This is the internet so anyone can say whatever they want online, so why do some users get mad when a user excercises their right to block them?

Online people have the right to say their opinion, well at least on here, but at the same time the same users get mad when they get blocked, but every user on here at least has the right to block someone, so why do some people get mad when this right is used?

2mo people who start unnecessary drama on threads should be blocked, who wants to read that drama all day? Also people who consistently keep tagging and replying should be blocked, how would you feel if you logged in and got 10 notifications from the same user on one thread? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• That is very good logic - I think a lot of people are annoyed by last word block - Where they lash someone out of it then block

Most Helpful Girl

• Entitlement. For some reason, many people here truly believe that they can act out as much as they want, be as nasty, combative, antagonistic, immature, and toxic as they please yet still be warmly welcomed, invited, and embraced by total strangers who owe them nothing. I think it’s because deep down they have entitlement issues and seem to think they have a right to any space and any random person’s attention that they’d like. In a place like this, the block feature is a filtering system and I keep my atmosphere decontaminated.

If you’re not my family, my homie, my lover, or my dog; don’t expect unlimited chances to act a damn fool because you’ll never get them. Point blank period.

@update: I agree. Somebody please explain the logic where these random strangers feel they can be as huge of a dramatic, never-ending mess as they'd please and it should be tolerated and accepted for as long as they wish? Hell nah. There are few people in this world who will get that level of patience and committed focus/time from me and none of them are strangers I've known for 2 minutes on Girlsaskguys. com.

You *whoever you are hypothetical GAG user* shouldn't have the expectation to still be invited, included, and embraced if you're going to spread negativity, drama, and utter nonsense everywhere you go every time you open your mouth (or type on your keyboard)

Thanks for mho :)`

What Guys Said 1

• You can't say whatever you want here, there are moderators and rules.

People get mad because then you can't respond to a comment thread on their post anymore, so they get the last word. And people don't know they blocked you so it looks like you just left and they won the argument. That's one of the reasons at least. Also in most cases it's just someone being oversensitive. They have the right to block people, that doesn't mean the people can't get mad and question the reasonning behind it.

people who start unnecessary drama on threads should be blocked, who wants to read that drama all day? Also people who consistently keep tagging and replying should be blocked, how would you feel if you logged in and got 10 notifications from the same user on one thread? lol

Doesn't seem like a reason to block someone. 10 notifications is only a mild inconvenience.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe they get mad because"this is the internet so anyone can say whatever they want online"? lol!

I am not sure. I imagine they may be the type that needs to get in the last word or they may feel like you wrongly blocked them or something else.

Who knows?

What I want to ask, and I mean this question sincerely, why block people? I have never really understood why people block people.

Though people bug me or annoy me, I do not block. I may ignore what they post or skip over it but I do not block. I actually believe that people have the right to their say even the ones that bug the shit out of me!!! hahaha!

I think I have figured out that some people can't handle emotionally seeing other people's post so they need to block them from their existence for peace of their own mind, and while that is not something I would do, I understand that is why people do that. I just do not quite get it. Just because you blocked yourself from reading those people posts does not mean that other people aren't reading their posts so why block yourself? I guess I just don't really get it. I try though. :)

My thought is, I want the right to say what I think. And if I want the right to say what I think, then I need to defend the right for others to say what they think. It just is how that works.

So as for your question, I assume just like you want the right to block people, they want the right to be mad about it. So be it. /shrug

• People think some users are being cowards by blocking instead of finishing a debate/argument.