GAG used to be about giving advice, why has it become not only political but also trivial?

people have their political agendas. and then you have people asking people their favorite color?

this used to be about giving advice, why did it change?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't forget the stupid questions lop like the one I asked about lipsdicks.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1- the admin isn't that good and are extremely bias and promote ignorance and stupidity on this site
    2- most users use this for entertainment purposes more so than advice
    3- most of the questions are redundant... There are only so many penis size and thigh gap questions

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• It was always like this to some degree but it's become more prevalent because the mods indirectly encourage this sort of behaviour by not removing this content. I've always ignored those questions because they seem like pathetic attempts at socialisation more so than attempts to seek advice. Another example is "How's everyone doing today?" or "What is everyone doing for Halloween?", etc.

• People are obsessed with spewing ignorant political beliefs online and I don't know why. They think they can explain the extremely complex reality of economics and society in a tiny post. I suppose its a result of cognitive dissonance and since everyone is so heavily opinionated about shit they don't actually understand, they try and validate it by talking about it online and looking for comments that confirm their beliefs and ignoring those that don't. It's a plague.

• The world is an endless change and there are cicles. What was will be again. Just don't lose hope.

so you're saying people dont really change, they just sort of "adjust"?

People change, but I think that in GaG's case it must be an adjust. Many old users aren't active anymore, the active ones are renewed... it'll forever adjust.

• I wouldn't mind that so much if the discussion didn't degenerate into arguments.

• I just asked a trivial question, so guilty here

But, I think people use this site as a source of entertainment, just as much as a place where advice can be asked.

I often answer questions where advice is needed for relationships, jobs, etc

i dont mind that you ask trivial questions, things change, i just want to know WHY they did

I think the frequent users, run out things to ask advice for, but still want to interact on the website. Thats my reason tbh.

• Seriously. I used to be on this site last year. Things haven't changed since I left. A few questions have been fine, even some of the more trivial ones. But others... I hope some of these people stay away from others or seek help for their issues.