Anyone else having problems with GaG on Android?

Lately whenever I've been using GaG on Android in the Chrome browser I get these really shady ads that take over the browser tab, can't be closed and immediately reload when I hit the "previous page button". Sometimes they also take over the screen so I can't even close the tab (I have to shut Chrome down entirely). GaG is the only website I have this problem with so I know it's not malware on my phone.

• Yes
    43% (3)14% (1)29% (4)Vote
  • No
    57% (4)86% (6)71% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Girl

• I use Chrome on a Galaxy 6 with no issues.

Once you get to level 7 xPer points - you won't see ads anymore after you sign on.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of sites seem pretty normal on desktop and have full out bullshit mobile ads like those. I downloaded some 'adblock' browser, it works really well.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• AdAway does wonders. No ads system wide. You need root though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had this a few times. Scrolling up and down the screen makes the shady ads or whatever they are go away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I don't use GAG app. I always use PC version only.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

It's not the app, just the website on a mobile browser.

• 2mo

Ok, I misunderstood the question then. However no avoid using GAG on mobile, I mostly use PC or laptop to access GAG.

• Hi, @JohnDoe3000. I've sent you a Private Message so we can gather information on the issue you reported.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you give 20 opinions in a day - You go ad free for 24 hours

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine does that, an add looks like Facebook opens up and says you win money or virus detected then the phone starts vibrating. It's annoying. But I usually clear history, app cache, then clear reset site settings in the chrome app. It helps some.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Yeah, those are the ads I'm getting. Clearing cache and history from Chrome doesn't help though.