Does anyone know why my mytake doesn't show up after it gets submitted?

I wrote a mytake yesterday and it got approved, but it's still not showing up in the section it got submitted in. It comes up when I go to my mytakes, but when I go to the section it says it's posted under, it's not there 😑

Most Helpful Girl

• Bro you're wrote another MyTake, and you didn't tell your homegirl about it? Whatthemstterwithyou? 😂😂😂 it probs because it wasn't promoted but still on your page. Which Imma check out

Most Helpful Guy

• It is there alright - I don't know if it has been reviewed some takes don't get promoted to the topic feed.

So, I talked to fathoms and he said there are 2 reasons. 1 was content, which isn't likely since it was way more in depth than any of my other mytakes (which are also more in depth than 85% of mytakes written. The second was the software they have which says there needs to be a certain number of pictures for the length written. I had only 4 unrelated gifs/videos unrelated to my take, which filled up the 20k character limit, so I think that's the reason 😑

Lol! Thanks! Although it begs the question as to why the hell takes need pictures in the 1st place or there needs to be a ratio of content/pictures... But I digress. I just told him I was gonna copy and paste it and add 50 pictures 😂😂😂

Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 6

• The 'myTakes' tab only shows Promoted myTakes. If yours was only approved but not promoted, then it will not show in that myTakes feed. It should still be visible on your profile though so your followers or anyone who visits your page can see it. To learn more about myTakes, you can check out our FAQ page here. :) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#174

So how could 1 possibly make it get promoted? I mean it was a simple story about me, but I've seen others have stories about themselves that got promoted. I'm not complaining, I was just curious since my other mytakes got promoted and featured (they were also a shit ton more informative and way shorter) in less than an hour

Our Content Manager reviews all posted myTakes and decides what to promote or feature. If you have more specific questions, you can contact him directly by sending him a message. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/fathoms77

I figured. I kinda bothered him yesterday and last night about it and don't really want to feel like I was harassing him about this

• Interesting. Try to contact an admin about it.

Yeah. I thought I annoyed fathoms enough yesterday. I kinda feel bad contacting him again. I guess I will

You can try messaging another admin if you don't want to annoy him. Try messaging Honeybee or something.

Last time I asked her something, she told me to tell fathoms 😂. But she also answered. Thanks 👍

• Probably because it sucked bro.

Don't be mad. 😘

Probably 😑. But I used up all 20000 characters (19996 to ne exact) 😱. I didn't write all that shit for nothing... Actually, I kinda did but that's besides the point 😂

Errmmmm... you did that yesterday while college football was on?

Wtf is wrong with you?

I started it 2 Friday nights ago. Then put it off for like a week and finished it this past Friday night. Trust me. I barely get up to go to the bathroom on Saturdays and Sunday's 😂

• Aliens. they totally did it.

• Oh shit you're getting upset

• You're a guru on this site and you didn't figure that out?

What Guys Said 5

• Well I just read through it and it killed me inside. All of that writing and it doesn't get promoted but it got approved? Ouch. Apparently GAG doesn't like too much details. I personally thought it was going to be about the series of unfortunate events that has happened throughout your life but it was about a girl :(. But anyway, my suggestion is try rewriting and make it more brief. You could try writing the title as something like "why i never asked my crush out" and not include disclaimer about grammar. Include a background story and some reasons. People can still get insight from brief myTakes. Try to write it as a college essay (good grammar) and include pictures in the middle of the texts like a picture of guys being around a girl for example and a picture of GAG because the story brought you here and any picture that is relevant to the story.

I'm actually surprised you (or anyone) would sit through all that 😂. I just wanted it promoted more so I didn't feel like I wasted all that time writing (it took about a day's work, collectively, but still). Nah. I actually had a significantly funnier title, but fathoms made me change it 😑. And I'm definitely not gonna shorten it cause people here (including me) have general short attention spans 😂. And did you just copy and paste all of the points from their mytake about how to write a good mytake? BRUH!!!

What you know, i'm one of your biggest fans here lol. I know, it should've got promoted anyway. There are some things here that shouldn't have got promoted but got promoted 😡. I didn't copy and paste. Maybe I did read the mytake about how to write a good myTake at some point before but this could be my summary of it. I wrote it in my own words.

Lol! I just read how to get a mytake promoted earlier and all of those points were on there so I thought you did. I don't care, either way, I just thought it was really funny 😂

• They edit it, an admin does I think, change the title clean up some grammar that kind of thing, this can take a while if maybe there is a large queue of submitted takes.

• You sure you hit submit?😛

• Maybe you are just terrible at writing my_takes <3