Did you ever type an opinion but chose to not post it?

Have you ever gone through a similar experience?
You see a take, you read it, you type a thought out response/opinion, then when it comes to clicking the submit button you just stop?
It doesn't have to be just here on GaG by the way; Any similar experience would do.
If yes, share some details, such as the subject at hand, what you wrote, and what stopped you at the last second from sharing/sending.

0|0
5|10

Most Helpful Girl

• There have been several times that I've done that. Sometimes it's just because I don't have the energy to invest in what feels like a "long conversation." Other times its because I don't think my opinion will be received well, I have some really off the wall thoughts!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I do it all the time. For various reasons. Most of the time I write it out fully but then realise there's either no point to it, it's not helpful, or something exactly like it has already been said.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I have and then put myself as an anon because my best friend happens to be on this site so I didn't want her to judge me or to change the way she thought of me :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have. It was more because I didn't know how to word something properly, so I just moved on.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot, too many G@G users are immature and I don't feel like arguing with them because it will inevitable lead to an argument.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many many times especially on how do I look questions.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Sometimes, yeah. I'll start typing and then realize it we'll either take to long to explain myself or it will lead to further debate, and I just don't have the time or energy at the moment, haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes, it has happened that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • yep i have. i've typed responses and then realized i don't feel like engaging in the conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes if I think it will turn into an argument, I say to myself "Is it worth it?" if not I will cancel opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Often

0|0
    0|0
  • yes every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • mmm rarely, only if it doesn't make sense and I am too lazy to retype.

0|0
    0|0
  • if i write something, then see they don't allow anonyous answers, i probably won't

and no, im not a troll, i actually write quite good answers, and often have it selected as MHO, i just, don't like people knowing who i am

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sometimes when i feel like its going to be a huge rant and i just dont have the energy or i feel op won't appreciate my answer

0|0
    0|0