Why is there so many inappropriate messages on this site?

I've had so many inappropriate messages from much older guys on here and its fucking disgraceful and I'm getting so tired of it :(

2mo @fuqthegovt - please delete all this user's accounts

Most Helpful Guy

• Why? There are varying degrees of sick people out there, and the anonymity of the internet lets it run more rampant.

What to do?
    -- First off, if you suspect someone of being a perv or whatnot, don't respond to them. Don't even argue with them. It will just waste your time and it will just make things worse.
    -- Secondly, block them after they send a message. That way they can't look at your posts anymore and they can't message you.
    -- Thirdly, if things really bother you, change your messages and/or profile to private. You can report them for 'private messages' also via the button on their profile if they harass you.

On a side note, make sure you avoid putting up photos that are google reverse searchable. (Don't let them be traced back to an instagram/twitter, for example). To avoid this, some people take photos just for here and use them exclusively on GAG.

The awful aspects of the web are not justifiable in the least, but it's simply how the internet is like at times. There are people that unfortunately go on here to try and find jack of material rather than answer questions reasonable :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe every woman on this site is getting those messages by some desperate creeps by now, so you're definitely not alone.
    Just set your profile private, that's the best measure for prevention. Also report & block the guys that harass you on here. That's unfortunately all you can do against it really..

What Guys Said 44

• These deranged people flock to any place where females can easily be found. All there's to do is to block 'em.

• I saw your other picture, and it was pretty sexaayyy, jailbait material for sure lol
    But seriously, don't post "provocative" stuff if you don't want that sort of attention, specially since there are basement dwellers and just weird dudes all over. Not saying you got deserved any perverted messages, or offensive because that's fucked up. Now you know the kind of folks you're dealing with here.

Don't know why you're commenting since you're one of them...

Huh? What have I said that was inappropriate? Because I said sexy?

First, you aren't no kid. I have no clue what any dude here told you on the messages, but they aren't pedophiles if they actually said nasty things, just creeps and ephebophiles at most.

Second, I've seem a lot of underage girls here that look very good. It doesn't mean much for any guy to think they're attractive as long as they don't cross any line of disrespect or try something on them.

And third, get off your high horses and get some sense of humor. Jeez...

@AwsomeAmy

That's a harsh accusation, so unless you're going to post a screenshot with a copy paste I'd leave accusations out of it. No guy deserves that BS.

@legs_n_sheets

She'll get creepy messages like that no matter how she is dressed. So to suggest as if she had fault in the matter is silly. "It's not their fault you look so hot" really? That's not how it works.

• because behind the veil of a computer screen many people feel free to act on their basest instincts. the internet is a place where anti-social behavior proliferates. why because people think they are safe and their actions have no consequence

• There is a setting that says only accept messages from people you follow, that should put a stop to it and report any guy for harassment that sends you a sexual message.

• First of all, you're a teen, that's no pedophilia, since you're not a prepubescent kid.

Second: this site is filled with thirsty dudes. Turn your profile private and only allow messages from those you follow so you can avoid the pervs.

I'm underage, I'm 15, that's paedophilia

@dangerDoge I love maths and I can't wait to be able to study it, I'm so passionate about it

@dangerDoge my sister studied psychology, and got her master's too. Some of the things she told me about the brain were quite interesting.

• Because they're sick fucks. It's as simple as that. Make your profile private and only accept messages from people you follow.

• I guess that's what happens when you mix ages so much as this site does... personally I think they should have an automatic difference for underage-like highlight their name perhaps so you know you're talking to a minor/child... I'm a lot nicer to children/minors lol.
    Likewise perhaps ONLY followers could PM a minor/child seems like it would slow this waaaay down. Personally I don't think I've PMed anyone first and no minors have PMed me.

• It's because the internet gives everyone so much anonymity that they feel they can say whatever they want, which means that when old creepy people see an attractive young girl that they could never get in real life they then feel the need to start talking shit to make themselves feel good

• I'd call some of these people out so they can be shamed. Some guys are sick fucks on this site and prey on women. I seen a like 32 year old guy that wanted to sext a 16 year old, like what the fuck? I am guessing most of these guys are just sad basement dwellers.

• You have? I'm sorry 😔
    Some people are just messed up in the head

• Personally, I think the site needs to implement an age barrier, both to protect young people like yourself from abuse, and so adults can avoid having to read too much teenage angst.

I think that's really fair tbh, I wish I waited until I was older to join this site because nobody takes you seriously

@Intraluminal yeah that's true, so it's not all bad haha

Another way to look at it is, it never gets better.

• Because while there are a bunch of decent older guys here, there are also way too many creepy old men here, and obviously they have no morals.

• Don't look at me!

