Should we be able to invite people to questions or myTakes that are not our own?

This would greatly encrease the amount of people that could visit a single post.
Doesn't mean that everyone would be inviting everyone (most would be too lazy to do it anyway), but each one of us has at times come across this one question or take so good that we thought it deserved all the attention it could get.

• Yes, we should be able to invite people to other's posts.
  • No, we should not be able to invite people to other's posts.
  • Other/results.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm, I see your point and how it could be helpful. It's like you're recommending that a friend answer the same question you did. The only time I could see it being problematic is if the users have blocked each other.

But you wouldn't be able to post an opinion on a post of someone who has blocked you anyway though.

Thanks for MHO!

ur well cum

What Girls Said 11

• Hey, I like the idea :) Right now we can mention people on our opinions for that purporse, but I think your suggestion is good!

• It's annoying enough being invited to questions. I don't want to be invited to questions by someone that didn't even ask it. They can just use the @ mention feature. I don't want to be invited to anything.

I think the notifications for the former can be turned off, no? If so, it should be possible to turn off the notifications for the other as well.

It can. If someone actually uses that feature, then I can see why they'd want to be able to invite people to questions they didn't ask, but half the people on this site don't care about that...

• Yes. I think that would be a great idea. If you find something interesting and you think others may, I see no reason not to invite others to a thread whether it is your own or not.

• Yes we should, I support the idea.

• I think it could be a bad thing. What if people invite all their pals to a question to gang up on the Owner? :o

You think everyone here has this pack mentality to "gang up"? I'd say most people here are decent.

Neither do I and I never said I hate people off here. I just said there some people shouldn't be on here.

• I think @ mentioning feature is sufficient for this 😃

• Yup it would be cool

• Yeah, why not? Only if they're following you though. I don't think you should be able to invite people you're following but don't follow you back.

I have seen users who are following literally hundreds of others but have a dozen or so followers themselves.

I know, that's why I say only send it to your followers lol, I would hate to come on here to have 10 or 15 notifications just for them to be invites.

• God no. It's annoying enough tjat half my notifications are invites...

• Yes, why not?

• I'd love to be able to invite users to my anon questions.. somehow. I've asked a few personal issue questions but the onlly users who've responded are trolls and people who aren't commenting to really give genuine advice. There's certain users who I respect and I'd know they'd really help me but I can't invite them due to being in anon

What Guys Said 4

• Why not simply encourage the posted to invite others? You could give them a list of users who you think might be interested.

But what if it's a relatively new user that doesn't have as much connections as a veteran, who could invite dozens of not hundreds of people? Not like all of them would answer anyway, but the numbers still would be bigger than what the young user could ever muster up him/herself.

• I just tag them in my comment - @ThisDudeHere will like this take

But for one, you're limited to just 5 + the amount you can bother typing in a reply. For two, you have to either memorize or go and check all the names. An invitation feature would make it all faster, more convenient and help garner bigger numbers.

• You sort of can... just tag them in an opinion.

Only 5 tags in one post. And even then you have to remember and then correctly type the usernames. The invitation feature is more convenient.

• Yes, but only if they haven't been invited yet. Because if we want to know what their answer is we would either have to tag them or create a new question.

Yeah, I think the system should work in that if you have already been invited or have already answered, or even liked the post, you can't get another invitation.