Why can't we downvote questions?

The Asker can downvote to their hearts content but if we dislike a question we cannot respond in kind. Is this fair?

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Good point. I was in the camp of not bringing back the down vote anyway. Most of the whiners had stopped complaining about not having it anyway.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• It doesn't really bother me to be honest, but I see your point. The same does go for myTakes. I guess you can just ignore the question or comment and say you dislike it for whatever reason, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can *comment* if you dislike it so much. Many people seem to have zero problem with that as it is.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

the same about opinions, people still cried for months about it

• Show All
    • 2mo

true, but your first comment still applies for opinions. people could have just commented but instead they were crying for months to get the downvotes back

• 2mo

@Yumix Because peoples comments serve a different function than questions in the community.

• i'd just ignore it

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really bother me tbh.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Why do people even need to downvote stuff? When you're talking to someone in person do you downvote what he's saying if you don't like it?

When I was a kid, we used a thumb up to show someone was our friend, and we used a thumb down to show the friendship was over... this was in elementary school.
    All these people wanting to downvote stuff remind me of little kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fair? That's a place you go once a year to get cotton candy.

0|1
    0|0
  • People might just skip commenting if they could just like and dislike which would kill a lot of traffic on the site.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Mark Zuckerburg probably owns this site too. That's one of the reasons I quit Facebook, can't dislike or hate anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • why can't we downvote life?

0|0
    0|0