Do you give any hoots about xPer points? I mean do you really?

I mean, I can remember wanting to hurry up and hit Level 7 when I got close so that I would no longer have to see ads. And maybe when I get close to hitting "guru", that'll be fun for about a minute. But other than that...

So, for those of you that DO care... is it the $20 Amazon cards? Because I can work two hours at my part time (non amazing) job and make more than that. When you get those two extra points for answering a featured poll are you like...

Seriously? WHY?

No. Really. Why? I don't get it.

• I give zero hoots about xPer pointsDo you give any hoots about xPer points? I mean do you really?
  • I give a couple of hoots about xPer pointsDo you give any hoots about xPer points? I mean do you really?
  • I give lots and lots of hoots about xPer pointsDo you give any hoots about xPer points? I mean do you really?
  • I have no life and care for nothing BUT xPer points on G@GDo you give any hoots about xPer points? I mean do you really?
2mo Bump for HOOTERS...
2mo Any more Hooters?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't particularly care about the xper points. I mean, if I was super concerned about a jobless way of making money, I could just sign myself up for psychology experiments on campus and get like $10-20 in only an hour or two for filling out surveys and shtuff. I actually have like 13,000+ xper just sitting there that I need to trade in, but I haven't had the motivation for it. 😅

That being said, if I'm ever looking for an excuse why I go on GAG (when talking to someone who doesn't get it), I can just be like "oh I get paid for it." Wasn't able to say that for yahoo answers-- I'd just get weird looks like "oh uhhh that's cool... I guess?"

Basically, I don't go here for the xper, but I won't complain about the "free" money. 😁

LOL pretty much the same for me. I have never attempted to redeem any points (yet).

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not super important. I mean it took me close to a year to get to level 7 so it's not like I made a tonne of effort but when I got the gift card just for chatting shit on a website I was like... alright then, not bad.

What Guys Said 31

• Change your username to GIF Mistress!

I have received about $105 in Amazon gift cards so far, which is less than one-half hour of my hourly rate. I don't do this for the points. Every now and then I give someone advice and the asker messages me a few weeks later to say that they took my advice, it worked, and they are writing to express their appreciation. That's enough motivation for me.

• I never confuse earning magic Internet points with an accomplishment. It is gratifying when the asker at least clicks on thumbs up, because I do put effort into answering questions in a way that's honest, respectful, and helpful. But the asker's gratitude means much more than the point.

That said, I do kinda want the t-shirt.

• I don't pay attention to them. Some day if I have enough xper points, I can fly around the world for free... then ill care...

• I don't give hoots about X-Per points i think people need realize this is just a site to give people support. If i win i do if i lose it doesn't matter to me. I just care about supporting people who need to person to help them and understand. I love helping people and i go to group i support others who are having problems. It makes me feel happy to know someone can get positive feedback.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/31474192.jpg

• I cared about reaching Level 7 because those ads were annoying AF. It felt like it took me forever reach it.

When I finally did reach Level 7, I stopped caring so I was no longer gung ho to share 20 opinions a day to get rid of those stupid ads.

As for Xper points, I don't really care about them. As a matter of fact, I don't really notice them. Yes, redeeming the Amazon card is cool, but it's not something I strive to do when I'm on G@G.

• Yes. I think I may have even taken it too far by writing down an entire excel spreadsheet where I keep track of the exper and everything as I gain it every week. @YourFutureEx can attest to that.

• Like you my only concern when I start my new accounts is getting 20 opinions a day and getting to 5k as fast as possible. GaG is unbearably slow and unusable with ads.

• nah, not really. I mean, the gift cards are a nice extra but it's not like I'd need. them. Also it takes too much time to go after them so I'm just happy whenever I get another one but other than that, I don't really care. Just redeemed my 5th one, so $100. Not gonna complain

• I give a lot of hoots about xPer points, cause xPer = cash cash ;)

• They keep increasing the amount of XP needed for the gift card lol so I don't really give a damn anymore. It just an extra thing for me now.

• for the gift cards

• Couldn't have said if I was 6 or 7 without checking, but I do think the no ads thing is an advantage.

