Why there's no dislike button on articles?

Many times I 've read articles I disliked, either because they were poorly written or because I strongly disagreed with them. I can always state my opinion in the comments, but this way the article gains popularity. So, people can take advantage of that and troll to get comments. If there
's a 'like' button, shouldn't there also be a 'dislike' one?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• i agree with you, if we can dislike opinions we should be able to dislike articles as well

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they want to make you angry so you'll comment and bring in site traffic.

• having good quality articles will bring in site traffic

• I agree. Better articles will bring in better traffic, but that kind of quality takes time and effort and care. Things several hosts don't care about.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I never noticed that - Good call

• i never paid attention to those things i just dont post on threads i dont like.

• I think its because you are supposed to voice your displeasure by posting an opinion

• You don't always have the energy to post an opinion.
      And you often don't want to, in order to avoid helping a bad article to gain popularity due to traffic

What Girls Said 5

• There are no downvotes on questions either if you haven't paid attention. They're just available for opinions at the moment.

• I just hate MyTakes.

• I have no idea.

• Why so more people can troll by disliking an entire article like they do with comments? Forget about it and move on.

• if there's a controversial matter, there will be many likes and also many dislikes. People will want to comment anyway. If it's a very bad article or a very good one, there will be mostly dislikes or mostly likes. If it's one that doesn't interest many people, it's not going to get neither likes nor dislikes

• I agree with you entirely. Some of those MyTakes are pure trash.