Is it possible to give good advice without experience, or should I just leave GAG?

It has come to my attention that I'm unfit to be giving out advice, so I must know what you all think.

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Just stay to ask questions.
  • I don't care.
  • No one takes the advice anyway...

Most Helpful Guy

• people dont come here to get very specific advice from one specific person, but rather to take in opinions from many people, so they can then draw their own conclusions based on the feedback they were given

so either way you are just an ant in the masses like anyone else

Most Helpful Girl

• Then stay to ask questions or write takes that are fun or whatever. Nobody on here is right about anything, it's all opinions. You're allowed to have an opinion so stay.

What Guys Said 10

• It's up to the asker to decide what advice is best for them. Nobody knows the situation like the asker. No matter what, the people answering are guessing. But it lets the asker read a lot of opinions and apply it to the situation that they know best. The more answers they get, the more likely it is to bring up a point they hadn't thought of.

As the saying goes, two brains are better than one. Ten or twenty brains are even better. Just give your opinion. Everyone is different and you never know when something you say might really hit home with someone.

There is also a big underlying question at this site, that especially applies to young people. "Am I normal?" They read about all these other people, and find out that they are not alone, that a lot of other people have the same thoughts, desires, fears, weird habits. Even though they didn't ask the question, they got the answer, that they are more normal than they thought.

You can't expect every answer you give to help someone. You just have your say, and every now and then it might really help someone.

• Most people on here are stupid lol you are probably a level up on them with your self evident awareness. I would love to see your side of things.

• It is fine just to give advice.. and no matter who it is coming from.. it is only advice, it is then up to the person that asked the question.. what she may or may not do with that said advice.. I mean that guy DR Phil gives a lot of advice.. and he not most times got an experience to go with it.. just give the best advice you can.. we are all in the same boat here

• I have never thought that I have any experience in anything. But the more varried opinions there are here, the better. Someitmes, you can advise on something by only using logic - without having the experience.

• If you don't have the experience of any situation, you have nothing to lose. Stay here, read what the others have to say, you learn and maybe someday one of the questions/answers might help you.
    And sometimes there is some thing you have experienced and would like to share. There is always a way, just go with the flow.

• There will be many questions where your advice will be very welcome so please stay

• Of course. 90% of opinions seem to be that way.

GaG is all about asking a question then getting a whole bunch of different perspectives on an issue.

The asker makes up their own mind on the matter, and is then done with it.

• advice is overrated, better to listen and hear

• you dont need experience, to have opinions

• "No" to you should just leave; you should stay!

What Girls Said 2

• Sure, you can still give good advice without experiencing things. You can still provide your two cents to something. It's just up to the user to take everyone's advice and use it as he or she sees fit.

• Sometimes the impartial observer knows most...