What are you trying to get when you ask the opposite gender a question on here?

Are you trying to get that gender to help you with a problem/situation you are working out, or are you trying to learn more about the gender as a whole?

Example:
"Why did 'they' do this?" versus "What is it 'you' like the most?"

1|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to understand men better so I try to ask them questions that let's me get to know them as a whole.

2|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

Your comment should be the only one lol it makes up for the next 99% replies on this.

• Show All
    • 1mo

Her answer is my answer.

• 1mo

@NatashaJ
      I get that. I understand why you ask questions.

But if 99% of the people say that why are so many people asking about the other side of question?

What Girls Said 3

• Seeing as an asker has to ask a specific question, I imagine they are looking for an answer to that problem/situation. When taken in conjunction with other questions/comments a person can then also begin attempting to understand the gender as a whole.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

That is a great observation.

I guess my thought process for the question was more like "Ladies, how do you decide how you do (this)" versus "Why did my girlfriend do (this)?"

Does that clarify things a bit?

• Show All
    • 1mo

Then you need to ask your question in such a way as to flush out responses you are looking to hear.

• 1mo

I get you what you are saying now. Thank you. :)

• It's a bit of both, I guess. But it's most interesting isn't it when you get a whole bunch of answers, and you get a sense of the sort of average opinion and its deviation. You get to learn a bit about how the other half thinks!

1|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

I get what you are saying about seeing the different sides of things.

Do you mean that you ask both types of questions?

• Both but mostly i study their behavior although i know i will never figure them out

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

The same could be said about the few gentlemen who want to understand ladies.

Is there a specific topic you like to try and understand about guys more than others?

• 1mo

Not really

What Guys Said 1

• Any question I asked was just something that came into my head at that moment in time?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Was most them something you wanted to be educated on about women? Or did you just want their perspective on a situation?

• 1mo

I never really had a question on a personal situation on this site - They were all general questions about society.

• 1mo

I am the same here. Not really needing help with a particular problem. I just want to be educated about women as a whole for the most part.