Why are some users on here so rude and disrespectful?

Before I start getting attacked, I am not bashing gag in any way. In fact, I am grateful to have found a site where I can ask questions freely and receive feedback from actual people.
However, I have noticed that some people on here just lack common sense and choose to curse out users and answer rudely for no reason.
For instance, sometimes instead of just answering the question, some users will say something like "wow, you are so stupid or (insert insult)" or "you're such an idiot for asking this, mind your own business", or make some sort of irrelevant comment.
I mean if you don't like a question, what's so hard about ignoring it and moving along instead of acting so childish?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the internet and they can hide behind the computer. People are more likely to state what it's on their mind when they are hiding behind the computer. They are true assholes. This site tends to attract users who are bitter and rude and disrespectful. If you see such comments, just report them and block them if you can :)

Most Helpful Girl

• This website attracts a lot of users with some deeply seated mental health issues and anger management problems that are aimed at the opposite sex. Pinks here get harassed randomly a lot more often than the blues by blues. So it's sadly a normal thing here and the sites biggest turn off.

What Guys Said 14

• People feel no shame when hiding safely behind a computer screen.

• I think people just get carried away on the keyboard and do things they wouldn't dream of doing in real life - They feel protected on the net.

• I have the same question too. !!

• Are you butthurt?

• It's the Internet. Common decency and etiquette died an insane death a decade ago

• Well, it's the internet...

• Because some people are Internet wankstas. They think they're a "g" by acting tough behind a keyboard. They just broadband thuggin' by actin' a fool.

• If you chose to ask a question, you have no control over how others answer or react, it's life. If you are concerned about people being rude then you can just ask in a safe space.

It's like this comment here, people are free to agree, disagree, curse me or say anything they please. The difference is, I will simply ignore all of it and go on with my day.

• It's the internet. Honestly it irritates me when people try to "fix" the internet and make it a more respectful place. Let people roam free.

Nobody is trying to "fix" anything. It honestly irritates me when people don't even understand what the purpose of this question is.

But this site also isn't meant for everyone to be only polite and respectful. It's to get honest advice -_-

Honest advice is one thing and being rude and disrespectful is unnecessary. Like I said, that's why admins remove comments that are offensive and downright nonsense. That's why this site has terms in the first place.

• I wonder too. It's not only here. On a lot of other wensotes, fora, discussion groups over whatever, there's a lot of annoying, rude people. I think they are socially inadept, they can not function in a real world with real people and revert to the safety of their online identity. They shy other people away. A lot of sites require one extra click to see comments - even respected news sites -a nd that is a good thing. It helps shutting of the garbage in the comment sections...

It's a pity.

• Because we can do so with no fear of retaliation or condemnation.

• Women deserve to be disrespected.

What Girls Said 12

• The quickest thing that came to mine is that what I tend to see a lot is that when a woman here is genuinely seeking help with her question, for some reason, some men tend to be very heartless and throw back some type of Nazi feminist rant. I mean, it's clear feminism has deeply pissed a lot of people off, but that's not the fault of every woman.

When men are very depressed about something, he's told to suck it up, be a man, he's pathetic, etc. I mean GAG is a really nice place and a good idea to really get to know each other, but so many people mistreat it.

I guess what comes with online comes with trolling and also being completely blunt without consequences becuase it's behind the screen.

• People get "brave" when they're anonymous.

• Some people thrive on confrontation so they intentionally antagonize people to drawn them into a heated argument or just to see them
    " bite" . Ignore them or block them.

• Just pussies who would not have the guts to do so in real life ^^

• People find it easier to act rude and disrespectful when they're behind computer screens.

• Sorry for my rude, ignorant outbursts :/

• Lmao sorry if I hurt your feelings
    https://i.chzbgr.com/full/8432724224/h2019AEDD/

• Most of them are battered souls with mental afflictions

• People can be cowards, just report them and move on.

• because some people in general are rude and disrespectful. learn to deal with it

I deal with it everytime I post on this site.

• They're call keyboard warriors

• Why are you asking such a stupid question? Its the internet. Jeez