Do you ever hold out on a good question/MyTake because you don't want to deal with idiots?

Sometimes you write up a good question or MyTake but you KNOW it will attract idiots and trolls. You don't feel like dealing with people getting butthurt. There are always people who will pick it to shit rather than just agreeing to disagree.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, very often, I hold out on myTakes because I don't want to deal with people saying rude things to me. It took me courage to allow opinions on my last myTake. I don't mind disagreements but I would rather someone tell me why they disagree with me without sounding rude and inconsiderate.

I don't ask questions because I don't have anything important to ask. I can survive without asking questions on here.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, many times I haven't asked a question because I knew most people would take it the wrong way and wouldn't care to understand.

• Yaaa, too many sensitive people who can't handle opinions.

• If dealing with idiots was a deterrent, I wouldn't bother showing up here at all.

• Aren't you being butthurt by holding out? You can't really proclaim your take or question to be good unless other people offer an opinion on it.

Out of curiosity, what topic were you going to do your thing on?

I'm not butthurt that people don't like what I have to say. I just don't feel like having my notifications flooded with people who just can't get over the fact that someone has a different opinion than them. I'm fine with people disagreeing, just not complete idiots. Good as in, you think it was a good question or topic, not that you are some Picasso of GAG, which isn't hard to do considering most questions on here are just about penis size. I plan on writing a MyTake on why i think people are shallow. But I know people will just turn it into a battle ground for which sex sucks worse, which I also wrote about already.

Like I said, I'm not going to get my feelings hurt, I've been on here for 2+ years. It's not about being thin skinned. People are just incapable of having a real conversation, I don't care what anybody favorite food is. I wrote a whole mytake on how GAG 's purpose cannot be fulfilled for reasons like this.

Well, the obvious trolls are easy enough to ignore, their comments are usually so off topic and irrational that it's not worth replying to. I would say the people who take time to read your content and bring up specific points ARE the ones trying to engage you in conversation.

If you don't want to deal with people then don't deal with them and if your feelings aren't going to get hurt reading the silly comments should have zero effect on you. I'm just pointing you in a direction here because it seems a shame to have something to share and then not share it for such a trivial reason.

• If you think it is good, you should present and just gloss over silly comments.

• Yeah I can set some shit up but I notice most people are internet thugs so the trolls are heavy behind the keys

• I don't care tbh

• why lol

I just said why

i just don't feel like dealing with them

my advice study and you will have so much fun making them look stupid

i love doing it too people its so easy
      cause im right there wrong end of story lol

What Girls Said 4

• Constantly.

• I used to hold out on writing takes that I knew would result in the shit hitting the fan at mach speeds. Not anymore, though. Nowadays, I write more for myself- to organize my thoughts, in a sense. I'm always down to discuss an issue if someone has beef with my stance on it. Surely there are always those 1-2 users who turn to name-calling or throwing insults my way but I usually take that lack of a proper defense on their part as a win for me. :P

• I don't answer a lot of question because they end up "hurting feeling" or having some people backlash over personal opinions.

yeah i hate the backlash, not cause it hurts me, it's just super annoying. like if you missed the point, that's not my fault so just move on.

It doesn't hurt me. I can handle my own. It's just the amounts of spam and invalid opinions that goes with it that I find annoying.

exactly, same here

• Nah, I typically just cannot think of anything good to ask, hah.