• i have never messaged anyone here just ocassionally answering questions, but i suppose girls do get a lot weird messages from creeps..
    i dont think its thsi site i think whole net is like this, just as others suggested make profile private and thats about all you can do.

• Because they lack respect for women and girls

True, it's getting disturbing...

Yeah, just know that on this website there are some really great people and some really terrible ones

• Because it's the internet and you can get away with saying a lot of garbage. Accept that it will happen and don't feed the trolls and things will be better.

• Sadly, because you're a girl

• they must be desperate messaging a 4... at most a 4.5

• Sorry to hear that. This website is getting famous, and there's a lot of bad guys roaming the internet. Know how to retaliate, and have a sharp tongue too. :P Oh and you can always report for disrespect/offense/innapropriate language and so on.

Oh trust me, I do. But this one guy, literally just there, blocked me when I asked why he called a 15 year old "baby," so it's annoying, I always get blocked when I bite back haha

Thanks, it's just so frustrating

Lol np. No doubt you'll get used to it. Eventually.

• there are creeps, idiots, assholes, etc anywhere.

it's not just about your age... these kind of messages are alway inappropriate and disgraceful if she doesn't gave any signals that she is interested in this stuff (and no, having a beautiful picture or answering a sexual question is not a sign lol)

Well thank you for not insulating that it is coz quite a few guys have and its disgusting

• People are fucked up thats why

• So basically you click "Settings" and then check the following two boxes

Set profile private.
    Allow messages only from people I follow.

Then you click the "Save" button. If you didn't do that, then you're inviting people to send you all sorts of shit and it's on you.

I'm inviting older men to say they want to have sex with me?

The other 15 year old "girl" is actually a 40 year old guy. He's around in the other opinions, the stupid fuck put the same username for each account. He uses them to harass young girls

ah ok

• You need to say who they are to admins/mods.
    IPS can be collected.

• block the buggers

Then they just create another account. Not like it's difficult.

god i'm no angel, I have urges like all guys, but there is a time and a place when it is wanted. I have always believed ask once then give up... and the age is important. 15 is not acceptable to perv over by any guy

Yes thank God someone gets it. Tbh even if the girl encouraged it then go ahead coz girls like that know what their doing when they are provoking it. But I didn't in any way at all so that's when it becomes unacceptable

• Parents aren't teaching their boys how to treat women respectfully.

• I would suggest making your profile private, good luck!

Oh wait it already is, what messages are you refering to?

Awesome! I hope you enjoy the site now :-)

Thank you!

• Report them so admins can look into it.

• There are lots of assholes here

• Just ignore them, block them and report them.

• It seems like that's a running theme here.

• More from Guys
    14

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• Hi! We're sorry you have had negative experiences of that nature. There are multiple things you can do regarding this issue. Members have several tools they can use to control their GirlsAskGuys experience and who they interact with.

1) Set your profile to private.
    2) Change your settings to allow private messages only from users you are following.
    3) Block any members you feel are bothering you to prevent any future contact.
    4) If someone is sending you inappropriate messages, you can go to their profile and report them for the reason "private messages" so the admins will be notified and can take action, if necessary.

More information about how to manage your privacy settings and can be found in our FAQ here.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#117
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#189

@xHoneyxBeex you're always on the ball!

Aww okay I understand. Thank you for the advice!

No problem! :)

• Block the users and/or report them. I'd recommend doing both. Chances are, those users are harassing others as well.

• Make your profile private - a piece of advice I will always give to underage girls on this site.

I'm sure it is, it's so frustrating

Always is 😂 I get too feisty sometimes before I do though, if I don't say something to them then who will?

Fair point.

• Like, you should change your profile settings so they don't contact you. It sucks that they're rude and they shouldn't do it, but they're going to anyway.

And like, one of the reasons is because you have a photo on your profile. Like, I don't have one, so girls only message me when they have normal questions, but if I put a picture up, I know guys will start sending me stuff.

• Disgusting! Report them!

• Well if your profile is private they shouldn't be able to message you unless you accept their follow request so... just don't accept requests from creepy guys! 😁

• you should set your profile to private

• Because there's a lot of desperate people out there.
    I also get a lot of messages but on the grand scheme of things it's a small percentage of the population here.

• Huh? Can you receive messages from people you aren't following? My profile's private.

So is mine and I still receive other messages, will Have to check me settings

• Just don't follow people you don't know and let only followings message you

• 15 ain't no kid darling.

• Thats how men are, they are perverts desperate for pussy

• I AGREE! Because judging someone evil based upon sexual preference is a good thing.

• I bet heavy money they were Indian or 40+ white men... am I right

Stereotypessss your smart.

@Jeeevan I know it's a really bad stereotype but it's what happens when these men make a name for themselves.
      And I know you were, I just wanted to make it clear that I was not insinuating any racism

Yeah true and good :)