Do you think GAG mods are trustworthy?

I don't and that's precisely why a majority of my answers are anonymous. For one, you can tell that some of these people have very questionable thought processes based on some of the answers they give. Two, a former mod had deleted her account and when she came back, she acknowledged that if GAG mods don't like you, they'll continuously hide your posts in an effort to get your account suspended. Three, I've watched them let their little internet friends get away with violating the rules and making sure they report posts their friend has a problem with but leave their friend's antagonistic posts up. I also remember hearing something about GAG mods who targeted a specific user either until her account was banned or until she left. It was something I had skimmed across on a post where an anonymous user was being accused of being someone then the asker was basically bragging about how she, other mods, and maybe some users had obsessively stalked her posts to report anything that even moderately violated the guidelines, hoping to get her account deleted.

Do you think GAG mods are trustworthy?

• Yes.
  • No.
2mo I should have left a third poll option for the mods who will probably automatically vote yes
2mo Should the moderators who participate in this be called out? Do you think we all have a right to know which mod will smile in our face or be friendly to us, yet gang up on us later on or allow someone to disrespect us but make sure their friend is not punished?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are spot on about their little friends. They can curse you off insult you, and never have their posts removed. I have reported posts months ago that were never taken down, but ofcourse my entire side of the conversation is removed. In fact some of them get promoted to mods or editors of the month. Not saying all are like this, but as everything is done in secret, it's impossible to tell who is letting people get away with this. I feel your pain. Just an FYI you upvoted one of their favorite female pets.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that? There are a couple of users I've seen who literately are not helpful at all, not saying anything profound or even moderately interesting, and trying to make a joke out of being a condescending, belittling jerk yet because the guy's friends are mods, all of the trash that comes out of their mouths remains posted.

Oh wow! I never noticed

If you see then then please tell the admins. They will have their status revoked and perhaps their account removed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can tell you right now that I remove just as many of the posts from people that I'm cool with as I do from people that I'm not. I don't understand why people think mods have all this power. We literally send posts up to admins for review. That's it. Are there mods that abuse that? Sure. But it only lasts so long because if it doesn't break any rules then the adminis will reinstate it.

You seem to be one mod who's been consistent with respect. I've been here for a while and I don't recall you ganging up on users or being disrespectful. I don't think it's that people think mods have so much power but that the little bit of power they do have is sometimes misused and it's because of personal experiences or us witnessing a mod show their a** and act a damn fool.

Because I don't disrespect anyone until I'm disrespected. I don't feel the need to gang up on people. I'm human. I've had my own comments removed for snapping on people. We're not above the rules. I say that all the time. Our comments get removed just like everyone else's. And yes, I did need to get it off my chest.

Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 23

• I can only speak for myself.

There is a lot of subjectivity involved. Honestly, there have been a few times that I've looked at a question that seems (no pun intended) questionable and in the past, if another mod answered it, I didn't remove it. I have started moving away from that though. And yes, I have hidden posts from other mods before.

I don't target anyone specifically to get them suspended, if not booted from the site altogether. If there are certain users that I pay closer attention to, it's not because I don't like them. It's because they are repeat offenders. There are plenty of users whose opinions I don't agree with, but unless they violate community guidelines, I leave them be.

This goes along with what I just said, but neither do I "team up" with other mods to make trouble for other users.

I won't deny that this is practice for certain mods, though I couldn't tell you who I think they are. I will say that recently, there was one mod whose violation was so blatantly obvious that I would question judgments from said person, but I have nothing else to go on than that.

I did not ask nor did I apply to be a mod. I was invited by the admins on my own merits and was promoted each time in kind.

Basically, I take a Thomas More approach to being a mod...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9rjGTOA2NA

• https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/55579122.jpg
    you are in too deep to even be considering this back away from your computer go outside and live your life before it's too late ok?

Lol, I was going to upvote you before you made the rude assumption about me living my life

yea... right.. welp ok then! good luck with whatever this is and whatever you hope to accomplish

So someone can't just ask a question to get an idea of other people's experiences? They have to be "out to accomplish" something? What's with your instantly aggressive, combative tone towards me that began before I even personally spoke to you?

Are you one of those users who's had a mod-buddy back you up and feeling called out or what? I don't get your tone.

