Are you more likely to message someone if they have an attractive/interesting profile picture? Or does it make no difference?

0|0
6|8

What Girls Said 6

• If guys here say it doesn't matter then I'm going to laugh so hard I'll probably be dead.

6|3
    0|0
    • 11d

when's your birthday?

• Show All
    • 11d

Nope I know it doesn't look like it but I got a little more self respect then that.

• 11d

@Shawn58 you're right it doesn't

• Absolutely makes a difference. If the initial image is crap, I won't waste my time looking at their profile.

Ex: wearing sunglasses, posing with a bunch of friends (which one are you anyway?), making a stupid face, a profile pic of your kids (I want to see YOU, not your kids), profile pic of your dog (see same reason for kids). Etc...

0|1
    0|0
  • It is nice to put a face to a name honestly. It might make a difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I gauge that out by their comments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I don't message anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't matter to me

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• It makes no difference to me. Who knows, the picture could've been stolen from somewhere and they could be catfish. This isn't a dating site so it would be pretty pointless to message someone based on the fact that they have an attractive/interesting profile picture. It's so shallow to message someone based on their profile pic... I'm more likely to message/interact with someone if they give attractive/interesting opinions or if I click with them or something. I also message if I have something important to say to them or if I have a question they can answer.

1|1
    0|0
  • If she has a nice pic, I'll just put a follow, so I can get a chance of seeing it more often xD

But to actually message, it only happens when I see a good question or comment/discussion with them on some question/take.
    And if they do have a pic, I'll be more inclined not to message them, because I already know they receive hundreds of messages a day, and will just ignore me.

NOTE: I really hate it when people don't allow messages without having a follow on them. It's really stupid that sometimes I just want to make a curious question about something, but I have to follow them.. and when they finally accept, I obviously already forgot what I had to say... anyway...

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, I just message people if I found their comment really interesting or funny whatever, or I wanted to ask them something about an opinion they gave. I'm not really checking the picture yet

1|3
    0|0
  • I never message anyone first. If someone messages me I just reply and try to have a nice conversation with them regardless of how they look. Plus, you never know if the picture a person has in his/her avatar is actually them.

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter to me because I don't message anyone - guy, girl, or even my followers.

Besides, I don't pay attention to other G@Gers usually (aside from the ones I interact with the most).

0|1
    0|0
  • It shouldn't make a difference to me, I don't think

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter

0|1
    0|0
  • obviously

0|0
    0|0