Do you particularly like or dislike private messaging on G@G?

I don't mind it, I get to talk to some really awesome people with a lot of wisdom, but sometimes the creepy/weird/mean messages wear me down. I think it probably has a lot to do with me having a profile picture up, and in no way am I complaining, because you gotta take the good with the bad, but it can be overwhelming to log in and see like, 20 PM notifications. But the awesome people definitely redeem that :)

What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• From functionality point of view, I don't like it. It is so slow. And there is a bug on mobile version which isn't fixed since I signed up here in 2014. Whenever I close my keyboard using back key, a grey area of the size of keyboard creates. I reported it a few times to admins. However it is not as irritating as it used to be. It used to take around 10 seconds to get fixed but now, it takes only 3 or something. Guess devs made some efforts.
    s17.postimg.org/.../...hot_2016_09_29_15_38_40.png

Technically, I like it. It helps us to
    โ˜ปPrivately get some help
    โ˜ปTalk to online friends
    โ˜ปCarry a convo from a thread by not annoying the OP
    โ˜ปMeet new people and get to know them*

* this has a few drawbacks. Some people/spambots abuse this. They send unsolicited nude pics, links to their website, questions regarding identity, death threats and what not?

But still, being a guy, I don't face problems that much :D the only problem guys face is that... we don't get PM at all ;_;
    i1.kym-cdn.com/.../...56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Omg glad someone else has that bug, it is SO annoying!
      Yeah you've listed good reasons, but as does everything, it has it's drawbacks.

Just reporting to say that It still takes 10 seconds. It is the same time it takes to load emojis on sent messages. And it's the same time it takes to load new messages. The server is polled every 10 seconds.

So if you close your keyboard 3 seconds before that request, it will only take 3 seconds. It always varies as you can guess.

And I'll answer here too: I do like messaging a lot. I don't do it often though.

@mikemx55 well, as long as we receive PM, we won't mind the lag, no? :D

Most Helpful Girl

• My Closest friends Message me, @Luci92, and Happy though, with 530 and More Followers, along with My many Notifications that Gag has Mixed and Matched with this Now Somehow... I don't have to be on here, dear, all day.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

*Put your settings on Private so Only followers follow you and you can Block if you don't like them after the fact. xx

Thanks for the Like, hun. xxoo

Thanks for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 47

• It actually makes me angry that I see here young girls on here getting creeped upon, it really wants me to get a rusty pair of garden shears and deal out some instant justice. I have seen people leave because of it. GaG has to highlight more the setting "Only accept mail from people you follow" and encourage users to get to know people in public forum before they agree to PM. Also people can report users for private messages and admin have to have a "One Strike" rule for any sending pervy messages to underage users, one proven report and you are banned for life from GaG.

• Tell them all to FUCK OFF and then BLOCK or REPORT them. They should allow you to filter and not accept any Private Messages from users that are not following you, just modify it from the user profile settings page.

You have the following options if you go to settings:

Set profile private
    Allow messages only from people I follow
    Hide activity of users I blocked
    Don't allow other users to @ mention me

Check the one that said "Allow messages only from people I follow", all problem solved. So if they follow you and PM annoying messages, then block them.

No, I don't think she's should tell them to fuck off xD by reacting like this, she's also violating the guidelines.

@YourFutureEx Specifically the creepy/weird/mean users. Not everyone that PMs her in general.

I know. It doesn't matter if the receiver is a bad person. If you violated the guidelines, you'll be in trouble.

For example: if you steal something from a rapist, you'll still be prosecuted.

• I like messaging on here. And it's fun to chat and talk to different people. But yeah getting to many notifications and responses can be very overwhelming. That sucks you still get those creepy and weird and mean messages. Some guy's don't know how to properly talk to a girl.

• i think it's fine. i don't deal with the creeps that i'm sure a lot of people (particularly women) deal with, so it is nice to sometimes have a private convo outside of the public forum

• I only dislike it when I get that nice, bright golden circle telling me that I have mail, and then I go: :D...

... and then I open my mailbox, and then...

... an automated message from "The G. A. G. Team". xD

That's when it sucks. Otherwise, it's a pretty awesome feature. :P But then again, I'm a guy --- AND one who doesn't have his face as his avatar either --- so I don't really get creepy messages. :)

• I like it, you can find talk to the people who genuinely need advice and offer some deeper words for them. Many people on here just need someone to talk to.

I've never gotten a creepy weird or mean message so i wouldn't know about that 🙉. Just set it so only followers can message you. And dont respond to 1xpers who say "msg me pls" in your opinions.

Haha true. Oh yeah 1xpers don't even get a second glance.

• I don't mind it. A majority of the people who messaged me turned out to be the ones that I talk to the most (on G@G and outside of G@G). Thankfully, I've never received any pervy messages.

As for you, I'm not the least surprised that you received those type of messages because most pretty girls who have their pictures up are constantly bombarded with them. Unfortunately, it just comes with the territory.

• Is this a new feature? or you just talking about the old PM system we've always had?

If it's the latter, then I like it, I've made friends here over the years, whom I talk with out of GaG and some only on here and I've met some pretty cool people through it so that's nice. As for the creepy messages just ignore them.