• No, but I cashed in on $40 on Amazon gift cards 👌

• The way GAG allows entitled trolls to trap & pick at you after spending time & effort to help/answer their "questions" has no other compensation than an Amazon gift certificate someday that will bring something to replace that smile on your face... or for someone else. It's better than nothing, since our traffic on GAG nets them big ad money.

• I like free stuff so yes I give a few hoots.

• I give so few hoots I'm personally responsible for one of the restrictions on their use.

LOL yeah they've made a few changes. There was a 17yo guy here a while back that would ask a question, and award MHO in like 5 seconds... multiple times per day until they started restricting the number of questions that you can post by xPer level.

• I give lots and lots of hoots about xPer points, cause with out them I can't become Guru.

• No, not really. If I can help someone, then that would give me the satisfaction - not the points.

• yeah, i need dem gift cards.

• I'm sorry, I love Owls and couldn't pay attention

• I cared the most while I was waiting for adds to go away and then still a little bit while I was waiting to become a guru but now I don't care. In fact, I don't want to become a master. The guru emblem looks better in my opinion.

• Little bit

• Literally never think about them except when I do.

• I really like the idea of being a good advisor to people. I just think it's cool. I'd love to be that kinda guy everybody asks for lofe and love advice y'know? It helps people and it would make me a rather respected guy.
    Just saying...

No problem with that. I think that's why most of us are here in the first place. But I don't care about accumulating points for it.

Of course, but it's kinda like a badge y'know? "GURU", and people start to listen to you...

ummm. No. LOL.

• I definitely not posting this just to get xper.

• I mean, it is cool. But it is not something I actively care about. On a somewhat unrelated note, where do you work if you can make over $20 in only two hours? I'm working minimum wage and only make about $16 every two hours in light of taxes.

• It boosts my ego hehe

Nah I just love helping people. Especially with love ❤️

• I'm going to be 70 by the time I get to Guru.

• More Xperiance points mean the better level I get and when I get to Guru I get to add more question then 3

• Of course I do, what else is the motivation to answer thousands of Qs ere lelz

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 23

• I have come a Long ways on Gag, @CheerGirl38139, and although Helping Others has always been the Thrill of it All... The points I have Accumulated is like a Reward for the Service that I have provided.
    It never used to Matter before I made Master about these "Points," but since these are not "Brownie Points" but Ones I have Earned, I will Accept them graciously.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I don't really know how the xPer point work, and I just started going back on this site recently, but I plan to use them. I'm a student, so any little bit helps xD

• Hah only nerds care about xper points.

• I love the gifs, haha. I care a bit. It's nice to see the points rise and get the gift cards.

• Nah I don't really pay attention.
    Sometimes I'll check if I'm close to the gift card but I'm never monitoring it

• I just like being able to get an amazon card here and there

• I care about exp points for gift cards.

• I did cause I wanted the GAG shirt but now I find they don't even send it to NZ? WTF?
    All hopes and dreams died with that

• I don't care. I've seen people who joined after I did, who have reached Master level, yet I'm still level 9.

• I only care about them when I want enough to get my question featured. Otherwise I don't give a hoot. I love what you did with this poll by the way hahaha

• Haha yes when I was about to hit the GURU status!

that makes sense LOL. I figure I'll hit "guru" someday, but probably never "master". It took 2 years to get to level 9 haha.

Indeed, unless you spend like half of your day here daily lol. It took me 3 years to be a GURU. I was already a GURU before they upgraded the system from 10,000 to 20,000. I didn't login for some times and I was shocked when I login my GURU status changed to xper 9😂

• I was a level 9 on my old account. If I still had it, I'd probably be a guru now.

• that cat's got the moves

• I don't care much about it. I just come here to have fun.

• I give a few hoots

• i dont pay attention

• nope, I just use this site to interact.

• if I'm wasting time here anyway, I like the occasional free shopping at Amazon
    only 4000 more points till my next shopping day!

• Gives no hoots xD

• I check to see how much I have, but I don't get the point of them.

• I don't even notice my points

• The only use I see for xp is getting your question featured because it will probably get you more answers

it's good for getting to level 7 so you don't have to see ads. You can also cash in points for amazon gift cards, although I never have.

It takes too long. I don't get on here everyday but I've been on here for over a year and I'm only on level 4

• I'm closing in on 50.000 points what can I do with them?