Hey I don't know the ettiquette and nuances of "following" people on G@G... can someone explain the deal to me?

Sorry for the tedious question, but I'm a bit new around here! Is it just an act of friendliness, like on fb? I feel like such an idiot not knowing by now!

Most Helpful Girl

• There are no set rules per se. You can follow anyone that you like for whatever reason: they're funny, they're helpful, and such. People will follow you for the same reason. While it may be nice to follow someone that follows you, you do not have to. I try to, but, based on some users' posts, I don't always follow back if the user seems to only talk about sexual topics for example.

What Guys Said 7

• I do it when I see that the person I want to follow asks really good questions that I want to give advice on.

When I am going to "follow" a woman I might ask her if it's okay if I do that as a way to be polite and not come off as a creeper.

• I'm sure as a girl you don't have to worry too much. As a guy I think they automatically think I'm a creeper. Oh well, it's ok cuz I am.

• Depends on your reasoning why you'd follow someone... people on here are different so you can expect a mixed opinion of which is a valid answer, but in my opinion I think people largely follow those that peak their interest on this site.

• when you follow someone you will get a notification about them that they asked a question. its nothing special honestly

• Welcome to site, a friendly gesture or you are interested in /like a person opinions. As a friendly gesture I will follow you

• Don't worry about that nonsense.

Do as you please. Expect the worse from your peers.

• ettiquette and nuances? really. this isn't the 1920's anymore

What Girls Said 2

• Following a member simply allows you to be more "in touch" with that person. If you choose to, you can filter the content in your Live Feed by users you follow so you will only see their activity. If you find a particular user helpful or simply like their posts, you can follow them and this will help you see their posts on the site.

In some cases, following can allow you to private message other members too if they have their settings set to only allow messages from users they follow. This information is available in our FAQ as well. :) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#75

• Just follow people. They'll block you or ignore you if they don't care for you XD