What's with people and being rude on this site?

I mean most people on here are just pretty mean. What's the deal?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, people who are rude need a place that allows themselves to be rude. So, the internet was always a place to be able to do that, especially when you're anonymous. And I'm not talking about people who are just very serious and passionate about a topic, which may make them appear to be rude. I'm talking about to real terrible people, like trolls, people who laugh at another's misfortune, make a person feel even worse about a circumstance in their life, disregard what is important to somebody. etc. For example, A ran into a question here a few days ago where a girl was upset that she found out her boyfriend was her first cousin. Rather than be compassionate and helpful, this one guy made a Jerry Springer comment, which obviously upset the woman.
    I've met some awesome people through the internet, but most were in fact jerks.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Welcome aboard on the internet express! 👮
    Were you will meet different kinds of people! 👤

We have all been there. That stuff doesn't bother me anymore. You have to get over it. 😊

• not everyone is mean on here

• Don't know man that's the way it is. I got used to it and now shit don't bother me on here. Don't take anything personally, just mind your own business and enjoy.

• Because people will freely say stuff that they would never say to your face.

• What's with people actually giving a shit? It's the Internet.

• I don't know Lol leave if you don't like it

What Guys Said 13

• Read about all that and more in this month's issue OF...
    static.tvtropes.org/.../itg01_3790.jpg

• I'm never rude unless provoked; you filthy ghoul!

• Suck it up chicken :p lol

• Are you butthurt?

• I believe it is a vocal minority - Most of the users here are okay

• Victims of bullying come on here to bully others.
    Plus the human race is evil. That too.

• That's just their personalitys. It's all about them, and it's not at all about you basically.

• I'm not mean you fucking cunt fag piece of shit. I'm just kidding, this is the internet. Mean people right and left

• It's the Internet. What do you expect?

• Most people on here are naive and stupid. It's hard not to be nasty to them.

• Congratulations, you have discovered INTERNET

• its because they know theyll never have to back it up or meet people face to face

• that is how people can get