• No. There's many mods that won't do shit if they see insulting opinions/comments. I can understand if they don't see them, but it's impossible not to see them when the it's a question written by a mod.
    There's also mods that hide stuff that shouldn't be hidden.
    There was a question about if we're happy the rapist Bill Clinton will be back in the White House, and it got hidden (don't know if removed too). How is that question against the rules?
    I've also had some of my questions hidden, but only had one removed, so they clearly were doing a bad job.

You see people being extremely racist, calling you names and shit, others being really antagonistic, and their comments are never removed, but call someone a bitch, and you get yours removed in 2 minutes xD

Honestly, I don't think anything should be removed unless it wishes death on someone, it's spam, or just gibberish, but stuff like calling someone an asshole, shouldn't be removed. The thing is, if they are gonna remove small stuff like an insult, they should remove it for everyone, not a few.
    The rules should be the same for everyone, and many mods don't do that. If you're their friend, you'll get away with anything.

• voted yes. i'm a mod and certainly don't discriminate in my suggested removal of answers. i also know that a mod can suggest a post for removal but the site admins have to remove so even if a mod had a bias against someone the posts would still have to meet the criteria for removal

i don't know all or even most moderators but the once i know all seem trustworthy as far as moderating the site is concerned

• Everyone in the world is out to get you. The Internet, and specifically this website, matters that much.

• If any mod was bragging on stalking and reporting to get someone deleted, hen referring that post to one of the admins would end those mods "careers" on here. And if I was having what seemed to b unfair treatment, I would refer it to a mod. I have done so in he past and had posts that were hidden returned. And I can only assume that if there was a pattern of that with certain mods, the admins would recognize it from the reports and take care of it.

Interesting that you blocked @RedThread's thread. Must have hit a nerve!

Interesting how people here aer quick to assume that their assumptions and guesses are facts. He didn't hit a nerve, I was just tired of his useless yapping away at the mouth and trying to mock my entire post. I don't tolerate disrespect. I don't care how popular the user is, whether they're a mod or not, or how entitled they feel to be hanging around my post wasting space.

Disrespect or mock me and you lose your chance to participate/receive the same attention I'll give to others.

*are

• My thoughts on mods - They are human which can be good and bad - There must be several hundred so there could be a few bad ones - I have been around for 18 months on 4 accounts and stayed mainly outside the mainstream but there have been examples of Mod/User conflict going both ways - Mods can only be judged on their stats, if 80% of the comments they hide are put back, there will be questions asked.

• I dont understand why some people hate mods. I've never had a problem with any of them

I don't hate mods; I'm just curious of other people's perspectives. I don't understand why some people can't communicate or interpret a question without attaching extreme assumptions to it that were never stated nor implied.

Yes you do hate them your whole description said so including your updates. Don't sit here and say your not hating on them when you are.

No, I don't. Don't try to tell me what I feel or think or arrogantly decide that your speculation is a fact which exists in my psyche. You don't know everything and you certainly don't know my specific thoughts and feelings towards each and every single mod.

• If we hide posts for no reason our mod status will be removed.

• I was a mod for a brief while and honestly some of them dont do their job half the time You have good ones but generally its half and half

• Are you butthurt?

Not at all. Is your intellect so weak and small-minded that any time someone raises a question you don't like, you assume they're butthurt?

Yeah. I just eat. workout. fck sloots. I actually don't even know the difference between a , and a.
      You're above me in every way OP.

• Some of them seem cool but what you have said doesn't surprise me.

• Some more than others

• Well, they're humans who make human mistakes. We're not all perfect, but we try our best to be. I'm sure things will get better.

• NOPE, i reported one for harassing me. Not all Moderators are bad

• I don't know it.

• lol i have no idea. i dont think i should be worried though.

• Reading that, I'd agree to no

• I don't trust people in general. It's just a good rule to go by. That includes people I meet IRL. Most people say one thing to your face, and another when you aren't around, or at least when they think you aren't around to hear it.

• i dont trust anyone on this site

• I don't trust them.

• Why would I trust them? They're just people like everyone else. IF anything, they are more UNTRUSTWORTHY because people in positions of power are not to be trusted

the only power we have is suggest a post for removal. we can't remove them. our power is the equivalent of a 13 year-old telling on his siblings to parents. sure we can bring something to their attention but ultimately on the parents can actually do anything

• I've had admins, not mods,. read my messages with other users than discuss it with people.

