Should this site be filtered somehow for kids that are underage?

I feel like a lot of the questions have adult material and are not made for people 18 and under.

i also dont really care to hear their responses when I have a question about dating or something.

I think it would be cool to have an option under the "who can post" section that says "don't allow 18 or under."

• I agree
  • I don't agree
  • I'm 18 or under
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree.

I have been here for a LONG time, almost 7 years. Over the past 3 years, GaG has made many changes to transform the culture of this site from a passive forum site, to an active social media site.

Why?

To appeal to teenagers. In the modern world, if you are a membership-based social website, teens ARE the future to invest into. The admins and owners of GaG are very smart by doing this.

Thus being said, in business, doing ANYTHING to make the primary target feel alienated or discriminated against, wouldn't just be bad. That would be idiotic as well as business suicide!

That's why GaG has very VERY little restriction, in regards to how under 18 members are able to use this website. They are the target market, and the target market is being catered to.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always thought so. I don't wanna ask a question about how to suck dick or something like that and have some little kid tell me something, it's just wrong or if I asked about what turns a guy on and have some 14 year old telling me what turns him on, it's not nice.
    They should be on this site, of course, but just like we can block guys/girls from answering, we should be able to block under 18s.

They shouldn't be totally blocked from these topics though, because it's gonna happen regardless like we aren't encouraging them, and they may want to know things or even need real advice on contraception and things like that, but I think adults, if they choose, should be able to stop kids answering their sex questions.

Teens opinions and questions about sexual acts, are able to be reported & the admins will remove them.

That's exactly what the admins said. Sexual health and sex education style questions are okay. But asking about advice how to deepthroat is over the line. 😂

@Prof_Don ahh ok. Good to know. That's quite good actually.

What Guys Said 25

• I will not filter anybody from any of my posts - I will take all advice and chose which ones I pay attention to - There will be good and bad answers from all age groups - I remember getting destroyed by a 14 year old in a debate on GaG.

• All you do is create a situation where teenagers make accounts stating they are 18 or over and expose them to being treated as an adult. When some 25 year old starts hitting on your 12 year old daughter because she made an account saying she's 23 because she wants to read content for 18 and old people then what?

• I think there are definitely some topics that this could be useful for. But I think it would never work since teens would just start lying about their age if they were below 18. But yeah I've seen it a couple of time where people have asked how they look and some 15 year old starts talking to them sexually, I can see why that would be pretty disturbing.

• Dumbest idea ever. First of all kids already have access to and are familiar with "adult" material. Sering posts here wouldn't be anything new.

You don't want to hear their responses? Then ignore them. What if some people are actually interested in hearing their responses? Just because you have no use for something doesn't mean it should be banned for everyone else.

And there's nothing stopping people from lying about their age to create accounts, which is what most people do anyways to access sites with mature content.

Here come the negative votes.

You don't need to create an account to access PornHub.

• Who cares? I learned about most of this shit when I was 10. I think a bunch of 14 year olds can handle it. And if you've been on this site for more than 5 minutes, you'd know there's absolutely no difference between most of the "adults" and a 14 year old or a chimp

The 16 year olds annoy the fuck out of me. They always act like they know everything

In fact, I'm 100% sure you'd get better and more sound advice from a 13 year old than 90% of the demographics you're talking about

Teens can be reported for asking questions how to do sexual acts, that is the main restriction they have. Otherwise they all the site features and content everyone else does

• I support this. I think questions should have an age limit and those underage cannot view or answer.
    However how do you police those gaggers when hey sign up and put in fake birthdays?

• No. It helps them learn when their parents don't talk with them about life issues. They can also get advice without risking getting in trouble if they would have asked their parents the same questions.
    Plus, they would just change their birth date when signing up anyways. Almost everyone has figured that out by now.
    If the content concerns you when they are involved, you would be shocked at what some 12 year olds talk about at school.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

@SuperNovaRoyalty I would believe it because I work at schools and have heard many things that my students have talked about. Things that would surely get them in trouble if they discussed it around other teachers. These days, they talk about stuff in late elementary school that I didn't think about until late high school. Some of my students just really trust me, so they asked me for advice on stuff because they knew I am more concerned with helping them than getting them in trouble for inappropriate conversations.

• I agree completely. The only problem is that there's no way to enforce that except to turn it into a paid site, and that would never work.

• You can't touch Tolga's cash cow. The kids make the money. Unless you buy him a Mazerati and a mansion by the beach, you won't be heard.

• so if this site would be 18+ then nudes will be allowed here or what? thats gonna be a really weird experience you know.

Lol no... it's already pretty innapropriate in my opinion. It's making them think about things they shouldn't be thinking. About

who are you to say what people should be thinking about?

• 'Underage' is a report option.

I was never sure what that meant...

@Prof_Don 18 in some states, but 16 in most states. And anyways asking/giving sex advice is not the same as having sex.

@nog642 well yeah, but GaG doesn't want to be liable for anything legally, so censoring sexual technique activity for under 18 users, covers all the bases

• pointless and impossible

its very easy to select the wrong year when it asks you when you were born

i could easily make an account that says im 13 and a 13 year old could easily make an account that says they are 40

Yeah but it would still filter some out...

why would you invest time (and thus money) in programming a feature that only half works?

• NO. NO and NO.

• Hey, kids have unfiltered internet access they know all there is to know. "Adult material" on this site is nothing.

You can just add a little message at the bottom saying you don't want dating advice from people under 18. Although I can imagine 16 and 17 year olds having some useful advice.

• Lol im 17 and i feel like im more mature than majority of +18 here , trust me everyone is different :).

• What would stop people from lying about their age? They do it now, and there is no filter.

Users lie about their age on the Internet ALL the time, can't help that. GaG isn't liable for that so they dont sweat it.

• you're barely "aged" yourself...

• Then I'll make a new account with a fake age. I'm going to decide that for myself.

• that's stupid-kids these days have shitty parents most of the time, can't do anything about that

• Lol they just put 18 for age.

I rembwr i had to do that way back on you tube i was only like 14 or 15 and there was a video i wanted to watch but it wpuldnt let me so i made another account sayng i was 18

• I do. The questions should be filtered. For anyone who is 17 or younger.

• I think that anyone under 16 shouldn't even be allowed here.

• Yeah I've never really understood why this site isn't 18+

• I'm 18 or under

• I don't agree. I have never seen or read anything on this site that I hadn't already seen/read by the time I was 11 years old.

If you're 36-45 then when you were 11 there was no internet. How did you know specific porn terminology? Or do you still not know?

You knew how to find computer porn when you were 11? Damn...

@nog642 Yes, all the kids in my neighborhood did. Even before the WWW existed, it was still easy to get, as long as you knew where to get it.

What Girls Said 6

• They don't want to discriminate just based on age. There also are rules saying that under 18 users cannot post certain sexual content.

• I get concerned when 13-14yo's are reading about explicit sex stuff

• i agree!!!

how bout we make it: not for 19 years or younger eh? still agree now?

@DeltoidFan you're exactly right. I'm sorry for the offense, it wasn't intended.

😂😂 no need to apoligize for it tho. but thanks 🙃

• Damn, guess you won't be hearing from me in the sexual behavior section anymore.

Please and thank you

How old are you? You couldn't possibly change that much between 16 and 18.

I'm 22

• Isn't there a rule stating the anyone under can't post or go on topics of sexual behavior and health?

• YESSSSS