• I probably never would have started using the site without it. The questikns are just a way to kill some time.

The important advice I've gotten and received and friendships have always been mainly. Holy off messaging. The answers are just a springboard to that.

• Thankfully no one ever creeps on me so all the messages I get are worth reading. But I like PM here - there are a few friends that I can only contact here on G@G

• I like talking to people in here but the private messaging system sucks, that's why I use kik, fb or WhatsApp with people I talk more often.

Every now and then some random people message me but not that often... But I don't have a pink name so that's to be expected. The amount of weirdos and creeps is relatively low with these people too... so I'm fine and wouldn't complain if more people message me lol

• Don't really talk to too many people privately. And with those that I do pm I'm always wondering if I do it too much.

• I don't care much for it.
    I have indeed interacted with people here and there but for the most part it's been pointless, not to mention the creeps.

Juggling pm's bloody nightmare yea.

• Eh, too much harassment in this site for private messaging to be a good thing. I'm surprised I haven't been harassed yet by some angry dude/girl.

• Its alright. Could use some improvements.

• I like

• I don't like it.

Feel like a needy person invading people's space.

I never message people first

• Just make it so only people that you follow can message you.
    I like it because it's better than messaging back and forth with someone too much on another person's question, causing other people to get constant notifications.

• *sends you creepy message* 😈😈😈

• Well I particularly only compliment cute and beautiful girls ;-) only... I don't really strick a conversation as I suck at texting and I get bored... unless it's sexting :-P

• huh, I never knew that was a thing here. I guess private msging is like any other social media platform

• I dont know.. i ve never send/received 1 yet

• Are you talking about private opinions or messaging?

messaging

Ah, well yeah, you will definitely get a lot of attention (some of it a bit unsavoury of course) because you're hella gorge.

I don't have a poopton of followers so I don't get 20 PMs clogging up the works. But I've had some wonderful intellectual, emotional, and sexual PM conversations in my two years here, not nearly enough in my opinion :) It's been good.

I don't even really consider the "bad stuff" that bad at all or felt like they wear me down: So a random bloke sends me a dick pic, it's not like I'm being attacked or hurt by it. I found it funny. I gave him some advice regarding genital hygiene and he lost interest before I could finish suggesting how he could better take care of himself. Hahaha.

Cheers, and I appreciate that you can laugh it off!

• I don't really like it because I don't think I can actually message anyone since every time I've tried it says you can't message people unless they follow you

• Don't think it is a problem. It is good to talk to people and sometimes it's easier to open up to someone you don't really know. And you can talk about things you not normally talk about

• It's useful, but I wouldn't enjoy any creepy messages if i got them.

• I like it, I've met some nice girls to talk to, some exchanged numbers, met 1 girl too who lived an hour away. there used to be a instant messenger too but it's pointless now every just texts or uses kik etc

• i dont either like or dislike it.
    but its a cool option

• I usually dislike it. but I usually reply to such mesages.

• I like it. You can always set it to "accept PM only from people you're following.

• More from Guys
    17

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I kind of like it.. I don't have that much messages in my account so it's fine. Creepy messages definitely suck tho.

• Honestly, I hate it.
    It's really slow plus I have over 70 messages to reply to so I end up taking forever to reply and sometimes I get harassed if I don't reply within 2 minutes.
    Not to mention that I have dozens of messages in all the other apps and many of them are my real life friends aand I get lost with all the messages.
    I suck at messaging in the first place I prefer real interactions and phone calls.

I feel you! Sometimes people get really really pushy when I don't respond in like, 2 minutes, and it's like, calm down!

70? Damn! That sucks for you and for everyone that messages you.

• It's fine...
    Recently I've just been not really doing the messaging thing. Literally everyday I get messages from the same users all like:
    Hi
    Hello
    Hi

Lmfao like just stop! So annoying.

And the messages here just always freaked me out. Someone once sent me their address and told me to meet them for sex. 😂.

• I have random messaging blocked so I only read messages from people I actually want to hear from and are not angry, disgruntled or crazy. Keeping them close makes this site a pinch more tolerable.

And it sucks because there are decent people that really want to talk to me for advice but I have to shut them out to keep the creeps at bay.

• I like it with certain users. It's a fun way to connect with people until they start getting creepy.

• Private messaging my dick pic to you right now.

media.giphy.com/media/Nydc6dmNRyyqc/giphy.gif

• I dont put a photo of myself as a profile to cut down the number of creepers and dick pics and it works pretty well. I like the pm system otherwise.

• I don't really use that feature but I'd be ok allowing the anonymous feature on my questions

• I get so many creepy messages :( eurgh.

I feel you :(

I think we should make an open source filter as a community so any site with messaging can use it, for the public good! You can limit messages to followers but when you have thousands you're kind of back to square one

@john52461 that's true

• I blocked my messages for everyone I'm not following
    So I only talk to few people and I like

• Depends who the message is from I enjoy some more then others.

• It has its pros.
    I've only messaged several people on here – all very polite. The rest are creeps.

• I like it but I'm horrible about responding.

• I like it besides the annoying people that decide to come message me about some nonsense

• I dont do private messaging On here.