GAG update. Awesome or Epic Fail?

Do you guys like the new GaG update with new private messages now on your notifications? I think it's a bit redundant wbu?

• AwesomeGAG update. Awesome or Epic Fail?
  • Epic FailGAG update. Awesome or Epic Fail?
2mo Look at @xHoneyxBeex opinion to see why they are cool for those who use the Desktop Push notifications

Most Helpful Girl

• Didn't know about it and still don't know about it

So where you get a question notifications? When someone messages you now you'll get a new one saying "akadatank44 has sent you a private message" however you may have already turned off that notification knowing you probably don't like getting this either message notifications haha

I actually have it enabled :p send me a private message ;)

Will do 😉 😜

Most Helpful Guy

• It's annoying, the poll speaks for itself. Why don't you BETA TEST these ideas with pre-determined users so it doesn't irritate the entire community. Those users could be randomly selected and earn xper based on testing, giving well thought out analysis. It could be open only to Guru's or masters people who are proven to give out well informed opinion's and are great at critiquing.
    Robinhood-a stock trading app did that for years so far and it has kept everyone there happy.
    @xHoneyxBeex
    @RedRain
    @Fathoms69
    @Fathoms99

What Girls Said 20

• Private message notifications are under the bell icon now because private messages can now be sent through browser push notifications, like all other notification types. So if you enable that from your settings, you can receive browser push notifications for private messages too. Push notifications are available for Chrome and Firefox users on desktop and mobile (Android mobile devices only for now).

Also, like all other notification types, you can disable them under your settings notification menu.

I know but it'd be better if you could give us an option to sort the opinions out.

@YourFutureEx I will share your feedback with the rest of the admin team. :)

• I don't like it. You are aware that you can disable getting notifications for receiving a pm though, right?

Yeah but you loose both notifications. Would be nice to have not just notify you the old way by your username.

oh! right. I didn't even realize that haha. Yeah hopefully they change it back eventually? 🙏

Hopefully. Honeybees explained the reason for the new notifications is for the push notifications you can get with Google Chrome from gag. So that would be cool if someone uses those. I haven't yet. But she did say in the future it may change back or have a different setting

• I haven't really experienced it too much, but it doesn't bug me. It is a bit redundant, though. However, it was done, so those with push notifications could see they have messages sooner.

• vote fail just becz of the pic

• I really like it apart from the fact my message notifications are mixed in with my regular ones... keep on thinking I'm popular or someone likes my take when I see the high notifications number and then I realise it's only my messages :(

• Epic fail, it told me the identity of an anonymous person when they updated their question. It said [insert name here] has updated their question when it's an anonymous.

• I understand why because the exclamation mark could indicate either a message or a follower and the notification is specifically for a message but I still don't like it.

• It's good for me. Since I know who's messaged me. I don't check it often when I'm on my phone.

Hahahaha well thats good 😜😜 wish they had this for whatsapp xD jk

Grammatical correct? You mean "grammatically" 😉

lol 🐸☕

• I didn't notice that. But I don't really use messaging.

• They need to put messages in the app. Just saying. I already get the GAG desktop notifications... the messaging one is nice, but I rather have messages in the app.

Yeah I heard that was a big complaint. I haven't downloaded the app yet and probably won't until it's fully functionally.

Yeah.. It's good to have to kill time.. but that's about it...

• Fail lol

• I don't dig it man. Why do I need to be notified twice, it's pointless and annoying.

Yeah same here. I guess it woukd be nice if you had the app or push notifications for Google Chrome. So I see why they did it. Now they just need to come up with the setting that you can disable it yet still get notified the old way.

• I don't use it anyway, so whatever.

• I didn t notice that 😮

So if I were to message you Sarah you'd get something in your notification like "akadatank44 has sent you a private message"

Lmfao
      Useless

I thought so too but now not anymore go look at Honeybees comment

• When did this happen?

This afternoon I believe... well depending where you are in the world. So just today it happened haha

Ahhh ok.
      Well if someone uses the push notifications with Google Chrome I ca see why it's useful.

Seems like a useless thing on my PC.

• I don't notice but that poor dumb blonde ;(

• I'm indifferent

• Fail

• I don't know what you mean.

Ok so you know how when someone messages you'd get an alert by your username? Well now you get one there and by your regular notifications. So if I were to message you you'd get a notification saying "akadatank44 has sent you a private message"

Pffttt so you wouldn't even respond if I woukd message you huh?😜

Prolly not. Unless you said something interesting.

• It's a fail

What Guys Said 13

• Awesome. GAG tends to make awesome updates. Did you notice the update where they have a "conversations" bar on questions?

• you can deactivate the notifications for it.

I bet they did it so you know on the app that you got a private message... and that's the only reason why I keep it on.

what I like is the conversations thing... not more looking for all the opinions you commented on

Yup I know Yumi 😜

They did it for those who use the Google Chrome lush notifications on your desktop or Android phone. I don't use it but some must! And I'm sure the app as well. I haven't used the app and probably won't till its exactly like the website.

Yeah I like that too.

• Epic fail! Completely redundant notification.

When I noticed the new notification, I immediately disabled it.

• It's neither good or bad but it is helpful to see who has sent you a private message and who hasn't so I do like that part.

• What... what's it about?

• I don't use App so it is a bit redundant for me but it only takes a nano second to click them off

• completely useless

• I hate the new my conversations thing, they should have a option to remove the conversation from that section.

• i haven't noticed

• pointless

• Big fail

• Epic Fail

• fail. but so are most updates