What are you trying to get when you ask the opposite gender a question on here?

Are you trying to get that gender to help you with a problem/situation you are working out, or are you trying to learn more about the gender as a whole?

Example:
"Why did 'they' do this?" versus "What is it 'you' like the most?"

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to understand men better so I try to ask them questions that let's me get to know them as a whole.

Your comment should be the only one lol it makes up for the next 99% replies on this.

Her answer is my answer.

@NatashaJ
      I get that. I understand why you ask questions.

But if 99% of the people say that why are so many people asking about the other side of question?

What Girls Said 3

• Seeing as an asker has to ask a specific question, I imagine they are looking for an answer to that problem/situation. When taken in conjunction with other questions/comments a person can then also begin attempting to understand the gender as a whole.

That is a great observation.

I guess my thought process for the question was more like "Ladies, how do you decide how you do (this)" versus "Why did my girlfriend do (this)?"

Does that clarify things a bit?

Then you need to ask your question in such a way as to flush out responses you are looking to hear.

I get you what you are saying now. Thank you. :)

• It's a bit of both, I guess. But it's most interesting isn't it when you get a whole bunch of answers, and you get a sense of the sort of average opinion and its deviation. You get to learn a bit about how the other half thinks!

I get what you are saying about seeing the different sides of things.

Do you mean that you ask both types of questions?

• Both but mostly i study their behavior although i know i will never figure them out

The same could be said about the few gentlemen who want to understand ladies.

Is there a specific topic you like to try and understand about guys more than others?

Not really

What Guys Said 1

• Any question I asked was just something that came into my head at that moment in time?

Was most them something you wanted to be educated on about women? Or did you just want their perspective on a situation?

I never really had a question on a personal situation on this site - They were all general questions about society.

I am the same here. Not really needing help with a particular problem. I just want to be educated about women as a whole for the most part.