When you report a comment, who decides to take it down?

I notice that whenever I report someone for writing insults or something offensive/racist, it never gets taken down. Meanwhile other people report me all the time for simply disagreeing with their ideas and my comment gets removed for being "antagonistic". I'm just wondering if some moderators have a personal vendetta against certain users?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think -any- of the moderators actually see notification that anything has been reported. Maybe ubers? But to my knowledge, only admins receive notice that something is reported.

Moderators are just hiding stuff they see that they deem offensive (for later review by admins, who can undo the hiding).

While I'm sure different moderators have different things they jump on faster or slower, the big factor is visibility. If you go write an offensive question, it's highly visible and will get hidden fast. Offensive opinion... fairly fast. If 30 comments in to an argument between two users someone is offensive, very few people are actually reading it, so it takes way longer to get noticed.

No we actually get to see questions that get reported. Downside is that at least at my level, I don't see what the offensive is for in particular. I have to review it and make my own determination. We make mistakes too in hiding posts and reporting questions, but can request feedback from Administrators to get a better success rate at it.

@WhereAmI Wow, that's a new feature. Back when I was a mod, couldn't see -anything-

Most Helpful Girl

• Administrators make all final decisions in what gets removed or reinstated on the site. If your posts violate the guidelines, they will be removed. Similarly, if you feel other people are violating the rules, you can report them. You can view the posting guidelines here. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

All reported posts are reviewed within 24 hours. If you don't understand why a post you reported was not removed, you are free to contact us and ask about it by sending in a contact form here. www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

What Guys Said 6

• Been my experience, think some mods/admins really dont like me. People are allowed to insult me for example, and if I insult people back my comment gets taken down but theirs dont. Had a comment removed cause I made a harmless joke, but it was related to the topic. Was 10 other comments at least that didn't even answer the question, I answered in a joking way and it was unrelated. People can be hostile to you, but you can't be hostile back. But yeah I dont know, seem like comments get removed for any reason, can't even mention the word suicide at times, which I also experienced been taken down.

In either case I certainly given up on being "too" honest on this site. can't talk about the darker stuff, can't encourage or help people who really struggle etc. Its just sad in itself. Cause its a well put together site in many ways, so its a shame. Could be so much more than what it is.

Same here. It's pretty obvious.

• As far as I know Admins are the only ones who can remove, mods can hide it until it is reviewed by admin

• The administrators make the final call. Moderators can only hide what they see as a comment that violates the rules or in the case of a question, further promote the violation or hide it depending upon the moderator status. Permanent deletion or reinstatement is made by the administrators.

• Moderators can't even see the reports for opinions and replies. We only see reports for mytakes and questions. Also the admins make the final call.

• the mod snitches report them and the sissy Admins take them down.

• I'm sure there is some favoritism going on. Likely they don't properly vet out their moderators.

What Girls Said 2

• The mods can see a list of reported posts and can hide them if they think it should be hidden. However, only admins can actually remove the posts.

• The super mods take it down I believe. But they review it and see if it fits the policy. And if not then the ADMINS. They're the ones behind the scenes and mostly take it down and send you a warning. No mods don't have a personal vendetta against you. Hell we don't even know you. If you're comments violate the GAG policy. It'll be take down. Simple as that. Hate is no tolerated amongst other things. Hope this helps!