Why there's no dislike button on articles?

Many times I 've read articles I disliked, either because they were poorly written or because I strongly disagreed with them. I can always state my opinion in the comments, but this way the article gains popularity. So, people can take advantage of that and troll to get comments. If there
's a 'like' button, shouldn't there also be a 'dislike' one?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• i agree with you, if we can dislike opinions we should be able to dislike articles as well

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they want to make you angry so you'll comment and bring in site traffic.

1|1
    2|0
    • having good quality articles will bring in site traffic

• I agree. Better articles will bring in better traffic, but that kind of quality takes time and effort and care. Things several hosts don't care about.

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I never noticed that - Good call

1|0
    0|0
  • i never paid attention to those things i just dont post on threads i dont like.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think its because you are supposed to voice your displeasure by posting an opinion

2|0
    2|0
    • You don't always have the energy to post an opinion.
      And you often don't want to, in order to avoid helping a bad article to gain popularity due to traffic

What Girls Said 5

• There are no downvotes on questions either if you haven't paid attention. They're just available for opinions at the moment.

1|0
    1|0
  • I just hate MyTakes.

0|0
    1|0
  • I have no idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why so more people can troll by disliking an entire article like they do with comments? Forget about it and move on.

0|0
    2|0
    • if there's a controversial matter, there will be many likes and also many dislikes. People will want to comment anyway. If it's a very bad article or a very good one, there will be mostly dislikes or mostly likes. If it's one that doesn't interest many people, it's not going to get neither likes nor dislikes

• I agree with you entirely. Some of those MyTakes are pure trash.

1|0
    1|0