Takes without comments?

What's the point? One sided rant to get it off of their chest and then not being open minded enough to hear anyone else and their thoughts on the matter. I hate reading a rant take only to get to the end and comments aren't allowed.

• You're fine with it
  • You're infuriated after reading

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously you can simply not read it, but i do think if you dont allow comments you shouldn't receive xper for your take.

Agreed! I always make it to the end though before I see that no comments are allowed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh... I probably wouldn't read much if any of it anyway...

It's been my experience that most people here don't read very many takes period.

Maybe the person just needed to vent. Whatever.

People are lazy. Commentors often read the title or a photo caption only, and then try to pick a fight by posting on the take without even actually reading it.

Me personally, I doubt I'd read one that had comments blocked.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't really care if someone doesn't allow comments. If it's something I agree with then I upvote them and if I don't agree with it them I stop reading it all together. I don't usually feel too compelled to comment if I don't agree with the author... If they allow comments then I might share a piece of my mind without being rude. Most people don't even read mytakes. They just read the title and the headings. Are you referring to some of my takes? Some of mine don't allow opinions because I just want to give off a message (or describe myself) and avoid rude people from commenting. If a rude comment doesn't break guidelines then it can't be removed unfortunately. Sometimes I feel like they could make fun of me. My takes that don't allow comments are personal for me and I don't want some people to get on my nerves with their ignorant criticisms. I just want to vent without being judged negatively and be heard at the same time. If GAG was an accepting community that wasn't judgmental then I would allow opinions for all my takes but unfortunately that's not the case. I hope @fathoms77 and all the other admins agree with me that this option of not allowing comments should continue to stay 😀

• My beef with this if it is really well written and I want to congratulate someone.

• Its dumb. Go write in your fucking journal

• Didn't even know that's possible, but I rarely read any myTakes...

but it's stupid in my opinion. I guess you have to check comments first before reading a wall of text

It's not stupid, I'm too sensitive

Definitely starting to do that from now on!

• I am fine with it. More than 95% of times , I give my comments. But when I don't give my comments , I have my reasons.

• Yeah that's silly if you're taking the time to write it, wouldn't you think they'd want a little feedback from another perspective? I know I would

Me too

You want me to un-anonymize? Whattttt... okay fine. Wish granted ⭐🌟⭐🌟

So apparently I can't anymore lol. Sorry! I am... the infamous... Rocket_Queen 😎

• meh its cool. i always like some feedback doe.

• I think it is completely stupid.

• I'm not particularly fond of it.

• Most likely they know what's coming in comment and don't want to hear it.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm typically fine with it. However, there have been a couple of times where I went to comment because I liked something on the Take and I couldn't share anything, hah. Oh well.

• I'm like what ever some are just that a rant that doesn't deserve a comment.