So... yeah.

What Girls Said 17

• I am sure there are good moderators. However they are bad ones. I once made a my take about how I will always prefer the nice guy over the asshole and one guy said I made that my take in an attempt to seem less narrow minded and shallow, he then called me a shallow whore. I cussed him out. But guess whose comments were removed? Yep mine. Guess whose comments weren't removed? Yep his.

Who was it that called you those names?

I think he blocks mods because he thinks we can't see him or something.

@RainbowFanGirl it sounds like I am not the only one he has don ever this to. It sounds like he does this to a lot of girls. Good to know I am not alone.

• I don't trust anyone on GaG , they are all random strangers to me. As regards to hiding posts, they'll be put back up by admin if the content is within GaGs guidelines. The mods only hide them , not remove them.

Surely if they hide posts all of the time which fits in with the guidelines, the mods would be viewed incompetent of being a mod by the admin.

• Being anon won't stop your posts being removed.

I'm as objective as possible when I moderate, I remove anything against the rules regardless of who posted them.

It won't stop my post from being removed, but it will conceal my identity so that I don't have to worry about being targeted by unfair, shady mods.

I don't get you. One moment you try to paint me out to be paranoid then the next you say you agree.

You have an attitude problem and I'm not going to tolerate it just because you have an extra little icon next to your name.

• Yes...
    I mean... I did...

But, to be honest, not that concerned with any of it either way. What is this, high-school?

• That's a load of crock. We all want the chance to win amazon giftcards too much to let people get away with shit

Yea, most of us, if not all of us, hides any content that we think breaks the rules.

Yeah, although I do find those who have consistently kept breaking the rules which makes it easier lol

• There is Most likely a Few on here, dear, who are Not... Totally Trustworthy.
    There are probably Some, hun, who Show Partiality and are Far from Perfect.
    Good luck. xx

• I was a mod on my previous account and I didn't do any of that. But I wasn't close friends with any mods except @RainbowFanGirl and I know she doesn't do that.

But, truthfully, anyone can report a comment and mods can do that same but hide it from public view. If it violate site rules, then it's a violation. But if it's never reported by anyone, mod or not, it's most likely going to stay up.

• I was a mod for a period of time before and know many mods and I don't think this is the case at all. I'm not aware of it ever happening and if you have proof otherwise you should report them.
    Most of the mods do a good job at something that's really pretty boring to do.

• Some of us are trustworthy and some maybe aren't, not that I know of. I understand that what you observed is annoying, but don't worry too much about it because if a mod hides your post unfairly, the site system will bring it back. Hidden posts are reviewed and are brought back if they don't break any rules. Mods just like any other user don't get away with posting agnostic things, not only their post gets removed but there is a high chance they lose their mod status.

• We're not allowed to hide posts for no reason and break the rules. If we do our mod status will be revoked.

• Well... if this website is a place you're really invested in, I can see why you would get upset. But like, maybe it's a sign that maybe you should turn your time to something more valuable. Not judging, just a thought :)

False assumption. This website is not some major investment of mine. I just noticed something and spoke out on it.

• I am indifferent about mods.
    Their cool, but maybe some of them over use their power? :/
    I don't know. We should just leave them to do their job. 😊

• Until I have reason not to, I imagine they do their job as they are supposed to.

• they never bothered me and I cuss like a sailor

• A lot aren't.
    I am aware of certain ubers who all worked together to get certain people's comments taken down and ultimately their accounts banned.
    Most mods are very cliquey. Literally zero even talk to me hahaha.

Thank you for being honest instead of pretending that this was just a figment of my imagination.

@Bandit74 She was never a mod.

@itsallover

I thought she was, but maybe I am confusing her with someone else :/

• Yeah we can't decide anything we just report, and Admins look over the reports and make the final decisions.

• I do not know if you are new to gag or just mad at your stuff being taken down, but even if mods do not report it, the admins will take it down whether you are anonymous or not. Being anon does not change anything dear, if its against the rules it will be taken down.

Thanks for the tip. I'm aware that being anonymous doesn't keep your posts from being taken down and I didn't think that being anonymous would keep your posts up. I remain anonymous because I've heard cases about some power hungry mods taking on angry stalker tendencies and obsessively fixating on one user's posts to report.