accounts for about 80% of users

• I dont know if everyones fake, i dont judge, i myself am not fake, the me on here is exactly the same as in person, i dont see the point in acting like someone else and faking, if they dont like me as myself its not my problem nor fault, plus i dont like lying because its a waste of time and pointless

• Give a man a mask and they will show you their true selves

• I know what you mean. I don't say anything I wouldn't want traced back to me on a public forum. If there is I just don't even say it or PM a person directly. Simple as that for me.

I take a "word of caution" when talking to some on here.

• Didn't know that this was a common thought among the users.

• Well I just seen a guy pose as a girl not too long ago but other than that haven't seen am by fakes because there's too many anon people.

• We don't we're not psychic.

• Yes, I'm really a 76 year old Lesbian who lives in Botswana.

• You something Mooky06 I've wondered the same thing I assure you I'm not fake proof just about every question I ask gets taken down so I think that might show you I'm for real

• Most are

What Girls Said 5

• If people cannot distinguish what is fake and what isn't, with a sprinkle of common sense, then i'm truly at a lost for words.

• Not everyone is fake, though I'm sure there are plenty of fake accounts.

• yeah i think it's true. that's why some people don't even care to be rude to others, coz they're fake or anonymous in the internet

• I'm fake af 😭✌🏻️

• I don't. That's why I do not make such assumptions.